AMS: Final Update Deployed - Donington and Snetterton Available Now

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Donington Park b.jpg

The final update for Automobilista is now live - includes two iconic British racing venues.

It's been a long time in the making, but we can now finally say that development for the exceptional Automobilista Racing Simulator (AMS) has reached its final conclusion - with Reiza Studios having just deployed what they consider to be the very last update for the still outstanding racing simulation - including the addition of two bonus British racing tracks in the form of (my personal favourite track) Donington Park, and the recently revamped Snetterton circuit.

Reiza AMS V1.5.24 Update Notes:

While a hotfix for eventual minor glitches from this release is possible, v1.5.24 is the last major update and marks the conclusion for Automobilista development. To celebrate the occasion we have launched the Automobilista Ultimate Edition, which bundles the base game with the Automobilista Season Pass, granting you all that AMS has to offer in a single purchase, 50% off the full price!

Below is the changelog for v1.5.16 -> v1.5.24:
  • Added Donington Park DLC (GP and National layouts)
  • Added Snetterton DLC (300 and 200 layouts)
  • Updated to latest Fanatec SDK, adding: support for Podium DD; rumble support on wheels and pedals; configurable flag LEDs (when applicable); improved 3-digit display and shift LEDs turned off if ignition is off, blinking if pit limiter is on; LED brightness configurable (when applicable) - all configurable from in game menu. Wheel rotation on game exit is now reset to maximum of wheelbase (can be configured to different value from controller.ini).
  • Updated to latest Logitech SDK - no more need for separate branch for Logitech G29 / G920 on Steam; Logitech G29 / G920 now resets to 900° on game exit (can be configured to different value from controller.ini)
  • Fixed a bug with Thrustmaster rotation detection, now game won´t change Profiler rotation from what it was before launching game
  • AMS Config now defaults to Windowed mode on Windows 10 systems due to Antialiasing failing to apply on NVIDIA cards in full screen mode (in case of problems run AMS Config and disable)
  • AMS Config app no longer crashes on exit
  • Multiplayer: Halved empty autochat message send time (to 15s) to keep connection alive and increased message priority to aid inactivity disconnects
  • Fixed occasional audio artifacts
  • Drift mode CTD possibly fixed
  • Slightly reduced default steering ratio for all vehicles
  • Several skin updates for various series
GENERAL NOTES:

This release includes several controller support updates for all 3 major manufacturers so please check the changelog for expected changes.

One such change means Logitech G29 / G920 users no longer have to use separate branches from main release for automatically configuring rotation lock per vehicle.

If you experience any issues running the game following the update, it´s worth running a Steam Integrity Check to make sure all files have been added / updated correctly.

The previous v1.5.16 release remains available as a Beta branch in case you experience any issues with this new build or have an upcoming league race with the old version. Further instructions as to how to switch to a beta branch here.

AMS Donington Park a.jpg
AMS Snetterton a.jpg
AMS Snetterton b.jpg

Automobilista is available exclusively on PC.

Don't forget to check out the Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep abreast of the latest news and discussions with regards to the simulation. We have a massive mod database where you can check out and download a selection of cars, tracks, skins, apps and other such third party content, plus of course we host some incredible club racing events on a regular weekly basis. If you want to become involved in the action yourself, check out the Automobilista Racing Clubs and Leagues sub forum and sign yourself up to a race today!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I don't really understand what they changed on controller settings but on my G27 stearing now feels very heavy and if I want to get it to normal 2x alt+tab just like in rF2 which is quite frustrating. Anyone else has this issue since the last update?

Not that impressed by the update, to be fair. I read on multiple posts here and on the Reiza page that they'd also add things like Anti-Stall mechanics, KERS/ERS mechanics, etc. for the modern F1 cars and I was really looking forward to that. Where's all that stuff?

Yep Donington , my favourite british track is greatly done on ams and its an oficial ams track so we dont have to use mods that limits substantially the grid.

One Permanent Timetrial Server with Donington is set (" ONLY DONINGTON @ Timetrial" ) in case you want to compete and know where you stand against others.

And here it comes my opinión :p : I miss that time when Reiza organized the timetrials and some races... those times are gone but lets see if with AMS2 they offer some similar or better ( i really hope a better) multiplayer organized action...on these days a sim is not only to be played offline....or at least the open servers should be more populated, only my humble and may be wrong opinión, please dont hate me :p, i am so sensitive!

Last edited:
Thanks REIZA for the last two new tracks. A great era of AMS1 is ending now.
I will also miss the nice mods which were available for AMS1 and unfortunately won't be for AMS2, which is not moddable. That keeps me back from buying the new version.

If you can't tell the difference then use the medium setting, but you could try taking a screenshot so you can see the difference. However I think the real issue might be that it's not working. You have to use Nvidia Inspector to put in the antialiasing fix code. I can let you know more if you're not sure how. Unless you have a fairly beefy PC, you should see a noticable difference in performance between the two.

The high setting is the best in theory because of an extra part you forgot to mention: 4xSGSS (Sparse Grid Super Sampling). That provides the strongest Anti-Aliasing available, but is equally the most taxing on your GPU. It really smooths out any jagged edges to the point where some might think it's blurry (I personally love it). The better setting would actually be the "High" setting (4xMS + 4xSGSS) and not the "High+" setting you described (8xQ + 4xSGSS), because it's usually better to have the same multipler (4x, 8x, etc) when mixing AA methods.

Using Nvidia Inspector you can get custom settings not available in the AMS config menu...I don't have screenshots of the exact AA settings you listed but this should give a clear example of the difference between SGSS off and on. There should be a "softer" appearance to everything on the 2nd image (make sure you click on the image to see it at full size).

8xQ (no SGSS)
View attachment 323588

4xMS + 4xSGSS:
View attachment 323589

I concur that the High setting can look better in terms of the slight blurry look versus stepped notches, especially if you have a lower res (1080 or less) monitor. However, High+ is better for eliminating the "crawling" textures issue, which is definitely worse on High. Using the new Snetterton as an example, the pit wall railing right across from the car as it points out of the garage and the distant trees are two examples of the "digital noise" that exists very plainly in High, but is lessened or eliminated with High+.

Could you comment on what mipmap settings (in .PLR file) we should use to get the best results with each of High and High+ (or maybe it is the same for both)?

Thanks in advance!

It's not possible for the game to set exclusive fullscreen NVIDIA antialising setting as it requires setting AA compat flags to 0x40 in "NVIDIA Profile inspector" for AMS.exe and this cannot be done by code.
Why can't it be done by the config utility? It already creates a brand new nVidia profile for AMS when you select the enhanced AA options, why couldn't that profile include this one setting in particular?

Thanks REIZA for the last two new tracks. A great era of AMS1 is ending now.
I will also miss the nice mods which were available for AMS1 and unfortunately won't be for AMS2, which is not moddable. That keeps me back from buying the new version.

Me personally, If the driving experience in AMS2 can match or better AMS1 and there's a big online presence (which I suspect their will be, as modern graphics and VR support were the only two things holding AMS1 back), I won't miss the mods that much.

Don't get me wrong, I love having all the amazing modded tracks in AMS1 (I'd nominate @Patrick Giranthon for the modder of the year if there is such a thing! :thumbsup:), but I love the mix of official cars and tracks found in AMS that no other sim provides, and 9 times out of 10 I'm driving a Reiza car, not a modded one. IMO if you're a fan of single seater cars, I'd argue that AMS1 is unrivaled in this regard (only hybrid systems are missing for the modern ones).

Autorotation not working issues are being investigated.

Those with G27 having this issue: do you have any other device, like pedals, button boxes or else connected? Or is it the G27 only?

i am also having issue with g25. previous auto rotation always worked. now it seems i need to alt-tab after getting into the car, then rotation is properly set. the get into the car alt-tab is required for me if i use auto rotation, or turn auto rotation off and set a value, that value is only applied after the alt-tab.

also, it seems using the "reset force feedback" button while driving resets the wheel to 900 when auto-rotation is on, and 270 when off and force to a value.

league race today, this will be interesting

Why can't it be done by the config utility? It already creates a brand new nVidia profile for AMS when you select the enhanced AA options, why couldn't that profile include this one setting in particular?

Because unlike other NVIDIA AA settings that can be set in the config utility to alter the profile, there is no API (eg programmatic way) to alter the AA compat flags: it can only be changed manually by the user.

Also, i post it here:
My G27 Auto-Steering-Rotation isn't working anymore now. :(

And another user has severe issues with his graphics card drivers (AMD), and tripple screen usage, also i've got stutters, have somewhat fixed them, by using a new profile and config.ini and after that, merging the old ones back into the documents folder... (I'm Nvidia User)

EDIT: Even with Auto-Steering-Rotation off, my G27 is stuck with 180° in every situation. Is there something going on with the G920 thingy? I once had this issue with the previous update, where a wrong build was deployed for a short time... (When i change to the G29 build in the Beta option in steam, also nothing changes, no downloads or smth. else ,rollback to 1.5.16 works fine, but then the new tracks aren't available)

I can't get an account verification e-mail for the Reiza-forum, so i have to post it here, sry. @Renato Simioni
EDIT2: My account verification now worked, after a few months, being registered ^^' Report + Trace File posted there.^^
And G27 LEDS don´t work..

Last edited:
Autorotation not working issues are being investigated.

Those with G27 having this issue: do you have any other device, like pedals, button boxes or else connected? Or is it the G27 only?
In my case I only use the original g27 without any other accessories, since the last update what was great is bad, the FFB and auto rotation look weird and the LED lights don't work!

Because unlike other NVIDIA AA settings that can be set in the config utility to alter the profile, there is no API (eg programmatic way) to alter the AA compat flags: it can only be changed manually by the user.
nVidia Inspector can change these settings, so they're obviously third-party accessible.

Tracks are awesome, another great job by Reiza - thank you, guys!

You know, it's incredibly humbling sometimes. If you take Forza and GT out of the picture, the number of people out there with an appetite to play racing games that depict real life physics is razor thin. Yet, here I sit with 5 different (actively supported) sims on my hard drive, each good enough to make a claim as being my favorite.

Without the passion of these devs, we are nowhere! Reiza and AMS are the embodiment of that.

I'm also in a Logitech G27 and now my game is ruined.
FFB doesn't work at all like it used to be, extremely heavy and no track ffb response, it's impossible to do a corner like this. LEDs also doesn't working.

I had league race today but couldn't do it, tried a lot of things even erasing my userdata folder and placing an old one but nothing works, FFB is now ruined.

In fact it's always the same with Reiza updates since GSC, the always add something and destroys something in the process.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 218 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 159 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 276 13.4%