AMS: Final Update Deployed - Donington and Snetterton Available Now

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Donington Park b.jpg

The final update for Automobilista is now live - includes two iconic British racing venues.

It's been a long time in the making, but we can now finally say that development for the exceptional Automobilista Racing Simulator (AMS) has reached its final conclusion - with Reiza Studios having just deployed what they consider to be the very last update for the still outstanding racing simulation - including the addition of two bonus British racing tracks in the form of (my personal favourite track) Donington Park, and the recently revamped Snetterton circuit.

Reiza AMS V1.5.24 Update Notes:

While a hotfix for eventual minor glitches from this release is possible, v1.5.24 is the last major update and marks the conclusion for Automobilista development. To celebrate the occasion we have launched the Automobilista Ultimate Edition, which bundles the base game with the Automobilista Season Pass, granting you all that AMS has to offer in a single purchase, 50% off the full price!

Below is the changelog for v1.5.16 -> v1.5.24:
  • Added Donington Park DLC (GP and National layouts)
  • Added Snetterton DLC (300 and 200 layouts)
  • Updated to latest Fanatec SDK, adding: support for Podium DD; rumble support on wheels and pedals; configurable flag LEDs (when applicable); improved 3-digit display and shift LEDs turned off if ignition is off, blinking if pit limiter is on; LED brightness configurable (when applicable) - all configurable from in game menu. Wheel rotation on game exit is now reset to maximum of wheelbase (can be configured to different value from controller.ini).
  • Updated to latest Logitech SDK - no more need for separate branch for Logitech G29 / G920 on Steam; Logitech G29 / G920 now resets to 900° on game exit (can be configured to different value from controller.ini)
  • Fixed a bug with Thrustmaster rotation detection, now game won´t change Profiler rotation from what it was before launching game
  • AMS Config now defaults to Windowed mode on Windows 10 systems due to Antialiasing failing to apply on NVIDIA cards in full screen mode (in case of problems run AMS Config and disable)
  • AMS Config app no longer crashes on exit
  • Multiplayer: Halved empty autochat message send time (to 15s) to keep connection alive and increased message priority to aid inactivity disconnects
  • Fixed occasional audio artifacts
  • Drift mode CTD possibly fixed
  • Slightly reduced default steering ratio for all vehicles
  • Several skin updates for various series
GENERAL NOTES:

This release includes several controller support updates for all 3 major manufacturers so please check the changelog for expected changes.

One such change means Logitech G29 / G920 users no longer have to use separate branches from main release for automatically configuring rotation lock per vehicle.

If you experience any issues running the game following the update, it´s worth running a Steam Integrity Check to make sure all files have been added / updated correctly.

The previous v1.5.16 release remains available as a Beta branch in case you experience any issues with this new build or have an upcoming league race with the old version. Further instructions as to how to switch to a beta branch here.

AMS Donington Park a.jpg
AMS Snetterton a.jpg
AMS Snetterton b.jpg

Automobilista is available exclusively on PC.

Don't forget to check out the Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep abreast of the latest news and discussions with regards to the simulation. We have a massive mod database where you can check out and download a selection of cars, tracks, skins, apps and other such third party content, plus of course we host some incredible club racing events on a regular weekly basis. If you want to become involved in the action yourself, check out the Automobilista Racing Clubs and Leagues sub forum and sign yourself up to a race today!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Thanks for the update.
Slightly reduced default steering ratio for all vehicles
- I don't seem to be experiencing any change in steering ratio. For eg. the F3's default steering ratio is still 18/360 like it was before the update.

- the default steering ratios for identical cars are different wether I set auto-steering rotation on or off. If I set auto-rotation to off, the F3s are set to 14/360 but if auto-rotation is on then they're set to 18/360. I checked two other cars and they also curiously had exactly 14 degrees for the steering angle when I had auto-steering rotation set to off.

- on a side-note, 18/360 means a steering ratio of 10:1. From all the research I've done, that seems too quick & unrealistic as F3s tend to have steering ratios in the 11:1 - 12.5:1 range. I personally feel (but I could be wrong) that there is a general trend across all or most cars in AMS having unrealistically fast default steering ratios. Unless faster steering ratios are being used to make up for something (maybe in aiding to correct/control slides which should be perfectly doable with slower, more realistic steering ratios), there shouldn't be any need for "boosted" default steering ratios as even the majority of common, inexpensive wheels nowadays have 900 degrees of rotation.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update.
- I don't seem to be experiencing any change in steering ratio. For eg. the F3's default steering ratio is still 18/360 like it was before the update.

- the default steering ratios for identical cars are different wether I set auto-steering rotation on or off. If I set auto-rotation to off, the F3s are set to 14/360 but if auto-rotation is on then they're set to 18/360. I checked two other cars and they also curiously had exactly 14 degrees for the steering angle when I had auto-steering rotation set to off.

- on a side-note, 18/360 means a steering ratio of 10:1. From all the research I've done, that seems too quick & unrealistic as F3s tend to have steering ratios in the 11:1 - 12.5:1 range. I personally feel (but I could be wrong) that there is a general trend across all or most cars in AMS having unrealistically fast default steering ratios. Unless faster steering ratios are being used to make up for something (maybe in aiding to correct/control slides which should be perfectly doable with slower, more realistic steering ratios), there shouldn't be any need for "boosted" default steering ratios as even the majority of common, inexpensive wheels nowadays have 900 degrees of rotation.
I absolutely agree with your last point. The default steering ratios seem way too twitchy. I always put my open wheel cars at 17/400 or 19/450. That feels way more natural and realistic.

Fixed a bug with Thrustmaster rotation detection, now game won´t change Profiler rotation from what it was before launching game

Yes!

AMS Config now defaults to Windowed mode on Windows 10 systems due to Antialiasing failing to apply on NVIDIA cards in full screen mode (in case of problems run AMS Config and disable)

Well, anyone running Win10 should just be aware of the fact windowed mode often results in increased input lag (the new nVidia ultra-low latency mode seems to help a bit here) and/or microstutter (due to how windowed mode works).
I would've thought a better solution would be to simply set the appropriate nVidia antialiasing compatibility setting that fixes the fullscreen antialiasing issue, but I guess they thought using windowed mode as default is better...

Well, anyone running Win10 should just be aware of the fact windowed mode often results in increased input lag (the new nVidia ultra-low latency mode seems to help a bit here) and/or microstutter (due to how windowed mode works).
I would've thought a better solution would be to simply set the appropriate nVidia antialiasing compatibility setting that fixes the fullscreen antialiasing issue, but I guess they thought using windowed mode as default is better...
They shoud have left it as it was.First time i started the sim ,i was not able to click on any icon,even "quit Game" - no respons,game hung up.I had it running in DSR 4k with the "old" settings.This does not work for me now.Had to go back to 1080p.In windowed mode-no V-sync.No profile for the TS-PC-Racer wheel ..and i had hope...never say never again.
We need an update for the"last" (ha,ha) update...
DC

Also, i post it here:
My G27 Auto-Steering-Rotation isn't working anymore now. :(

And another user has severe issues with his graphics card drivers (AMD), and tripple screen usage, also i've got stutters, have somewhat fixed them, by using a new profile and config.ini and after that, merging the old ones back into the documents folder... (I'm Nvidia User)

EDIT: Even with Auto-Steering-Rotation off, my G27 is stuck with 180° in every situation. Is there something going on with the G920 thingy? I once had this issue with the previous update, where a wrong build was deployed for a short time... (When i change to the G29 build in the Beta option in steam, also nothing changes, no downloads or smth. else ,rollback to 1.5.16 works fine, but then the new tracks aren't available)

I can't get an account verification e-mail for the Reiza-forum, so i have to post it here, sry. @Renato Simioni
EDIT2: My account verification now worked, after a few months, being registered ^^' Report + Trace File posted there.^^

Last edited:
What a fantastic game. For offline racing it is my #1 sim, I really enjoy the experience and feel of the cars. Revisited Imola with the formula classic cars earlier, it's hard to believe the bravery of the guys who raced those cars wheel to wheel.

Before buying I thought AMS was just basically a glorified collection of rfactor mods. But what Reiza achieved with the game and its content is amazing.

Thanks for this amazing racing game over the years and to the Modders that supported us with many additions to the game. I have had allot of fun with AMS1. Things come to the end and now onto AMS2. Looking forward to what the new AMS2 has to bring even though we wont have all the tracks and cars that AMS1 provides us now.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 156 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 299 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 425 39.6%