AMS: Final Update Deployed - Donington and Snetterton Available Now

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Donington Park b.jpg

The final update for Automobilista is now live - includes two iconic British racing venues.

It's been a long time in the making, but we can now finally say that development for the exceptional Automobilista Racing Simulator (AMS) has reached its final conclusion - with Reiza Studios having just deployed what they consider to be the very last update for the still outstanding racing simulation - including the addition of two bonus British racing tracks in the form of (my personal favourite track) Donington Park, and the recently revamped Snetterton circuit.

Reiza AMS V1.5.24 Update Notes:

While a hotfix for eventual minor glitches from this release is possible, v1.5.24 is the last major update and marks the conclusion for Automobilista development. To celebrate the occasion we have launched the Automobilista Ultimate Edition, which bundles the base game with the Automobilista Season Pass, granting you all that AMS has to offer in a single purchase, 50% off the full price!

Below is the changelog for v1.5.16 -> v1.5.24:
  • Added Donington Park DLC (GP and National layouts)
  • Added Snetterton DLC (300 and 200 layouts)
  • Updated to latest Fanatec SDK, adding: support for Podium DD; rumble support on wheels and pedals; configurable flag LEDs (when applicable); improved 3-digit display and shift LEDs turned off if ignition is off, blinking if pit limiter is on; LED brightness configurable (when applicable) - all configurable from in game menu. Wheel rotation on game exit is now reset to maximum of wheelbase (can be configured to different value from controller.ini).
  • Updated to latest Logitech SDK - no more need for separate branch for Logitech G29 / G920 on Steam; Logitech G29 / G920 now resets to 900° on game exit (can be configured to different value from controller.ini)
  • Fixed a bug with Thrustmaster rotation detection, now game won´t change Profiler rotation from what it was before launching game
  • AMS Config now defaults to Windowed mode on Windows 10 systems due to Antialiasing failing to apply on NVIDIA cards in full screen mode (in case of problems run AMS Config and disable)
  • AMS Config app no longer crashes on exit
  • Multiplayer: Halved empty autochat message send time (to 15s) to keep connection alive and increased message priority to aid inactivity disconnects
  • Fixed occasional audio artifacts
  • Drift mode CTD possibly fixed
  • Slightly reduced default steering ratio for all vehicles
  • Several skin updates for various series
GENERAL NOTES:

This release includes several controller support updates for all 3 major manufacturers so please check the changelog for expected changes.

One such change means Logitech G29 / G920 users no longer have to use separate branches from main release for automatically configuring rotation lock per vehicle.

If you experience any issues running the game following the update, it´s worth running a Steam Integrity Check to make sure all files have been added / updated correctly.

The previous v1.5.16 release remains available as a Beta branch in case you experience any issues with this new build or have an upcoming league race with the old version. Further instructions as to how to switch to a beta branch here.

AMS Donington Park a.jpg
AMS Snetterton a.jpg
AMS Snetterton b.jpg

Automobilista is available exclusively on PC.

Don't forget to check out the Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep abreast of the latest news and discussions with regards to the simulation. We have a massive mod database where you can check out and download a selection of cars, tracks, skins, apps and other such third party content, plus of course we host some incredible club racing events on a regular weekly basis. If you want to become involved in the action yourself, check out the Automobilista Racing Clubs and Leagues sub forum and sign yourself up to a race today!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

A similar problem after the update I have on Driving force GT. Tried to roll back to the last version, problems disappeared. Switched to the new version and again everything repeated.
The Driving Force also uses the 5.10.127 LGS, as far as i know, so it is probably an issue with the communication between the older profiler software of Logitech and AMS...maybe Logitech is indeed delivering weird data with their SDK, support or whatsoever is working in the game...

Did you ever test AMS by yourself? Why should i discuss about something, you seem to not even know by yourself and additionally to this, spicing your commentary about this with polemic.

But some picks for you, if you're really interested: "real" turbo model without writing odd engine curves, to fake it like rF, advanced controller support since the update (things you would get just with fanaleds for example), limited amounts of tyres (saving your wear on different sets), tyre model and physics, written mostly on scratch by reiza....and so on. If you are thinking, AMS looks like rF1, you should definetly try rF1 again :roflmao:

I just don't want to waste too much time with pointless discussions. With your argumentation, iRacing is just a NR2003 Season Paymod and GTR2 just a GTR1 Paymod.

Gotta go, busy playing some rFactor 2 and maybe some more rF1 paymod ;)

Yeah man I bought it in 2015 and played it for 5 hours in 2017. I asked my friend to buy it so we could race together and he said no VR no buy. I didn't care because I sold my Vive. So I played some more, tried to gift it to him only to find it had been taken down from Steam due to alleged issues with skins - as you know there's heaps of non-licensed very similar to IRL series IP content in the game. Then I played some more again found it got old really quickly and I realised it was because I had played rfactor 1 for thousands of hours back in the day and the feel and experience of AMS was so similar it didn't offer anything new for me.

Can't speak for NR2003 vs iRacing as I haven't tried NR2003, but in the case of GTR1 & 2 it would be more correct to say it was also an rfactor pay mod. However, it came out in 2006 back when the tech was current, AMS did not.

Can't speak for NR2003 vs iRacing as I haven't tried NR2003, but in the case of GTR1 & 2 it would be more correct to say it was also an rfactor pay mod. However, it came out in 2006 back when the tech was current, AMS did not.
NR2003 came out 2003 and iRacing still uses the same foundation, so the tech is even more outdated, including your argumentation.

GTR2 a rF1 Paymod...okay...so Kartkraft or ACC is an Unreal paymod? And rFactor 1 is a F1 (Challenge 99-02) Paymod then? :rolleyes:

What do you want to point out? That AMS isn't worth it or you want do shine some miscredit on it? Okay...i guess, move along....

This leads to absolutely nothing, conversation over :roflmao:

Last edited:
NR2003 came out 2003 and iRacing still uses the same foundation, so the tech is even more outdated, including your argumentation.

GTR2 a rF1 Paymod...okay...so Kartkraft or ACC is an Unreal paymod? And rFactor 1 is an F1 Challenge 99-02 Paymod then? :rolleyes:

What do you want to point out? That AMS isn't worth it or you want do shine some miscredit on it? Okay...i guess, move along....

This leads to absolutely nothing, conversation over :roflmao:

I know, right?! Just how modern day cars are a blatant rip off of what Fred Flintstone used millions of years ago - ironically around the same period the rfactor 1 engine was first in use.

@CrimsonEminence Sorry to hear that. I think you will have to wait for a hotfix. Reiza is working on one.
Yeah, i know! Patience is not the problem. ;) I can at least drive perfectly with 1.5.16, unfortunately without the new tracks.

But even with the fact, that many other users have the Auto Rotation issue, i begin to ask myself, what is different to a small group of people with LGS 5.10.127, that haven't got the problem. The problem sometimes sits in front of the monitor, but i can absolutely not sort out any factors, that are leading to this issue, i tried some Mindhunter Criminal Investigation Sh*t, a whole night, to see, if something works, to get a workaround or at least a "fake solution" until the hotfix gets online, but no success...inspector gadget has failed :D:poop:

Yes, it's baffling. Reiza has even gone so far as to make a separate beta branch for the G29, so it's certainly been a problem. My DFGT driver is old - I think I may have reverted to it because a newer driver wouldn't work properly - so perhaps that is why my wheel works with AMS 1.5.24r.

Last edited:
Also affected by the G27 bug. Interestingly, I did not have it during the beta test of what ended up to be 1.5.24...

Code was not changed between the beta and release, so some other mysterious bug has crept in. Logitech's software and drivers have been so infuriatingly bad over the years that as @Stephen O'Sullivan points out above, a separate install track was needed just to get them to work. (See all the other games that also have various issues with Logi wheels.) Reiza was hoping to combine all into one release that everyone could use, but maybe that will not be possible?

There were some bizarre timing issues with older Fanatec wheels that arose when the new Fanatec functionality was added to AMS this time around. Of course all the new stuff worked properly. Luckily that bug resolved itself during other updates because we never actually figured-out what was causing it. The Logi mix of multiple driver/game software versions, none of which work like every other wheel's software, makes this a nightmare to resolve. If the Logi hardware wasn't so popular, I am sure the towel would get thrown in on the endless software tweaking required to get the basic functionality to work in a stable manner.

[From the Reiza forum:]

For those with Logitech issues, who is running both Logitech Gaming Software Profiler (5.10.127 is the latest working for G27) and Logitech Gaming Software (9.02 is latest)? Seems like this is causing a conflict (get rid of the latter as a test).

Also:

For AMS to apply the proper wheel rotation, Logitech Profiler must absolutely be running and setup in a way where AMS is allowed to adjust settings. This can be enabled globally in Options > Global Device Settings > Allow game to adjust settings, or (if disabled here) enabled in a custom profile for AMS.exe

Moreover, in Option > Global Profiler Settings, there is "Start Profiler at system startup" but when enabled it does not do what it says and the Profiler is not started on Windows startup, and must either started manually. Not sure when this stopped working but it definitely does not on Windows 10 1903.

That would explain why the G27 worked for some people, that likely had Logitech Profiler running with AMS allowed to "adjust settings".

For testing, it is easy to check in AMS apply proper wheel rotation, in Settings > Control, turning the wheel and looking at visual indicator: if the wheel rotates 90 degrees each side, it is applied. If it rotates a tad more than that, it is not applied.

For those with Logitech issues, who is running both Logitech Gaming Software Profiler (5.10.127 is the latest working for G27) and Logitech Gaming Software (9.02 is latest)? Seems like this is causing a conflict (get rid of the latter as a test).
Now this is pretty damn helpful! IT WORKS! (!!) :D
@Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Deactivating the newer Profiler and just using 5.10.127 make the wheel going into the desired rotation, as soon you enter a session on track!^^

My G610 Keyboard will now have this disturbing wave light effect, but at least the game runs with auto steering rotation. :roflmao:

Also: [...]
This is pretty basic and should be done for almost every newer sim, yes!

In my case the problems continue because I have only Logitech Profiler 5.10.127 and no other version (I have only G27).
AMS detects and uses the rotation set in Profiler, so if I'm driving a formula car, I set it in profiler 360º and Ok. I can live with manual tuning up to a hotfix to fix auto-rotation, but worse than that, it's that the FFB feeling is definitely not the same.

Last edited:
In my case the problems continue because I have only Logitech Profiler 5.10.127 and no other version (I have only G27).
AMS detects and uses the rotation set in Profiler, so if I'm driving a formula car, I set it in profiler 360º and Ok. I can live with manual tuning up to a hotfix to fix auto-rotation, but worse than that, it's that the FFB feeling is definitely not the same.

Also here, some solutions, for several users with LGS 5.10.127 only:

It could be possible, your LGS is running on Admin mode for some reason, this messes things up.

DEACTIVATE Administrator mode from the LGS if switched on, quit the LGS from the tray and restart it without Admin mode. Auto Startup on Win Start also off for one restart, and then back on...but make sure, you are not running LGS in Admin mode, exactly this gave me 900° only.

Also make sure, your profiler has a global (maybe also dedicated AMS) profile wich allows games, to make changes.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 308 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.6%