AMS: Final Update Deployed - Donington and Snetterton Available Now

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Donington Park b.jpg

The final update for Automobilista is now live - includes two iconic British racing venues.

It's been a long time in the making, but we can now finally say that development for the exceptional Automobilista Racing Simulator (AMS) has reached its final conclusion - with Reiza Studios having just deployed what they consider to be the very last update for the still outstanding racing simulation - including the addition of two bonus British racing tracks in the form of (my personal favourite track) Donington Park, and the recently revamped Snetterton circuit.

Reiza AMS V1.5.24 Update Notes:

While a hotfix for eventual minor glitches from this release is possible, v1.5.24 is the last major update and marks the conclusion for Automobilista development. To celebrate the occasion we have launched the Automobilista Ultimate Edition, which bundles the base game with the Automobilista Season Pass, granting you all that AMS has to offer in a single purchase, 50% off the full price!

Below is the changelog for v1.5.16 -> v1.5.24:
  • Added Donington Park DLC (GP and National layouts)
  • Added Snetterton DLC (300 and 200 layouts)
  • Updated to latest Fanatec SDK, adding: support for Podium DD; rumble support on wheels and pedals; configurable flag LEDs (when applicable); improved 3-digit display and shift LEDs turned off if ignition is off, blinking if pit limiter is on; LED brightness configurable (when applicable) - all configurable from in game menu. Wheel rotation on game exit is now reset to maximum of wheelbase (can be configured to different value from controller.ini).
  • Updated to latest Logitech SDK - no more need for separate branch for Logitech G29 / G920 on Steam; Logitech G29 / G920 now resets to 900° on game exit (can be configured to different value from controller.ini)
  • Fixed a bug with Thrustmaster rotation detection, now game won´t change Profiler rotation from what it was before launching game
  • AMS Config now defaults to Windowed mode on Windows 10 systems due to Antialiasing failing to apply on NVIDIA cards in full screen mode (in case of problems run AMS Config and disable)
  • AMS Config app no longer crashes on exit
  • Multiplayer: Halved empty autochat message send time (to 15s) to keep connection alive and increased message priority to aid inactivity disconnects
  • Fixed occasional audio artifacts
  • Drift mode CTD possibly fixed
  • Slightly reduced default steering ratio for all vehicles
  • Several skin updates for various series
GENERAL NOTES:

This release includes several controller support updates for all 3 major manufacturers so please check the changelog for expected changes.

One such change means Logitech G29 / G920 users no longer have to use separate branches from main release for automatically configuring rotation lock per vehicle.

If you experience any issues running the game following the update, it´s worth running a Steam Integrity Check to make sure all files have been added / updated correctly.

The previous v1.5.16 release remains available as a Beta branch in case you experience any issues with this new build or have an upcoming league race with the old version. Further instructions as to how to switch to a beta branch here.

AMS Donington Park a.jpg
AMS Snetterton a.jpg
AMS Snetterton b.jpg

Automobilista is available exclusively on PC.

Don't forget to check out the Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep abreast of the latest news and discussions with regards to the simulation. We have a massive mod database where you can check out and download a selection of cars, tracks, skins, apps and other such third party content, plus of course we host some incredible club racing events on a regular weekly basis. If you want to become involved in the action yourself, check out the Automobilista Racing Clubs and Leagues sub forum and sign yourself up to a race today!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

I'm also in a Logitech G27 and now my game is ruined.
FFB doesn't work at all like it used to be, extremely heavy and no track ffb response, it's impossible to do a corner like this. LEDs also doesn't working.

I had league race today but couldn't do it, tried a lot of things even erasing my userdata folder and placing an old one but nothing works, FFB is now ruined.

In fact it's always the same with Reiza updates since GSC, the always add something and destroys something in the process.
The G27 problem is known and some logs are avaiable from users in the official Reiza forums. It is Sunday in Brasilia, so let's be patient. I also missed a race and murphys law kicked in, but there is nothing, we can do right now, except for reporting it and running AMS with -trace=2 command and posting the trace file in the forum with a bug report.^^ (And of course a temporal rollback to 1.5.16)

I asked that question because I have a G27 (only) and autorotation is working as always. FFB as well. So I was trying to find a pattern. For now we don't have a ready solution, but you can roll back to the previous AMS version (as Crimson said) and race it without those issues.

The culprit for the LEDs issue is already found. A hotfix should come soon.

The issue is Logitech and their G29/920 sdk, since those wheels are a refreshed version of G27...
I can confirm the G27 bug too, deffo something odd is happening, I am checking if it something related to Logitech profiles but I don't have many hopes...

I asked that question because I have a G27 (only) and autorotation is working as always. FFB as well. So I was trying to find a pattern. For now we don't have a ready solution, but you can roll back to the previous AMS version (as Crimson said) and race it without those issues.
Is autorotation working in all cars properly at your setup? I have tested it with G27 only, right now in the Boxer Cup and the problem remains. Nothing changed. 180° Rotation at the wheel, while ingame is at 540.

EDIT:
Also no change with fiddling with profiler settings, profiles, profiler off, starting the game over the profiler (uses different ingame player profile in the game folder).
Otherwise, in my eyes it would be not that bad, to use a specific build for the wheel, or going back to the G29/normal build routine, even if it sucks.^^ Never change a running system :rolleyes::D

EDIT2: OR maybe you have a different build (please not again :roflmao:) or a different LGS for some reason :ninja: (I'm using LGS 5.10.127)

Last edited:
I only wish my DSD pedals would work with AMS. Somehow they stopped working this past year. All other games work fine, they just don't seem to register with AMS at all. Also using AF wheel and Thrustmaster shifter. All components show up in the menu. Weird.

Backed both AMS and AMS2, very much a deserving company that is pretty reasonable with their pricing, certainly compared to the competition.

Ever since getting Game Stockcar 2012 I have been impressed.
Formula Truck and Copa Petrobras only increased that respect - the latter was a free, but great touring car racer - FWD only. Game Stockcar Extreme brought all series under one title and eventually Automobilista refined and added even more series.

Reiza kept their original promises and more.

AMS2 will add VR on a known platform - PCARS 2 is known for its great VR - what is not to like?

The king is dead, long live the new king!

You're not offering any information to the contrary. Should I assume you can't?
Did you ever test AMS by yourself? Why should i discuss about something, you seem to not even know by yourself and additionally to this, spicing your commentary about this with polemic.

But some picks for you, if you're really interested: "real" turbo model without writing odd engine curves, to fake it like rF, advanced controller support since the update (things you would get just with fanaleds for example), limited amounts of tyres (saving your wear on different sets), tyre model and physics, written mostly on scratch by reiza....and so on. If you are thinking, AMS looks like rF1, you should definetly try rF1 again :roflmao:

I just don't want to waste too much time with pointless discussions. With your argumentation, iRacing is just a NR2003 Season Paymod and GTR2 just a GTR1 Paymod.

Gotta go, busy playing some rFactor 2 and maybe some more rF1 paymod ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back