AMS DLC Speculation Thread!

Okay, so Reiza released their September dev update and laid out some hints about upcoming content, so let's all chime in with what we think it might be! I'm not part of the backer program, so if you guys all know already, let us know if you're allowed, or at least let us have our fun! I've not kept up with all the development news, so if I missed something, let me know.

Here's what Reiza said:
October
Brit Pack

November:
Legendary Tracks Part 1: Imola (1972, 1988, 2001, 2016 versions)
New Series – TBA (hint: big and heavy)

December:

New series – TBA (hint: Classic content)

January 2017:
Legendary Tracks Part 2 – TBA (hint: it´s got a long historical variant)

February 2017:

Car pack from a major manufacturer – TBA (hint: it´s awesome)

March 2017:
Legendary Tracks Part 3 – TBA (hint: not a permanent road course)
Aussie Racing Car

--

So, what do you think we're getting? My guesses, based on snippets I've read here and there over the months are:

November could be the Formula Trucks making their way into the game
December could be Divisao 3
January: I've heard Hockenheim is coming along, so I guess this is it.
March: Not a permanent road course... Le Mans? Monaco?

I've also seen elsewhere mention that we might be getting a Group B Rally Car, a Pike's Peak type hillclimb, Autodromo Internacional de Yahuarcocha from Ibarra Ecuador.

So, let the speculation begin...

Not sure about Hockenheim, but i guess, that's what it is, since it's what was announced.
Hockenheim with its 6.8km pre 2001 circuit is not really a ''long historical variant'', though.
It's only 2km longer than the current circuit. I don't know, maybe that's considered long.
Would expect something longer (10km+) personally.

The 1st variant Hockenheim (32-37) is 10km+, but that wouldn't make sense, i guess.
It also doesn't look like something worthy recreating or being fun to race.

Wonder where the group B falls in. Maybe as a part of ''new manufacturer pack''.
Also unsure about Yahuarcocha, maybe it was scrapped.
The rest about aligns with what was announced before.

Whatever the case, plenty of super content to look forward. :D

My guesses so they're all probably wrong :)

New Series – TBA (hint: big and heavy) - Formula Trucks
New series – TBA (hint: Classic content) - NFI. This could be anything
Legendary Tracks Part 2 – TBA (hint: it´s got a long historical variant) - Spa but Hockenheim does seem right
Car pack from a major manufacturer – TBA (hint: it´s awesome) - Was thinking Porsche but that does seem out of Reiza's price range.
Legendary Tracks Part 3 – TBA (hint: not a permanent road course) - Bathurst
Aussie Racing Car - There was a reference to an aussie car series a few months ago. Forgot what its called. Guess it would be that one.

My guesses so they're all probably wrong :)

New series – TBA (hint: Classic content) - NFI. This could be anything
Legendary Tracks Part 2 – TBA (hint: it´s got a long historical variant) - Spa but Hockenheim does seem right
Car pack from a major manufacturer – TBA (hint: it´s awesome) - Was thinking Porsche but that does seem out of Reiza's price range.
Legendary Tracks Part 3 – TBA (hint: not a permanent road course) - Bathurst
Aussie Racing Car - There was a reference to an aussie car series a few months ago. Forgot what its called. Guess it would be that one.
Aussie Racing Cars is the name of an actual series;
Corporate_Track_Day.jpg

The thing with the "legendary" tracks is I would expect more than one layout? Bathurst only has one, right? Le Mans, for example, could have historic versions too as it has changed bit by bit over the years. It could be one layout, sure, but that would be a little disappointing for a track with a "legendary" moniker

We need to track back a few months to the original Area51 forum at RD, were the voting was done which picked the Boxer an VIR. There were so many suggestions on the table, Rezia said they would only pick one car one track at the time. But Reiza said they were blown away by the vast range of content the community wanted, hence the DLC packs coming down the line.

Cars or shall we say trucks look like they are getting a refresh, DLC for sure.
Back to the cars I'm sure Renato mentioned classic GT's and Rally. As for the manufacture, I can't see it being one of the major global brands but a small niche outfit like the Caterhams which they licensed.
Our South American friends wanted another local series, The current Stock Car licence seems to have expired.

@Nox I'm a backer if anything leaked an can be shared i will drop it in here :)

Reactions: Nox
New series – TBA (hint: Classic content) - Divisao 3
Legendary Tracks Part 2 – TBA (hint: it´s got a long historical variant) - Hockenheim
Car pack from a major manufacturer – TBA (hint: it´s awesome) - probably groupB, so i'll project this into my wetest dream and say AUDI
Legendary Tracks Part 3 – TBA (hint: not a permanent road course) - Pikes Peak
Aussie Racing Car

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back