AMS beginner

Hi everyone!

So after reading all the positive feedback on the "rate the sims" thread, I picked up AMS this weekend. What are the must have MODs for the game? I did some googling but didn't find much information apart from all the 911 recommendations.

Also, any other tips and tricks regarding the game setting?

Many of the tracks in that pack have since been updated. So download the pack and then look for the same individual tracks at RD to see if you have the latest versions.

As for cars, the two to try before anything else are Cart Extreme (as mentioned by @Jamie) and the Porsche 911 RSR 1974.

Many of the tracks in that pack have since been updated. So download the pack and then look for the same individual tracks at RD to see if you have the latest versions.

As for cars, the two to try before anything else are Cart Extreme (as mentioned by @Jamie) and the Porsche 911 RSR 1974.

Or, just get the latest individual versions first! ;)

Both tracks and cars usually drop-in to their respective folders (Vehicles; Locations) under the higher GameData folder.

Patrick’s 911 RSR 1974 really is an outstanding mod and a must have for AMS - and the vanilla content can go from good to great too, with a little help.

I suggest the Boxer Cup skinpacks by @speedracer1893 and more recently the updated Marcas skinpack by @Esco GT-R. Both are top quality work. I also like the AMS Real Crowds mod by @ShredatorFIN.

I think @General_Failure is coming up with the best new stuff at the moment.

So, now that I got the sim racing bug back, and more importantly a few more opportunities to indulge after a long sabbatical thanks to work/family commitments receding a little (for those who don't know or care, I was staff here for a long while a few years ago), after over a month of properly giving Automobilista a chance, dipping my toes in the various content (for some of which I have to thank Mr @Stephen O'Sullivan 's YouTubes), and even giving Assetto Corsa a crack at the title (uninstalled and refunded in under 2 hours, since you asked), I'm all-in on Automobilista for the foreseeable.

The breadth of content, the novelty of a lot of the locations, the eminently dial-innable AI, and the driving feel/dynamics etc mean I'm happy to work through the content, setting up championships etc. to scratch that racing itch. While I'm always a substance > style consumer, this title looks superb, even though it's apparently "dated" according to received opinion.

I've only got two full Mods installed currently - Patrick's 911 RSR (to remind me of my GTL days) and the MX-5 Cup - favouring the "skinpack only" approach to tweak default content. I'm very much a fan of the "slow cars driven fast" style of racing, and so I'm spoilt for choice with the FVees, Fuscas, FTrainers, Pumas (the older one of which really reminds me of GTL's Renault Alpine), Caterham Academys, Minis.

I know I'm late to this particular party, but I'm glad I showed up any way. Definitely worth the price of admission :thumbsup:

It's a shame that Automobilista tends to get overlooked because of its less-than-fashionable graphics. More than a few people who like racing games are missing out on something they would probably enjoy. (Having said that, Assetto Corsa looks gorgeous with the Custom Shader Patch and Sol, and has given me as much fun as Reiza's product.)

@Stuart Thomson It's good to know that my videos didn't put you off Automobilista. You sum up the sim's attractions very well and I like your list of favourite cars. I love how the sim is also a little unhinged and offers SuperKarts (140mph at Spa!), SuperTrucks, ARC Camaros (who doesn't love a motorbike engine dropped into a miniature car?), Formula Truck (with turbo!), and other bonkers vehicles.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 325 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 458 39.2%