AMS after a long Hiatus

Honestly haven't played AMS for a long time. I installed an MX-5 cup mod which has great sounds, but the AI was subpar.

I was cleaning up my downloaded mods folder and saw that I had a BTCC skinpack for AMS, and I am known to love the Copa Marcas cars. So I fired up the sim. Realized I didn't have the BTCC skins installed, but saw I DID have the 1958 F1 mod. I fired that up for a blast around Sebring and holy cow was that a blast.

Literally laughing out loud as drifted that Maserati around any corner I pleased. It felt phenomenal. As good as or better than AMS2 and AC. Didn't look quite the same, but I can look past that. (I still enjoy GTR2 from time to time...)

Give it a spin if you need a change of pace.

I also rediscovered NR2003 last fall and am rocking that as well. Nice dichotomy of NR2003 to AMS2. If I were to be able to install rF1, I'd be in trouble. You'd lose me for a month straight.

Good God!
Like the original poster, I had not launched AMS since installing AMS2 at release.
I recently bought the Moza R9 with the CS wheel rim and decided to revisit all of my STEAM driving titles.
Tonight was AMS' turn.
I cannot describe the absolutely insane control feel.
It is darn amazing with this title....better than anything else to date.
RF2 and AC were great...this title takes it to a whole other level.
If you have this wheel, this title is a must try.

I went back in it yesterday to drive some FWD Brazilian TC cars and left the game impressed again. I thought the visuals really popped too. (Of course, I played PC2 afterwards and THAT looked phenomenal)

I might have to do a Brazilian classics season as I prepare to rent a B-Spec Mini IRL. I've never raced anything with doors and a roof, let alone FWD...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 325 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 458 39.2%