AMS a flop?

Steve Bird

Come On Williams!
Premium
I've just found an interesting article HERE which suggests that AMS has been a flop. I personally think AMS is a marked improvement over GSCE but the author says that Patrick is it's saviour. However, isn't it the modding community that makes titles like this so fantastic due to the breadth of content added by our community?

The guy is amazing. He really is a masterful hack. None better in the sim racing community.

He first poses a totally BS goal for Reiza with AMS then proceeds to knock his strawman down. He includes many fantastically misleading screenshots.

Then he actually suggest Patrick is going to save AMS by releasing tracks that were already available to SCE....

This is pretty much the result of a person with a blog, access to google, and no actual informed reference point. Masterful click bait though. Truly impressive. He might not actually believe this stuff and just do it for the traffic. Newspapers were dong this long before the 20th century.

Wow... and even at the end he defames Reiza by suggesting they're using Patrick as a way to get around licensing loopholes. Eff this guy.

you need to read that web with certain amount of reservations and even humor .. and staying away from nonsense discussions full of spamming tards over there :) ... not saying he is not right sometimes but most of the time facts are used it the way to support his tabloid articles while not really providing usefull informations or giving you all informations to make objective opinion about matter ..

Last edited:
It's nonsense that GT3 and a complete lineup of F1 tracks would bring AMS' playercount to the levels where AC and pCars are.

When you start a racing sim discussion in a general gaming forum you will hear about AC, pCars, Grid and maybe Dirt Rally. rF2, AMS, L4S, RBR.... you will barely see mentioned.

Reason? Graphics and marketing.
I think AMS has already reached a high enough level of graphical fidelity. Just gras and in-car textures need some more love and of course cockpit shadows are urgently required. Adding "cinematic" effects to the cockpit view might be cool for videos but would alienate the simracers who prefer authenticity.

Marketingwise i have seen much better from other games. It's of course a question of money, but in the end if you decide to stick with simracing rather than making a driving game you have to deal with the niche market playerbase.
In the end a big part is on us. Do you suggest AMS to everybody? Do you post about updates/news in your gaming forums/blogs/whatever? Do you upload good looking AMS videos? Do you stream your races? Do you join empty or low populated AMS servers to motivate others to join you and help AMS to grow a healthy MP scene?

We can do lots of marketing for Reiza and AMS.

I think modders (even ones working as hard as Patrick) can only extend the life of an already good sim. If a sim is bad in the first place then no amount of mods will save it.

Reiza have done a great job with AMS but it is still a niche South American title that really only people with good taste like some of us here will appreciate. In my mind AMS is a stepping stone to keep some money coming in for Reiza until their new sim which I hope will have a bit more global appeal.

It's nonsense that GT3 and a complete lineup of F1 tracks would bring AMS' playercount to the levels where AC and pCars are.

When you start a racing sim discussion in a general gaming forum you will hear about AC, pCars, Grid and maybe Dirt Rally. rF2, AMS, L4S, RBR.... you will barely see mentioned.

Reason? Graphics and marketing.
I think AMS has already reached a high enough level of graphical fidelity. Just gras and in-car textures need some more love and of course cockpit shadows are urgently required. Adding "cinematic" effects to the cockpit view might be cool for videos but would alienate the simracers who prefer authenticity.

Marketingwise i have seen much better from other games. It's of course a question of money, but in the end if you decide to stick with simracing rather than making a driving game you have to deal with the niche market playerbase.
In the end a big part is on us. Do you suggest AMS to everybody? Do you post about updates/news in your gaming forums/blogs/whatever? Do you upload good looking AMS videos? Do you stream your races? Do you join empty or low populated AMS servers to motivate others to join you and help AMS to grow a healthy MP scene?

We can do lots of marketing for Reiza and AMS.
Yep. Many sim racers are understimating the power graphics has on people now.
Put the P Cars graphic engine in rF2 and you'll get a ton of people back there and many new users.
Just imagine this pic on that graphic level

Not only that, P Cars on medium settings looks far better than rF2 on full.
I drive rF2 and AMS without caring much about how it looks, but if a photo graphic engine brings more people just go for it. It's good for everyone (especially online racers). I hope Reiza is going for something like UE 4 in their next sim

I tend to avoid clicking on any links associated with PRC, as it usually pegs my rage meter.

I started sim racing with ISI titles, gave up the hobby for a year or so (don't ask :sick:), and came back into it with Assetto Corsa. Graphically, the game is fantastic (still not to the caliber of Gran Turismo/Forza/Project Cars). However, I feel it does not compare to the (old, yet great) ISI engine. The options and degree of realism are what keep me interested.

My two cents...;)

I'm new to automobilista/GSCE and it's definitely the F1 cars that make this title exciting for me. From my point of view, adding some interesting European and American tracks, as well as GT3s, will make it almost untouchable.

It's the sim racing equivalent of the Daily Mail. I admit at checking it out still when i'm bored, mostly for the drama factor :geek:

19-conspiracy-theories-that-turned-out-to-be-true-u1.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 340 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing