AMS 2 Wish List

- A well done dedicated server, please. In Project Cars 2 dedicated server is a pain. You can't change session, nor edit grid, nor set penalties, nor set ballast... And many times half of the grid lose connection with no reason.

- Linux version of dedicated server, a cheaper way to deploy a server in a league.

- Multi qualifying and multi race, with posibility of inverse grid.

- Driver swap for online endurance races.

- Hybrid engine like iRacing or Assetto Corsa, with mgu-k and mgu-h management and battery indicator in hud.

- Real weather, which could set the race conditions in a realistic way using a public forecast.

- Skins and drivers/team names editing

I have no direct knowledge, but I suspect SMS is working with Reiza to improve this for AMS 2 and the next SMS title. It may not be fully ready by December, though.

more accent on single player
i hope to see again a custom championship editor, and the way to edit and assign different power to each car of a series, to simulate real championship. And obviously keep the talent files
and I hope there are unlicensed tracks, also with fake names like kansai, if it will impossible modding the game adding tracks...
And please, copy the IA from geoff crammond's GP4 :p

Completely empty tracks for testing purposes. Only Iracing "simulate" this. I really dont want to have a full blown trackside with tents, cranes, TV-Screens, tons of spectators, helicopters, cameraflashes and other tracksideobjects, when i just testing privatly with my team for the new raceseason at the beginning of March.

That is something, what Kunos did with ACC. It looks like NFS Prostreet sometimes with all the bling bling on the outside.

I know its just an optical thing, but gives you much more immersion, when you are preparing and want it to be realistic in every aspect IMO.

I have pondered why Automobilista 1's multiplayer attendance is so low. Say what you will about Project Cars 2, I think one thing they got right, is that anyone can create and configure an online lobby right from the game. No need for them to open firewall ports. Players seek out the lobbies that suite their preferences, and if none can be found, they fire one up and hope it draws other like minded racers. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't, but setting up a multiplayer environment in Automobilista 1 is non-trivial.

I think if Automobilista 2 models multiplayer more along the lines of Project Cars 2 and/or iRacing (without the additional $), and can provide some minimal enhancements, then their multiplayer environment would thrive. One obvious enhancement I can see is automatically joining everyone in a lobby with a voice channel, similar to Discord, but not reliant on a third party. If the game automatically enabled voice communications to those with microphones (which according to Steam is almost 100%), and those without could hear what was being said even if they could not talk, this would improve the online experience for many.

Another enhancements could enable black/white listing by the person who setup the lobby. At least this way an individual can, over time, ban those people who are there simply to ram others, are abusive, or do not contribute to a healthy competitive racing environment.

I'm sure the community can suggest many other enhancements. But my hope is that Automobilista 2's multiplayer environment is among the best. I have high hopes for this title.

I have an idea that can be useful to VR users and to my self.

Car interior designs and dimensions are different, so when I get into a car in VR and my seating position, steering, gear shift and handbrake do not line up with reality it feels odd to me to blindly reach with my hand to a handbrake whose position doesn't match the environment I see around me.

Hardware-wise it is still not possible to quickly slide the shifter holder or to telescopically adjust the wheel position.

So, the cheapest and most feasible is software. My idea is to have the possibility to move the virtual things inside the car cockpit to match your setup. I believe a developer can easily implement this to give VR users some love and immersion.

Maybe the manufacturers or racing teams who give the liscence won't accept or so?

I also have an idea that saves each driver hundreds of dollars (although I know many people think it’s small amount of money).

Antway, my idea is: To be able to choose our wheel from the sim settings so that what we see in the sim matches what we use (good especially for VR users blindely reaching the buttons).

Again I know some people can afford to buy liscenced replica wheel rim for every luxuri car brand and swap it but doing it for free with one mouse click feels better to me.

I also have an idea that saves each driver hundreds of dollars (although I know many people think it’s small amount of money).

Antway, my idea is: To be able to choose our wheel from the sim settings so that what we see in the sim matches what we use (good especially for VR users blindely reaching the buttons).

Again I know some people can afford to buy liscenced replica wheel rim for every luxuri car brand and swap it but doing it for free with one mouse click feels better to me.
And the common wheels in the market aren’t too many or hard to guess: Logitech, Thrustmaster and Fanatec.

A working LAN Server from day 1 would be very gratefully received - throughout the years have been very busy indeed in the baby making department and now have a tribe of "mini me's" to race against in my house, and all of us trying to race online in the same race is a lagfest whereas LAN is perfect

I have pondered why Automobilista 1's multiplayer attendance is so low. Say what you will about Project Cars 2, I think one thing they got right, is that anyone can create and configure an online lobby right from the game. No need for them to open firewall ports. Players seek out the lobbies that suite their preferences, and if none can be found, they fire one up and hope it draws other like minded racers. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't, but setting up a multiplayer environment in Automobilista 1 is non-trivial.

I think if Automobilista 2 models multiplayer more along the lines of Project Cars 2 and/or iRacing (without the additional $), and can provide some minimal enhancements, then their multiplayer environment would thrive. One obvious enhancement I can see is automatically joining everyone in a lobby with a voice channel, similar to Discord, but not reliant on a third party. If the game automatically enabled voice communications to those with microphones (which according to Steam is almost 100%), and those without could hear what was being said even if they could not talk, this would improve the online experience for many.

Another enhancements could enable black/white listing by the person who setup the lobby. At least this way an individual can, over time, ban those people who are there simply to ram others, are abusive, or do not contribute to a healthy competitive racing environment.

I'm sure the community can suggest many other enhancements. But my hope is that Automobilista 2's multiplayer environment is among the best. I have high hopes for this title.
I absolitely agree with the MP part. Why not have both? Servers like in AC and lobbies like in Pcars. It's a bit of a pain to organize races with friends if someone in your group doesn't have a server. That's my main gripe with AC.

Giving the user more learning possibilities is good and acheivable thanks to using a sim.

Making aspects of the physics seen though OPTIONAL HUDs is really welcome.

An idea that AMS and pC2 had is showing you the spring length/rate/compression/decompression in CM or MM, so that if you are too anal, you can SEE if your car is bottoming out.

Another idea exists in GT Sport, a HUD that shows 4 tyres. And the tyre that locks/slides or spins will flash red. You can see replays and figure out why you spun.

Another idea is to show you where exactly is the cone of air behind a car where the air is less dens, or to show you if your tyres on a high down force car were raised from the tarmac after a crest, and this is why you lost control at 300 km/h. No more occasional spins like the ones that hapoen in iRacing and you don't even know why.

Do I want arcade? HELL NOOO! Those aspects of the underlying physics exist in all sims. You just don't know about them and no game feature was used before to help you learn them.

Another idea is to show you where exactly is the cone of air behind a car where the air is less dens, or to show you if your tyres on a high down force car were raised from the tarmac after a crest, and this is why you lost control at 300 km/h.

How are either of these even remotely realistic? You said you don't want an arcade racer but you do want things which you wouldn't get in real life.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 260 13.5%