AMS 2 Wish List

Just play music from another devise to your speakers!
I just hope for the Brazilian tracks and the FVee as content.
Then the FFB get sorted. Some modder's has already improved the FFB in PC2, but it still have to be improved and simplified the setup.
Also hope some of the Madness Engine updates are some much needed updated to the AI.
Or they could not use Steam VR and allow me to use my PC (where everything is stored) as I wish :). Basically similar to AC would be perfect for me in terms of VR. Singlescreen/non-VR menu navigation using mouse and no Steam VR. It works perfectly!

Just a few hopes for AMS2.

Multi-player: admin function to advance/restart each session/race.

Continued TrackIR support (old tech, but some still have it.)

Graphics: replace cracked glass graphic.

Audio: revisit scrub/slide sound.

• Pitstops
    • In garage, show the estimated pit stop duration based on tyre/fuel choice. Due to the wide variety in cars in AMS, it would be useful to know the stop duration for planning a strategy, without having to practice multiple stops, which takes lots of time. Also show the pit lane speed limit.
    • On the laptime screen, show lap/sector times for laps with pitstops, to get an indication how much time is lost on pit entry/exit. Currently those times are not shown, making it hard to know the total time loss for making a stop.
    • Ability to select tyre choice per pitstop in garage. That's easier to do than while racing.
    • Rough indication of tyre lifetime by showing a degradation curve for the tyre compounds.
    • Make pitstop duration dependent on your stopping position, instead of (what seems to be currently the case) adding some random time which seems unfair. Overshoot the target position by 1 meter -> add 1 second, for example. In this way, tidy pistops get rewarded.
    • By default, don't do repairs that take longer than the normal pitstop time, unless it's significant damage like a missing front wing.
    • A warning message to avoid a blocked spot when another driver in front enters the pits and uses the same pit stop stall as yourself: "stay out - teammate pits"
  • Persistent brake markers. It happens too often that the ground markers are suddenly disappeared completely, thereby surprising other drivers. I would rather have these foam boards be uncollidable. Alternatively add debris, or a (flat) marking/rexture at the original position, or a notification message.
  • When a driver in front gets a blue flag, notify me as well. Otherwise, unless there will be track side flags, it's hard to know if a car in front is actually shown a blue flag. This is especially the case for qualifying outlaps.
  • Keep the delta times running even on invalidated laps or outlaps, because it's still usefull info.
  • Show event schedule in session info screen. How long till race? Is there warmup? Race 2?
  • Make better use of loading time. Could the timing screen be displayed already while waiting? Or how about the garage/setup/controller screens. Probably complicated to develop but it would be nice to prepare a setup while the track is loading.

Sound engine better then ACC and Raceroom please!And best tire model with best FFB!Please don't copy Pcars2 sound engine is sucked !
That's an extremely tall order, and you left out the Dirt Rally series audio (arguably the best of all but, applied to a different racing discipline).

For certain, the Madness audio (Fmod) is lacking, especially in replays, drive-train dynamics / elasticity, and tire feedback. AC/ACC don't suffer from the same issues (except very basic drive-train modeling).

That's an extremely tall order, and you left out the Dirt Rally series audio (arguably the best of all but, applied to a different racing discipline).

For certain, the Madness audio (Fmod) is lacking, especially in replays, drive-train dynamics / elasticity, and tire feedback. AC/ACC don't suffer from the same issues (except very basic drive-train modeling).

How do you think the sound engine can affect tire feedback sounds (or any other specific sound)? They are either programmed-in properly or not. They either have high quality sound samples to process or not. Just like most other aspects of PC 2, it did not take advantage of the engine available. Reiza, we assume, will not make that mistake.

I can assure you some third-party mods in AMS sound awful, while others are sublime. Same engine; different implementation.

• Pitstops
    • In garage, show the estimated pit stop duration based on tyre/fuel choice. Due to the wide variety in cars in AMS, it would be useful to know the stop duration for planning a strategy, without having to practice multiple stops, which takes lots of time. Also show the pit lane speed limit.
    • On the laptime screen, show lap/sector times for laps with pitstops, to get an indication how much time is lost on pit entry/exit. Currently those times are not shown, making it hard to know the total time loss for making a stop.
    • Ability to select tyre choice per pitstop in garage. That's easier to do than while racing.
    • Rough indication of tyre lifetime by showing a degradation curve for the tyre compounds.
    • Make pitstop duration dependent on your stopping position, instead of (what seems to be currently the case) adding some random time which seems unfair. Overshoot the target position by 1 meter -> add 1 second, for example. In this way, tidy pistops get rewarded.
    • By default, don't do repairs that take longer than the normal pitstop time, unless it's significant damage like a missing front wing.
    • A warning message to avoid a blocked spot when another driver in front enters the pits and uses the same pit stop stall as yourself: "stay out - teammate pits"
  • Persistent brake markers. It happens too often that the ground markers are suddenly disappeared completely, thereby surprising other drivers. I would rather have these foam boards be uncollidable. Alternatively add debris, or a (flat) marking/rexture at the original position, or a notification message.
  • When a driver in front gets a blue flag, notify me as well. Otherwise, unless there will be track side flags, it's hard to know if a car in front is actually shown a blue flag. This is especially the case for qualifying outlaps.
  • Keep the delta times running even on invalidated laps or outlaps, because it's still usefull info.
  • Show event schedule in session info screen. How long till race? Is there warmup? Race 2?
  • Make better use of loading time. Could the timing screen be displayed already while waiting? Or how about the garage/setup/controller screens. Probably complicated to develop but it would be nice to prepare a setup while the track is loading.

Agree on the pit stop suggestions. Not so much on the other points.

Features:
Pie in the sky wish here that I'm guessing relatively few people actually want but here goes...
The ability to browse your setups in-game but *before* you enter an event.

More often than not I just want to drive/race. I don't want to work on a setup. My choice of which track to drive therefore often depends on which tracks I already have a setup for. Being able to browse my setups in advance would significantly ease that decision making.

Content:
Fill out the small fields for some of the existing content. IMO having 10-12 car grids is kind of silly. This will be especially true if the game not being mod-able extends to not being able to add new cars+skins of stock game content.

We need to fill the gap in modern(ish) open wheel cars with something between F3 and F1. Current Formula 2 is probably a bit too advanced for my taste. Maybe something like the former GP3 or Formula Renault 3.5 or even current Indy Lights. I'm fine with a fictional clone of this like the F1 cars in AMS.

one thing... can we have a driver animated shifting like in AC where the driver anticipate the upshift with lowering his right arm to the gear nob when it reaches high rpm? thats pretty cool in VR and it also helps me to lower my arm. :p

Make mirrors realistic as much as possible for VR Users.

- reflecting angle changed by angle I see mirror
- 3D mirrors.
- reflecting out/interior of car I drive (the room mirror reflects inside of cockpit)

PLEASE!

- A well done dedicated server, please. In Project Cars 2 dedicated server is a pain. You can't change session, nor edit grid, nor set penalties, nor set ballast... And many times half of the grid lose connection with no reason.

- Linux version of dedicated server, a cheaper way to deploy a server in a league.

- Multi qualifying and multi race, with posibility of inverse grid.

- Driver swap for online endurance races.

- Hybrid engine like iRacing or Assetto Corsa, with mgu-k and mgu-h management and battery indicator in hud.

- Real weather, which could set the race conditions in a realistic way using a public forecast.

- Skins and drivers/team names editing

Last edited:
- Laser scan tracks
- Bathurst
- Nords
- Portimao
- Thruxton

I would like to see more touring cars. 70's, 80's 90's etc. Some nice RS500's, TWR Jaguars, super touring cars etc.

I have a wishlist for what I dont want included as well> Basically anything to do with modern F1...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back