AMS 2 Wish List

Hopefully the Copa Montana, Aussie race cars, and the Copa de Marcas touring cars (Ford, Toyota, Renault, Mitsubishi and Chevy) will be back. Hopefully these are the 75% that will come back.

Not really asking for new content specifically, I love some of those great content from the first game.

I would like to see more things in SP aspect of the game. I have no fear that cars will be extra fun to drive, and the general feel of the gameplay will be on the level of AMS1, even more with the graphics and all the new features.
But it should have something like a progress in single player, some kind of a progression or a grind if you want to call it, something to work for in single player. Maybe just visual rewards on UI screen, with a cup next to car you won it, or a livery you win if you finish a championship, something to work for that is visible. It can be simple as that you have your car icons gray, and when you drive that car it goes full color. It would help keep engaged people that are new to the game, or don't play it as their main sim. Unlocking stuff is a base for most games, and if you could implement it here, it would keep people playing.

Other thing that would be cool is to keep it simple to the end user like AMS1 did, keep FFB settings simple like you did, and keep car setup simple like it was. Sometimes keeping it simple for the end user, and not having 12 sliders for FFB makes the game more focused on driving rather than fine tuning some dials that may or may not improve basic settings.

I have to wonder how Reiza will handle the FFB system; will they make changes to how settings are made or will they retain the current PC2 system(?)

Something I hope they address is the lack of proper drive-train modeling (may be up to SMS advancements). So far, only iRacing and RaceRoom have advanced drive-train physics.

• The possibility of having two or more AI drivers assigned to a car with different AI profiles (crucial for endurance races)
  • Having different "first name" and "last name" fields on driver profiles to avoid problems like having "J Pablo Montoya" in race or being forced to write "Juan-Pablo Montoya" to that name appear properly on display as AMS had
  • The possibility of changing series rules in-game instead of having to change the .txt files (ie: being able to refuel on 80's F1 races)
  • Advanced filtering for custom races (ie: drivetrain restrictions)
  • Proper multiclass racing and BoP implementing
  • More classic series like 90's Stock Car Brasil or 50's Formula One
  • Stuff from Argentina like more tracks and even some series
  • LMP1/2/3, even if generic
  • If viewers for cars aren't available, a livery editor similar to GT Sport
  • An easier than PC2 experience on controller (steering with a controller is very cumbersome with some cars)

I hope for entire classes of cars to race with, rahter then separate 1-2 cars , that you don't know what to do with. I'd love some FWD cars like TCR, maybe BTCC or WTCC...and a miningful career with sense of progression and achievement (I try online races, and ocassionally they are very frustrating and scary experiences, even with SRS AC, so I'd rather focus on a single player career);)

- User configuration for Qualifying; Standard Qually, Top Ten Shootout, Elimination Phases etc.
- Reverse Grids for multiple Races on a Race Weekend, and/or like the btcc where you pick a ball and that determines the grid order for the next race.
- VR Head Pointer in Menu screens (maybe already available)

I would absolutely love to see the new Ultima RS spec added to the Ultima collection, and that the Ultima 720 / Road/ Race make it to AMS2. Managing the 720 around suitable tracks is one of the most rewarding experiences i've had in a Reiza game in any car they have, no mod can touch that car imo either. https://www.ultimasports.co.uk/

An in-game editor for accessible text file editing, (like in the box we have in AMS to set cameras, pitstops etc during racing) to change rules for the GAME. I don't personally care if a car in real life doesn't refuel. I set refeulling in the srs for my multiclass races, ensures A.I don't run out of fuel and keeps the race interesting (IMO). So even without modding, just by being able to edit those aspects are what keep me engaged as a creator within my preferences & personal race objectives. More 'gaming' freedom you could say within the sim framework doesn't detract from the serious sim-side of things as those who want them and don't are both catered for.

On a less serious note
I've always wondered of a Floripa 2. Love that track, a larger, longer version would be amazing. Call it Circuit Apirolf ;)

Also, an information centre within the game. Information such as data relevent to closet geeks about the cars, circuits, histories of the location. Some comparison tools, such as a tool to suggest car series to show the player what cars would be good to pit against another based on type, or HP for example, a grouping option for types of circuits based on some basic variables (length, turns, grade of tarmac etc?).
I run a lot of race testing to find the best cars to run in multi-class races where over longer races on demanding tracks, the outcome is really unknown as to who will win, its great drama sometimes when you are in the thick of it. So that's important to me.

I've noticed my personal sim fantasy will never happen by i want to say it anyway, I've always wanted an option to choose multiple layout as one track. Example, the classic and modern Oulton Park layouts as one track, so that as i go over the Start/Finish line after lap 1, the alternative layout is loaded (procedually i guess), and then repeat this alternating each lap for a race, i just think it would a lot of fun when serious simming isn't the main motive of the day. (Sorry for waffling) - (but seriously, is it possible!?!?! :D).

I would absolutely love to see the new Ultima RS spec added to the Ultima collection, and that the Ultima 720 / Road/ Race make it to AMS2. Managing the 720 around suitable tracks is one of the most rewarding experiences i've had in a Reiza game in any car they have, no mod can touch that car imo either. https://www.ultimasports.co.uk/

An in-game editor for accessible text file editing, (like in the box we have in AMS to set cameras, pitstops etc during racing) to change rules for the GAME. I don't personally care if a car in real life doesn't refuel. I set refeulling in the srs for my multiclass races, ensures A.I don't run out of fuel and keeps the race interesting (IMO). So even without modding, just by being able to edit those aspects are what keep me engaged as a creator within my preferences & personal race objectives. More 'gaming' freedom you could say within the sim framework doesn't detract from the serious sim-side of things as those who want them and don't are both catered for.

On a less serious note
I've always wondered of a Floripa 2. Love that track, a larger, longer version would be amazing. Call it Circuit Apirolf ;)

Also, an information centre within the game. Information such as data relevent to closet geeks about the cars, circuits, histories of the location. Some comparison tools, such as a tool to suggest car series to show the player what cars would be good to pit against another based on type, or HP for example, a grouping option for types of circuits based on some basic variables (length, turns, grade of tarmac etc?).
I run a lot of race testing to find the best cars to run in multi-class races where over longer races on demanding tracks, the outcome is really unknown as to who will win, its great drama sometimes when you are in the thick of it. So that's important to me.

I've noticed my personal sim fantasy will never happen by i want to say it anyway, I've always wanted an option to choose multiple layout as one track. Example, the classic and modern Oulton Park layouts as one track, so that as i go over the Start/Finish line after lap 1, the alternative layout is loaded (procedually i guess), and then repeat this alternating each lap for a race, i just think it would a lot of fun when serious simming isn't the main motive of the day. (Sorry for waffling) - (but seriously, is it possible!?!?! :D).

PC 2 actually has a decent approach to "gaming" in that you can have authentic settings, or simcade, or do whatever you want with settings for the cars. If Reiza can put this into a logical and accessible UI, then I agree that it is best to allow people to configure cars, races and championships to suit their own preferences. As long as there is a simple "reset to real world/authentic" settings button, I will be happy.

I don't want free dlc. I would rather have a financially stable Reiza that is producing quality content, both licensed and generic. They are stepping up their game in terms of visuals and that costs money to do. Same with licenses; we need to be prepared to pay for this content. Does anyone go down to the grocery store and ask what food is free today?

If AMS2 has 90% of the content in AMS then that will be great. The visual upgrade will likely be significant so just that is a lot of work. Adding a few iconic tracks will be a good idea. Perhaps Reiza can partner with SMS to do this by getting the license but starting from SMS base track design instead of scratch? That would speed content offerings significantly.

Beyond what Reiza already has in AMS, I would hope for the Nurburgring with Nordschliefe, Road Atlanta, Silverstone, Road America, Spa, Sebring, AbuDhabi. There are so many great tracks but those are a few highlights.

As far as cars, I may be in the minority but I would like to see some more licensed, street legal sports cars in AMS2. I think they attract more casual buyers to the sim and are a lot of fun. Then add in a few Can Am type historic cars... like the 917. I really hope the full range of AMS F1 cars stays in the new title. Even though they are not licensed, they are a great set of cars.

I would like to have the same style of floating driver nametags in AMS2 as the one in AMS1. Most sims/games display the driver name/nationality/icon in a large rectangle that floats above opponents' cars during a race. That is fine, but I prefer AMS1's minimalistic white text (with no box) because it is less intrusive. May we have an option to choose the older style, please?

It might help the framerate, too. :D

1. please make the AI react on weather changes. in p.cars, they run on dry tires in wet conditions without problems or sometimes, when they know that it is going to rain during race, they already start on wets in still dry conditions without ruining their pneus. to me, racing with changing weather conditions makes no sense at all this way.

would like to see the ai pit when weather changes, not before or not all.

2. mid race save option, so that i can resume a long race later when i have to quit for some reason.

3. as good physics/ffb than in AMS 1

4. a simple menu than in AMS 1

5. historic tracks like in part 1

6. option to force mandatory pit stops like in race room racing experience

+1 @P*Funk - or any of the CART 98 material for that matter! ;)

Also, of course we are not sure how closely AMS2 will follow the PC2 outline, but I wish we could change the default liveries so we can use full skinpacks. I have used quickbms to decrypt, extract, change, and repack the default Formula A PC2 liveries and that sure did not work even using the same size files and getting it to repack without errors. Only swapping out your own 1 livery is not enough.

Option to control menus in single screen when using VR (like in AC)

Not being forced to use Steam VR (I want to listen to music through my speakers while I hear in-game through my Rift headphones darn it!)

Not being forced to use Steam VR (I want to listen to music through my speakers while I hear in-game through my Rift headphones darn it!)
Just play music from another devise to your speakers!
I just hope for the Brazilian tracks and the FVee as content.
Then the FFB get sorted. Some modder's has already improved the FFB in PC2, but it still have to be improved and simplified the setup.
Also hope some of the Madness Engine updates are some much needed updated to the AI.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back