AMS 2 Wish List

It would be nice to see some emphasis put on Single Player, as suggested above by MarcG. The custom championship tool for AMS is a step in the right direction, but perhaps it would be possible to have it in-game and allow for prize money allocation too. I don't object to being able to select any car from the get-go and go racing on any track available, but IMO it would be nice to have the option of slowly making progress from one car / class to the next. Just to create a sense of achievement.

GTR2 had a really fun driving school / challenge system to which I still go back every now and then because it's just so much fun. If a driving school is off the table resource-wise, maybe have some challenges for the players to try and beat? AC had a number of laptime-based Steam achievements and personally I found those very engaging, perhaps others did too?

defiantly going to buy this.
my wish list
1.robust career championship mode (not just random special events)
2.car list that actually make sense like full gt3\gt4 grid for example (not just random cars that cant race each other)
3.competitive online.
4.good challenging ai that dosent want to kill you but also dosent afraid to overtake you. (also ai that actually works in the rain)
5.dont over do the puddles in the rain like in pcars2 where you go to 0% grip
6.good photo mode like in forza horizon 4
7.somewhat realistic damage model.

defiantly going to buy this.
my wish list
1.robust career championship mode (not just random special events)
2.car list that actually make sense like full gt3\gt4 grid for example (not just random cars that cant race each other)
3.competitive online.
4.good challenging ai that dosent want to kill you but also dosent afraid to overtake you. (also ai that actually works in the rain)
5.dont over do the puddles in the rain like in pcars2 where you go to 0% grip
6.good photo mode like in forza horizon 4
7.somewhat realistic damage model.
Definitely agree, a somewhat more drivable wet weather system needs to be in place. I've raced for years and years (non sim), and even if you get caught out on slicks in the rain it's not as punishing in real life as it is in PC2. But obviously it is what it is, that's the road they went down so I'm not bashing anyone, just making an observation. With sim racing there is a level of disconnect. You are driving solely on visual and the feeling through your finger tips. Real life is all that and the feeling through your body, your balance and the feeling by the seat of your pants. Unless you have a motion rig, you don't get that. So by the time you've visually interpreted something it's too late in most cases. Put it this way, in real life in the rain I was good. In Sims in the rain I SUCK!!!

It would be nice to see some emphasis put on Single Player, as suggested above by MarcG. The custom championship tool for AMS is a step in the right direction, but perhaps it would be possible to have it in-game and allow for prize money allocation too. I don't object to being able to select any car from the get-go and go racing on any track available, but IMO it would be nice to have the option of slowly making progress from one car / class to the next. Just to create a sense of achievement.

GTR2 had a really fun driving school / challenge system to which I still go back every now and then because it's just so much fun. If a driving school is off the table resource-wise, maybe have some challenges for the players to try and beat? AC had a number of laptime-based Steam achievements and personally I found those very engaging, perhaps others did too?
I liked the prize money element from RFactor as well. That was a nice little touch towards a "career".

Definitely agree, a somewhat more drivable wet weather system needs to be in place. I've raced for years and years (non sim), and even if you get caught out on slicks in the rain it's not as punishing in real life as it is in PC2. But obviously it is what it is, that's the road they went down so I'm not bashing anyone, just making an observation. With sim racing there is a level of disconnect. You are driving solely on visual and the feeling through your finger tips. Real life is all that and the feeling through your body, your balance and the feeling by the seat of your pants. Unless you have a motion rig, you don't get that. So by the time you've visually interpreted something it's too late in most cases. Put it this way, in real life in the rain I was good. In Sims in the rain I SUCK!!!

It is the uncanny ability of AMS to transmit more of the missing information that you need to be able to respond intuitively that makes it so special relative to other sims...even ones that on paper are more sophisticated. That quality is what must be retained in AMS 2 and will require honing Madness to do it. I am confident that Reiza is aware of this and that they will succeed.

It depends on the rain... often people drive sims with thunderstorm levels of rain and they expect the car to drive as if it was just a drizzle.

Needs careful honing and tweaking for sure. So do the PC 2 curbs that have the grip of glass even when dry. But these are all dev-adjustable settings that can be tilted towards simcade if desired, or bungled from lack of attention or knowledge. I have faith in Reiza, but proof will only come when we can actually drive a real car and track combination and judge whether realistic settings are possible and work as well or better than in AMS. Reiza says they have already proven the concept...I honestly don't think they would have switched to the Madness engine if they were not able to pass that threshold to their own satisfaction.

Well since the topic is called "AMS2 Wish List" I'll guess I will throw my 7 cents in it:

0.01$. Possibility to choose your racing suit & helmet design

0,02$. Championship Creator/Manager which allows specific set of rules, points awards per position/pole/fastest lap, standing/rolling start, reverse grid for 2nd race, specific practice/qualification duration, race distance by time/lap/km... I'm sure you get the "drift" :D

0.03$. Some oval tracks (Indianapolis, Daytona) to be able to race Indycar/Nascar. Also hoping for some iconic tracks (Nordschleife, Spa, Monza) as I love some endurance racing on those tracks.

0.04$. Being able to have a race start on a wet track surface, when the raining has already stopped, with an off-chance it might/might not rain again. This would make the tire-choice before start & during the race interesting. Imagine a 30min online race where you start on a wet surface but the weather prediction is not clear if it will rain again during the race.

0.05$. Ability to adjust/edit AI parameters (qualification skill, race skill, aggressiveness, pit tactics, tire maintenance, ... just brainstorming here)

0.06$. Ability to reduce a 24-hours race into a 4-hours race. This exact conversion from 24 to 4 is not possible in AMS1 btw, and I would love this exact conversion to keep the missus happy. That way I can do my endurance race Sunday morning from 8am till 12am and still be on time for lunch :p

0.07$. I know Renato said we should lower our expectations regarding mods, and part 2 of the interview will shed more light on this soon enough, but I would like to mention that I personally don't mind fictional names being used for cars (e.g. Boxer) or tracks (e.g. Kansai). If this means some tracks/cars can make it into the sim that otherwise would have been impossible/difficult due to licensing issues, I would be a happy little boy. As long as it adds value to the sim it will be golden. And we all know Reiza Studios has the Midas touch :D

Well there you have it (for now :rolleyes:).
Looking forward to this next iteration of Reiza Studios racing sim series. This is the sim that brought me back into simracing after a long time.

Thank you @Renato Simioni for the best sim out there in my opinion, thank you @Ian Bell for the Madness engine (looks beautiful and runs great) and thank you @Paul Jeffrey for the thorough and well-written interviews.

• F Ultimate ERS management
    • for example 3 battery modes: qualy (battery goes empty after one lap), race (balanced, default), charge (battery refills in one lap)
  • Open wheel in general: realistic tyre to tyre collisions
    • cars can get launched
    • risk of punctures
  • Time trail, like AMS (online leaderboard with setup fetch), but improved with:
    • live delta (or ghost) that keeps working after pitting
    • global rank displayed in HUD after each lap
    • spawn position a bit further away from the start, to start each lap at speed
    • separate leaderboards for wet or dry track
  • Timing screen in pit
    • show live sector times of drivers on track
    • allow browsing the results of the previous session (while waiting in warmup, I'd like to see the qualy laptimes!)
  • Replay
    • seek bar in-session
    • click on a laptime in the timetable to rewind to that lap in replay. Allows you to easily watch an interesting lap, or see the start of the race.
  • Scheduled races with splits (unlikely to happen, but this is a wishlist after all)
    • private qualy with 300 slots; at the top of the hour everyone is transfered into 10 race servers with 30 drivers
    • browse results of all race splits after the race

Hi.
- Keep all ams1 open whelers, especially Formula Ultimate, if possible updating it to 2019 and in the future. Maybe adding battery management and these things, but without it being necessary to study a pdf file of 20 pages to know how to use it... Something more simple.

- Have a website like virtualxperience.net, but adding a lot more information than this one gives. (numers of laps, speed, etc, etc, etc)

- Have an updated telemetry plugin, to be able to use it with the most current programs (motec). Do not waste time adding to the game a section of telemetries, with four data.

- Keep the setups menu simple, like now, but something more beautiful.

- Have a HUD like the one we have now, but something more advanced, in order to be able to make broadcasts. That it keeps alerts of each pilot and can be put replays if you want, in live. (like plugin rf2)

- Also it would be perfect not to have to study an engineering to configure so many parameters of the graphics settings.

Basically keep what we have in AMS1, improving some things, without complicating them too much.

adding on to my wish for 1996 bpr gt1 and good optimization for low end pcs in my previous post:
dedicated servers (literally every sim using isimotor has a dedicatedserver.exe)
online matchmaking with a safety rating system
really high quality sounds (why don't more people care for sounds?)
tire blowouts
option to add those neon lights you see used by teams in major endurance series for identification
piles of 80s and 90s content
overall better enduro racing experience

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 233 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%