AMS 2 | Update Delayed Until August 11th - New Silverstone Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have confirmed the upcoming new AMS 2 update has been pushed back a few days to August 11th, as work continues on bringing modern and historic layouts of Silverstone to the simulation.
  • Updated delayed to 11/08/2020.
  • Silverstone modern and various historic versions to be added as DLC.
Originally scheduled to drop on August 7th, the latest DLC release and major big build update for Automobilista 2 has been pushed back by developers Reiza Studios, as they continue to refine and fine tune the new content coming to the simulation.

Of course we don't yet know exactly what the latest build update will include in terms of fixes and feature enhancements, and we are expecting more than just the Silverstone Grand Prix circuit and historic configurations, so obviously the delay will be felt by the sim racing community who have an interest in Automobilista 2. That said, the Brazilian development team are always keen to ensure their content releases match up to the standards expected of the current playerbase, and as such it is pleasing to see the studio are will to push back release by a few short days in order to ensure everything is to their satisfaction before releasing the new build and DLC.

Want something to do while you wait? How about watching this nice little video of the 1991 Grand Prix venue in action;

AMS 2 silverstone 3.jpg
AMS 2 silverstone 2.jpg

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Have answers? Want to chat about AMS 2 and don't know where to go? Worry not my friend, we have just the place for you! The Automobilista 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment welcomes you with open arms - come say hello!

AMS 2 silverstone 1.jpg

See ?... No haters... No bad jokes, no SIM vs Arcade, War !!!
Only happy people :)
This is what happens when you don't talk about PC3 ^_^ (I hope I'm not starting something here 0_0)

Anyways... Thanks Reiza, incredible work as usual !

Cheers,
Donnie
Because Reiza know what they are doing, by producing a quality sim, keep the bug fixes coming frequently, with more updated content and actually listen to their customers.

waiting for the oficial dtm or more gt4 as many people outhere cuz not matter the time of the day servers are empty :whistling:
always waiting is the biggest fault of the people standing at the empty servers gate.
Nobody wants to be the first to attend.
Instead of waiting for a populated server, start one and it could be populated by the crowd.
Or catch one of the unpopulated ds's, be the first on it and select car and track.
Most empty ds's are free to use.

Because Reiza know what they are doing, by producing a quality sim, keep the bug fixes coming frequently, with more updated content and actually listen to their customers.
I don't want to start an argument, but Reiza have a LOT of work to do.

I don't want to start an argument, but Reiza have a LOT of work to do.

That's a useful document. Have you posted it in the Reiza forum? The devs are happy to get detailed bug reports because it makes squashing bugs much easier.

Hopefully they slow down a bit just chucking out content and go back and fix some of the more serious base issues the game has. Otherwise they risk tarnishing their reputation. Me and I'd say about 80% of the league I race in have just stopped running AMS2. It's a glitch fest, but they only seem to be hell bent on releasing more and more content and spreading themselves thinner and thinner. It's been a funny old time and how this title is turning out. The beta on AMS1 felt like a much more sensible slow burn process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 90 19.2%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%
  • €1501-3000