AMS 2 | Update Delayed Until August 11th - New Silverstone Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have confirmed the upcoming new AMS 2 update has been pushed back a few days to August 11th, as work continues on bringing modern and historic layouts of Silverstone to the simulation.
  • Updated delayed to 11/08/2020.
  • Silverstone modern and various historic versions to be added as DLC.
Originally scheduled to drop on August 7th, the latest DLC release and major big build update for Automobilista 2 has been pushed back by developers Reiza Studios, as they continue to refine and fine tune the new content coming to the simulation.

Of course we don't yet know exactly what the latest build update will include in terms of fixes and feature enhancements, and we are expecting more than just the Silverstone Grand Prix circuit and historic configurations, so obviously the delay will be felt by the sim racing community who have an interest in Automobilista 2. That said, the Brazilian development team are always keen to ensure their content releases match up to the standards expected of the current playerbase, and as such it is pleasing to see the studio are will to push back release by a few short days in order to ensure everything is to their satisfaction before releasing the new build and DLC.

Want something to do while you wait? How about watching this nice little video of the 1991 Grand Prix venue in action;

AMS 2 silverstone 3.jpg
AMS 2 silverstone 2.jpg

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Have answers? Want to chat about AMS 2 and don't know where to go? Worry not my friend, we have just the place for you! The Automobilista 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment welcomes you with open arms - come say hello!

AMS 2 silverstone 1.jpg

That's a useful document. Have you posted it in the Reiza forum? The devs are happy to get detailed bug reports because it makes squashing bugs much easier.
I made that to post in their forum. Despite being old, I've gone through it and I haven't found anything on that list that has been fixed yet. If you know of something, let me know and I'll update the list.

The DLC is a real hard sell for me. Sure it'll be nice razzing around Silverstone a few times, but then what... Ropey AI, empty multiplayer servers. Looking at the MP servers in my prime time the other night 6 people were on, half of which were in a cart race i couldn't join anyway.

I can apricate AMS2 for what it is, but it feels like throwing money at dead wood at the minute through the actual experience, Multiplayer might never get a hold, but i would be happy to keep buying if they tighten up the AI and sold some structured championships that work.

The DLC is a real hard sell for me. Sure it'll be nice razzing around Silverstone a few times, but then what... Ropey AI, empty multiplayer servers. Looking at the MP servers in my prime time the other night 6 people were on, half of which were in a cart race i couldn't join anyway.

I can apricate AMS2 for what it is, but it feels like throwing money at dead wood at the minute through the actual experience, Multiplayer might never get a hold, but i would be happy to keep buying if they tighten up the AI and sold some structured championships that work.

They are improving the AI fastly, so i'm very satisfied with that, championship and multiplayer they will update in the next updates, so that´s ok here...

Definitly, AMS2 isnt money at dead wood. It´s a ''must to buy'' easily.

Duh, I understand why it was been changed. They should switch it for a brand they can use, rather than a faux logo.

I thought that was obvious in my question, but apparently not. :rolleyes:

You ask for it to be changed for another brand.....but if Reiza can't get/afford the rights to "Fosters", what makes you think they could afford another brand. And what brand, a different alcohol brand "Carlsberg"?? But then they never sponsored that part of Silverstone so IMO that would be worse.

We all know it's a subtle change just to not fall foul of IP infringement. Better "Fasters" than some other brand name (real or not) that has nothing in common with the way "Fosters" looks and is coloured.

You ask for it to be changed for another brand.....but if Reiza can't get/afford the rights to "Fosters", what makes you think they could afford another brand. And what brand, a different alcohol brand "Carlsberg"?? But then they never sponsored that part of Silverstone so IMO that would be worse.

We all know it's a subtle change just to not fall foul of IP infringement. Better "Fasters" than some other brand name (real or not) that has nothing in common with the way "Fosters" looks and is coloured.
They have Goodyear. I think using a faux logo looks worse than using a different, valid logo. So no, I don't agree that "better Fasters". Realism is the most important thing, just use more Goodyear logos. Nothing suspends realism more than a faux logo. Jesus, this isn't some crazy outlandish thinking, don't use a faux logo, it looks ****. Oh God I didn't think I would have to explain this and take a load of abuse. What the hell happened to this forum?

No, they already have Goodyear. Just use that. Using "Fasters" adds a fake layer that is not needed. Why can't you understand this, it's not a complicated argument? Modders do this all the time, but the skin can be easily changed. In AMS2 the track skin cannot be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 371 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%