AMS 2 | Update Delayed Until August 11th - New Silverstone Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have confirmed the upcoming new AMS 2 update has been pushed back a few days to August 11th, as work continues on bringing modern and historic layouts of Silverstone to the simulation.
  • Updated delayed to 11/08/2020.
  • Silverstone modern and various historic versions to be added as DLC.
Originally scheduled to drop on August 7th, the latest DLC release and major big build update for Automobilista 2 has been pushed back by developers Reiza Studios, as they continue to refine and fine tune the new content coming to the simulation.

Of course we don't yet know exactly what the latest build update will include in terms of fixes and feature enhancements, and we are expecting more than just the Silverstone Grand Prix circuit and historic configurations, so obviously the delay will be felt by the sim racing community who have an interest in Automobilista 2. That said, the Brazilian development team are always keen to ensure their content releases match up to the standards expected of the current playerbase, and as such it is pleasing to see the studio are will to push back release by a few short days in order to ensure everything is to their satisfaction before releasing the new build and DLC.

Want something to do while you wait? How about watching this nice little video of the 1991 Grand Prix venue in action;

AMS 2 silverstone 3.jpg
AMS 2 silverstone 2.jpg

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Have answers? Want to chat about AMS 2 and don't know where to go? Worry not my friend, we have just the place for you! The Automobilista 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment welcomes you with open arms - come say hello!

AMS 2 silverstone 1.jpg

This can be changed. See this thread. I have mine currently set where it acts just like most other sims.

it doesn't matter what settings I use, **** is still waay too bouncy. I think AMS2 stands for A Mountainbike Simulator 2 lol

Real Aussies drink Coopers Sparkling Ale.......I drank a lot of those öil cans" at the Breakers in Point Roberts, Washington....vile, but you didn't have to fight your way to the bar as often....

Nope. Dont support those bastards. (But thatr is another topic all together) :D

Try Silv 1991 or 1975 in the fog.

Dear Reiza,

Today I cried tears of joy while I raced your awesome simulator. I played for hours, and the AI didn't punt me, or appear to try and violently sideswipe me. They raced with a respect I undoubtedly do not deserve, but it was welcomed. The track limits seemed fair while I raced the now usable Championship mode. I did not experience any unexpected penalties...but I am guessing that is because I forgot to reenable them ;). When I did my usual taking of the corner too fast for the car to handle, I did not get virtual whiplash from the usual car destroying grass. Some of the items that made the sim crash no longer do. Things just felt right the entire time I raced. If any of these items were not a part of the fix, I thank you for the placebo effect.

Signed,

Random person on a forum

It seems to be the way of the world! Release, get the End Users to do the Testing for you and then fix and patch if you can. Personally, I think the danger of this approach is that you can alienate people who bought your product in good faith expecting it to 'do what it says on the tin'. And if it doesn't work or isn't fixed quickly, those people will go and play something else that does work, and maybe not return, so you may lose sales on DLC and future games as people will remember what happened last time.

However, I don't have a problem with doing what Kunos did with ACC on PC, where you buy early access at a significant discount, and you expect to see loads of bugs and features disabled. The studio gets some much needed revenue early and feedback from users.
As long as those are fixed by the time it goes on sale for full price, I agree.

As long as those are fixed by the time it goes on sale for full price, I agree.

Consoles seem to be the worst as some studios outsource the QA. I would love to 'work' as a QA for one that did PC2 or whoever QA'ed ACC on Console. They must have taken the money and all been sipping margaritas on a beach instead if Testing. How could you miss that the wheel is not detected on a racing game.

Seriously?

Don't you remember "Buzzin & Hornets" by example?

um that's my point that DID happen in reality, we're talking about someone not liking a fictitious banner in a game that looks similar to the real thing. He mentioned "Goodyear" as a replacement instead, that's like replacing Buzzin Hornets with Ferodo.

i.e. the use of Buzzin Hornets is the same as using Fasters.

Actually that makes sense. There are some cars in ACC that have certain sponsorships left off of their liveries because the sponsors were alcohol companies. They explained that in their forum, maybe that's a part of what's going on here.
Advertisement of beer or tobacco related products is illegal in Australia.
and most likely few other countries.

So branding would be changed to comply.
And fosters is our joke of a beer to the world anyway.

Good luck ever finding an aussie pub serving it or anyone within Australia drinking it.:roflmao:

For the record, you get some cars in real life that have a way around this, but Raceroom uses it too: advertise the alcohol free version :p

team-warsteiner-11-3812-image-full.png

NOT AN AMS2 SCREENSHOT (for anyone skim reading!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 288 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%