AMS 2 | Update 0.8.7.1 Is Here - Now Includes Time Trial

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Automobilista 2 Early Access fans rejoice - a new build, new features and new content is now available.

Released last night, version 0.8.7.1 of AMS 2 is in the wild, and with it comes a first pass at the new Time Trail functionality within the simulation, as well as the inclusion of the very cool looking 1986 Opala Stock Car season!

V0.8.7.1 CHANGELOG:

GENERAL

• Enabled Time Trial Mode
  • Player now has complete control in pits if Pit Stop Control is set to "Manual" in Gameplay Options (no longer gets automatically held up due to incoming traffic)
  • Implemented new CutTrackFraction logic for detecting how far back a track limit infringement in previous lap invalidates the next one (5% of track length in practice, 10% in qualifying, 15% in Time Trial)
  • Fix bug where spawning in garage in between sessions would cause Trucks to crash into the garage
CONTENT
  • Added Opala Stock Cars 1986 Season
UI & HUD
  • Added missing F-Trainer A vehicle specs; Corrected Puma GTB, Super V8, Lancer R & RS, Copa Classic specs
  • Fixed AJR V6 short name in session config screen
  • Added new 'Full' variation of the Laptime Info HUD element (gives past lap info or Time Trial info depending on game mode/session)
  • Moved Laptime info position slightly higher in default layout
PHYSICS & FFB
  • Added "Tyre Scrub to Rack" effect to FX FFB slider (New Default profile only
  • Added "Min force" FFB funcion, disabled by default (can be activated in custom FFB file)
  • Minor FFB adjustments to various cars to better suit New Default profile
  • Increased FFB smoothness for FWD cars
  • Fixed remaining issues with excessive brake wear
  • Revised drivelines for all TC Classics, AJR, F-Vintages, F-Classics Lancers, Ultimas to correct excessive drivetrain losses & inertia
  • Fixed suspension physics for Copa Classic B Passat
  • Minor adjustments to tyre tread & carcass for Copa Classic, Lancers, Opalas, Ultima Race, AJR, Stock Car & F-Classic
  • Added wet tyre options for Lancers & Copa Classics
  • Corrected excessive engine boost in Lancer R & RS
  • Fixed wrong default tyre option in some TC Classics that could cause CTDs
  • Reduced front ride height range & moved diffuser center of pressure forward by 8cm in Metalmoro AJR for more accurate aero balance (all variants)
  • F-Classics Gen1&2: moved diffuser center of pressure forward by 2cm for more accurate aero balance, increased diffuser downforce loss with yaw
  • F-Classic (all Gens): Adjusted default setup (stiffer rear ARB, corrected ride height inconsistencies); fixed V8 engine wear range
AI
  • Disabled glitchy AI function that would cause it to behave erratically while trying to weave out of the way under blue flag in Practice & Quali (AI will now just reduce speed to let faster car by)
  • Adjusted AI behavior under yellow flag (a bit less overzealous)
  • Revised AI damper rates for all cars
  • Minor AI performance tweak to Londrina (both layouts)
TRACKS
  • Corrected environment & track temperature ranges for South American tracks
  • Interlagos Kart: Fixed layout 3 fences and walls missing when running less than High Track Detail
VEHICLES
  • Passat Copa Classic B: Updated interior textures, corrected collision mesh
  • Puma P052: Updated cockpit interior textures; updated liveries for #03 #05 #08 #35 #36 #52 #65 #78 & added Community skins #55 #56 #58 #60
  • Sprint Race: Added rear brake lights

To get an idea of the future development direction for Automobilista 2, check out the recent development roadmap HERE.

Original Source :Reiza Studios

AMS 2 is available now in Steam Early Access.

If you need help and support getting the most from AMS2, start a thread in our AMS2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let our great community help you out.

The Opala 86 Stock Cars are fun to drive, the car weight and body roll are really noticeable through the wheel. I think this sort of car is what AMS2 does best, fast enough to be fun and with handling that is challenging near the limit yet still controllable.
Absolutely agree and great video showing these cars as they are a handful. These cars and others are unique only to Automobilista which is fantastic...and I feel part of an exclusive club owning a Reiza Sim :inlove::thumbsup:
1 AMS2 OPALA Old STOCK at INTERLAGOS copy.jpg
4 AMS2 COPA CLASSIC B at INTERLAGOS crop copy.jpg

Last edited:
Vert nice update.

I hope they'll tackle AI on some tracks. For example in turn one on oulton I can bypass any AI even at 110. I just come out of the corner with a huge speed difference. This happens in some other tracks. But may are fine (like brands hatch)

If your wallet is stingy then i say its good time to buy the game, price gonna be higher soon
I have decided to open my wallet and buy AMS2.
Normally when I buy a racing game I want to decide which cars/tracks I want to buy.
I dont want to use money for cars/tracks that I dont use.
So I should probably only buy the base game for €26.99 - right?
Any advices guys?:thumbsup:

I can see there are 3 buying possibilities:
AMS2 €26.99
AMS2+2020-21 Season Pass €105.28(=10%)
Add all DLC €89.99

Normally when I buy a racing game I want to decide which cars/tracks I want to buy.

AMS2 €26.99
Add all DLC €89.99
I'd just get the base game for now if you aren't 100% sure you want the dlc. You can always buy those later. In fact, unlike the base game which will be going up, the DLC can really only go down through steam sales later in the year.

AMS2 €26.99
Add all DLC €89.99
buy base game

:roflmao: @ Bruno

This has more issues then rF2 ever had, go read their support page

I think Reiza is definitely aware but it's not something you can fix easily. Shame that this crept into the EA version though as everyone is avoiding multiplayer now which is half of a game's attractiveness

I ran a rF2 room every day for years never had issues like that

But when it is rF2 has the same or lesser issues it is like the end of the world :roflmao:

Now that you buy it I will be in here everyday to remind you ....just like you do with rF2 threads :giggle:

Humm, Do you recommend people buy all the dlc now at a discounted price so they get the best value. or do you tell them to wait knowing that the content will be must have and generate more revenue overall.

:unsure:

The base game at this price is a great deal.

Last edited:
3x good advices.
Thank you guys - very appreciated.:thumbsup:
I asked about the base game - because there could be a further possibility that I couldnt see/grasp.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Hehe the extra 4th "advice"/threat I only consider as a goofy joke.:roflmao:

The Opala 86 Stock Cars are fun to drive, the car weight and body roll are really noticeable through the wheel. I think this sort of car is what AMS2 does best, fast enough to be fun and with handling that is challenging near the limit yet still controllable.

I must admit that its been a while since I played AMS1 (VR or lack thereof being the reason), but the 1986 Opala seems a lot more stable at the rear in AMS2 than I remember from AMS1. Memory tells me that I used to have to be careful with the throttle when exiting corners or else be in opposite lock territory, but the ones on AMS2, I can just hammer the throttle without a care on corner exit.

I must admit that its been a while since I played AMS1 (VR or lack thereof being the reason), but the 1986 Opala seems a lot more stable at the rear in AMS2 than I remember from AMS1. Memory tells me that I used to have to be careful with the throttle when exiting corners or else be in opposite lock territory, but the ones on AMS2, I can just hammer the throttle without a care on corner exit.

It's worth giving the AMS and AMS2 Opala's a run back to back to feel the difference for sure. Both cars are fun to drive and the driving is instantly recognisable moving between the two games, only the previous generation AMS graphics really show the difference.

For me, the AMS car is much easier to drive faster (both my 1:40 lap time and the current AMS WR of 1:37 demonstrate that). The only area where I found the original AMS Opala trickier to drive is on corner entry and mid-corner grip. In AMS, on turn in there is little weight or feeling of grip and that makes the initial bite of the tyres a bit of a guessing game. I was able to apply the throttle at the same time in both games on most corners, on the exit of Surtees it's much easier to get on the power early in the AMS car as the track is flat and doesn't have the bumps on the exit that AMS2 has.

The AMS2 car has far more steering feel and feedback through the corners, it feels far more connected and there is a real sensation of the tyres flexing and gripping under load. The tyres push back and want to centre up realistically as they are pushed toward the limit of grip. The AMS2 appears to be slightly slower with a 1:41.7 lap for me and a current WR of 1:40.8. There is more time to find but it's going to take a bit more effort.

Overall I'd much rather drive the AMS2 car (not just because it's now in VR) and I prefer the updated audio too!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back