AMS 2 | Release Delayed to March 2020 - Jerez Confirmed

Last image shows the NC Racing AJR, the Scuderia 111 Mercedes AMG GT3 and a new entry, the MetalMoro MRX, which is a versatile open top prototype that was the hot shot before the MR18. Of course, just the base designs there, but looks like Endurance Brasil presence will be increased in AMS2. By the way, going to Santa Cruz do Sul tomorrow to watch them closely.

I really want Tarumã on it as it's the closest venue to my home, even if it was axed from the Endurance Brasil and Stock Car calendars.

Ben watching this closely since day one. Fast forward to those two videos....:( Graphically, it looks like Vanilla AC from 2014...
Its a long, long way from what Ilja has done with shaders and Peter with SOL for AC. I know, I know - physics... but theres absolutely no reason why with that 'newer' graphics engine it should look so out dated.

The first batch of screenshots months ago looked promising (what screenshots don't) but if those videos are a representation of even half of what it will look like... thats a shame. Yeah I know about polishing, but this late in the game, I'm surprised to see washed out skys, no detailed weathers, horizon washed out and nearly non existent details in the distance or on track.

I guess I got spoiled with AC and all its bells and whistles. (Old engine and all)

Possibly I have to write this idea in the wish list thread instead. But not only we would like to see (hear) iRacing style voice chat in fun races, but also we would like to see pC2 style of 2 or more pre-done setups, like "Stable" and "fast". This will be a middle ground when a debate open and fixed setups.

And again I say, if only Reiza started with the physics they had in AMS1 and developed it by some increments, I won't really care about the less important features whether they are included or ignored.

Ben watching this closely since day one. Fast forward to those two videos....:( Graphically, it looks like Vanilla AC from 2014...
Its a long, long way from what Ilja has done with shaders and Peter with SOL for AC. I know, I know - physics... but theres absolutely no reason why with that 'newer' graphics engine it should look so out dated.

The first batch of screenshots months ago looked promising (what screenshots don't) but if those videos are a representation of even half of what it will look like... thats a shame. Yeah I know about polishing, but this late in the game, I'm surprised to see washed out skys, no detailed weathers, horizon washed out and nearly non existent details in the distance or on track.
Don't forget that Reiza has a very small team, in my opinion they are doing a great job.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Even if so, a small team doesn't mean they aren't capable of making something look newer than a competitor (AC) from 2014.
Especially with a newer, capable graphics engine.
We are always open to constructive criticism - the tracks currently do miss some surrounding detail and objects such as rescue vehicles, cars, flags etc, these are being worked on and will be plugged in accordingly at a later stage of development (to avoid rework re-exporting these objects). Mind you not all tracks have ferris wheels :)

Other than that I must say I dont see your point. We have over 10km radius of surrounding terrain and cityscapes accurately modelled for every track (no 2D skyboxes) as can be seen in the screenshots below.
20191031003513_1.jpg

ss061248.jpg

Washed out “weathers” and skies.. I suppose opinions may vary, specially when you have a relatively small sample of references to base it on. We are however using what´s pretty unarguably the most sophisticated weather and lighting system of any racing sim engine, so Im not sure where exactly you find it´s not quite up to par.

There is still work to be done in shaders and textures in particular and it´s something we will continually revisit before and after release, but its fair to expect that in terms of sheer graphical detail we may not be the overall trend-setters. We hope it´s a worthy trade-off for getting 50 tracks in a $40 package instead of 10, but luckily every user has the option put his money where he thinks the value is :)

Last edited:

KittX

250RPM

I guess I got spoiled with AC and all its bells and whistles. (Old engine and all)
Also don't forget that you're comparing heavy modded-out game, with paid content that is being developed for the timeframe probably the same or even longer than entire games sometimes (VRC, Shaders mod), and a track that I have a lot of suspicions that it started its life as content for SRW, and then was taken and evolved by modders. (please correct me if I'm wrong here, I've been seeing that Daytona through its development phase, and this one always seemed suspiciously similar).
My point is that's a product of much more time and more people being involved over the years. Even big studios can't beat that kind of attention to the details, which were chosen by modders to put their attention to... On the other hand, the product needs to be good all-around, with no missing key components or features, which is less bothersome thing for modders, usually.

Moving to the new engine wasn't quite short task, but we'll keep polishing it long-term (as we already are doing now), with all our traditional love and care. :)

Last edited:
We are always open to constructive criticism - the tracks currently do miss some surrounding detail and objects such as rescue vehicles, cars, flags etc, these are being worked on and will be plugged in accordingly at a later stage of development (to avoid rework re-exporting these objects). Mind you not all tracks have ferris wheels :)

Other than that I must say I dont see your point. We have over 10km radius of surrounding terrain and cityscapes accurately modelled for every track (no 2D skyboxes) as can be seen in the screenshots below.

Washed out “weathers” and skies.. I suppose opinions may vary, specially when you have a relatively small sample of references to base it on. We are however using what´s pretty unarguably the most sophisticated weather and lighting system of any racing sim engine, so Im not sure where exactly you find it´s not quite up to par.

There is still work to be done in shaders and textures in particular and it´s something we will continually revisit before and after release, but its fair to expect that in terms of sheer graphical detail we may not be the overall trend-setters. We hope it´s a worthy trade-off for getting 50 tracks in a $40 package instead of 10, but luckily every user has the option put his money where he thinks the value is :)
Thats more like it. Like I said, I was only going off the two videos. Those shots are beautiful! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom