• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

AMS 2 | Release Day: Lots And Lots Of Goodies Confirmed

Boby Kim

1000RPM
Aug 28, 2010
War raged amongst PC1 and 2. Now AMS2, same crap engine (cant turn iron into gold) but different devs. So PC1 and 2 are just as good as AMS2 except devs have different names.
And now PC3 is coming, different dev, but same crap engine and that seems to become total crap...
PC1 = PC2 = AMS = PC3.

norbs

That cams guy.
Premium
Mar 22, 2014
War raged amongst PC1 and 2. Now AMS2, same crap engine (cant turn iron into gold) but different devs. So PC1 and 2 are just as good as AMS2 except devs have different names.
And now PC3 is coming, different dev, but same crap engine and that seems to become total crap...
PC1 = PC2 = AMS = PC3.

Wow. I assume you have played it and formed these opinions?

MPortnoy

250RPM
Sep 5, 2016
Wanted to give it a try a couple of weeks ago but my CSL Elite pedals were not recognized. Didn't feel like investigating and getting over my 2 hour steam refund period so I refunded.
Might pick it up on sale later

F_B

1000RPM
Premium
Nov 27, 2013
PC1 = PC2 = AMS = PC3.
Have you even played one tiny second in AMS2 or are you just talking crap? People like you are dangerous, judging everything without even knowing one yota.

MarcG

1000RPM
Premium
Jun 17, 2011
Awesome news, I've been avoiding the recent beta updates so i can enjoy a semi-fresh restart with v1.0.
Especially looking forward to the Ginettas and the new Stock Cars....oh and Bathurst when that comes!

With this, RF2, RaceRoom and Planet Zoo (well it's got a train you can ride in so it's sort of a Sim....) my spare time for the wife is extremely limited, oh and the football and Real car racing is back on...may as well sign the divorce papers now!

Thanks Reiza, cheers for everything so far and everything to come :)

MarkR

500RPM
Premium
Feb 8, 2017
Good news, superbly playable game throughout the beta, great driving experience and unique content make this special. I'm looking forward to playing more AMS2 with the full release, hopefully, we'll now have cockpit lights at night in more of the cars (I haven't checked the latest build so could be already) because the night racing in VR is just so atmospheric.

woz9us

100RPM
Premium
Sep 13, 2012
I tried AMS2 and refunded it before my 2 hour limit; not sure whether I regret it or not; I keep having to remind myself why I chose to refund it amongst all the hype and praise, perhaps I didn't give it enough time but from those 2 hours I recall being pretty sure that it was nowhere near ready to call itself a full fat sim.

The problem for me was the over familiarity with PC2 in mind; I couldn't shake the feeling that I was playing the same game with the same numb FFB, the same 'simcade' physics. All subjective I guess but something I just couldn't overcome.

I'm probably going to cave and re-buy at a higher price if multiplayer does well.

woz9us

100RPM
Premium
Sep 13, 2012
Its nothing like pcars, im sorry but anyone who says so are utterly deluded and are simply lying to themselves or have not given it anything more than a few minutes on track.
I mean, to say it's nothing like PCars when it uses the same graphics/physics engine is a bit nuts to be honest.

The tracks which feature in both titles for example are a literal copy/paste job surely?