Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
A massive list of 30 empty slots serves no real purpose and makes the OP a lot longer than it needs to be. The number of slots available is specified above the entry list, and the list itself expands as people sign up.
Thanks for clearing up, in AC they always have the full list so I was a bit confused :D

Leaving aside fuel, is the default setup any good for non-alien mortals?
Try it and find out.
Personally I think it's stable and decent, but has a bit of understeer in high speed corners.
I can run very similar times with default and my tuned version.
I believe the fuel increments goes up by 2/3 so you should only need 15 or 16 laps worth for a 20 min race.

Last edited:
Try it and find out.
Personally I think it's stable and decent, but has a bit of understeer in high speed corners.
I can run very similar times with default and my tuned version.
I believe the fuel increments goes up by 2/3 so you should only need 15 or 16 laps worth for a 20 min race.

Thanks David. New to AMS2, I did try default and also experienced understeer. As I haven't a lot of time to practice before the race, I wondered if it will be better to just do as many laps as practicable in default, rather than sod about with setups which will reduce track time and I'd probably not get a setup I am faster with anyway :)

Thanks David. New to AMS2, I did try default and also experienced understeer. As I haven't a lot of time to practice before the race, I wondered if it will be better to just do as many laps as practicable in default, rather than sod about with setups which will reduce track time and I'd probably not get a setup I am faster with anyway :)
To be honest my tuned version is not far off the default....I believe I only dropped the front arb 1 click and rear down force 1 click to help with the understeer and found it was a good start.

I am no tuner by any means but depending on where your experiencing the understeer the following might help.

Turn in understeer.
Lower front ride height
Move brake bias back
Lower front arb

Mid corner understeer
Raise caster
Raise front wing or lower rear wing

Corner exit understeer
Increase rear arb

You can also play with the diffs for all three scenarios, but I don't have a real good understanding in that area, I get the basics but not enough to give any advice lol

I am actually a bit nervous and excited for this race!
I haven't raced at RD since the early days of RRE and AMS.
I also haven't done any road racing in the past yr either and pretty rusty...been doing alot of ovals and RX racing.

Should be great fun none the less :)

Last edited:
I seem to be quite inconsistent so far, somehow its a bit harder to find the limit than with other cars. Just to have some idea what I need to run in the midfield, what times are you all doing?

To be honest my tuned version is not far off the default....I believe I only dropped the front arb 1 click and rear down force 1 click to help with the understeer and found it was a good start.

I am no tuner by any means but depending on where your experiencing the understeer the following might help.

Turn in understeer.
Lower front ride height
Move brake bias back
Lower front arb

Mid corner understeer
Raise caster
Raise front wing or lower rear wing

Corner exit understeer
Increase rear arb

You can also play with the diffs for all three scenarios, but I don't have a real good understanding in that area, I get the basics but not enough to give any advice lol

I am actually a bit nervous and excited for this race!
I haven't raced at RD since the early days of RRE and AMS.
I also haven't done any road racing in the past yr either and pretty rusty...been doing alot of ovals and RX racing.

Should be great fun none the less :)

Great stuff David, thanks very much. It's the quicker corners where I get understeer so I guess a couple of tweaks are necessary as opposed to adjusting with trail-braking.

In club racing, as far as I know, we don't talk about times.
It can be pretty discouraging and demotivating to do so...better to talk about tips when it's happening I think.
Tbh its the other way around for me, when i have a goal I want to reach its easier for me. Good to know that its not talked about here though.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back