AMS 2 | Nordschleife Delayed And New DLC Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have today confirmed a slight delay to their mammouth Nordschleife circuit coming to AMS 2 - moving back release a further week while they add some last minute art updates to the massive venue.
  • GT3/4 DLC, Nurburgring GP remain on course for release today.
  • New update also scheduled for today.
  • Just the Nordschleife will be delayed by around 1 week.
Big updates are happening in the world of Automobilista 2 later today, with the massive new update and DLC pack plus free content scheduled to hit the simulation this afternoon - however players excited to get their hands of the legendary Nordschleife track will have to wait just a little bit longer, as Reiza Studios last night confirmed the long version of the track will be delayed a short while as they add some final finishing touches to the German venue.

To help ease the wait, let's check out some awesome new preview screenshots to pass the time until the DLC drops...

AMS 2 DLC 2.jpg
AMS 2 DLC.jpg

AMS 2 is available now, exclusive to PC.

The AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is a great place to hang out and discuss the simulation with your fellow sim racing fans. Head over, say hello and come join in the action - start a new thread today!

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
The only thing I see in the steam sale at 50% off is the hockenhiem pack which for the most part was free to everyone that had the game when the pack was released.

Psst... he's talking about the Reiza Pack for rF2. With that and the rF2 Nurburgring, you can be on the Nordschliefe today in some of the Reiza vehicles, like an FVee.

[and here I sit, missing out on all the excitement and still needing a video card, sigh.]

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Maybe you guys are getting old and can't hear the whole thing. As I said, it builds up from all gears, there's no absurd change like ACC does.
Not that old and can still hear mosquitos making love.
BTW, Kunos was recording real cars on board audio for Competizione.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you’re comparing to real life videos, keep in mind that the 911 GT3 R was a new car in 2019. It’s at least plausible it could sound different inside.

Another thought, would overdrive gear ratios on the top gear or two pull down the pitch of the gear whine? If so, it’s always conceivable that some GT3-based series or individual races may have included cars with those sorts of ratios while other might not have. The default 5th and 6th gear ratios for the Porsche GT3 in AMS 2 are not overdriven.

If you’re comparing to real life videos, keep in mind that the 911 GT3 R was a new car in 2019. It’s at least plausible it could sound different inside.

Another thought, would overdrive gear ratios on the top gear or two pull down the pitch of the gear whine? If so, it’s always conceivable that some GT3-based series or individual races may have included cars with those sorts of ratios while other might not have. The default 5th and 6th gear ratios for the Porsche GT3 in AMS 2 are not overdriven.

Oh I haven't even driven the version in AMS2, it's certainly possible there is a version raced in Brazil that sounds different, but his original statement was that people were stupid for thinking the one in ACC that does sound like that is accurate, and then he doubled down by claiming he couldn't even hear the difference in the video. The one in AMS2 could sound different and the one in ACC still be correct. That's all we're addressing.

Maybe you guys are getting old and can't hear the whole thing. As I said, it builds up from all gears, there's no absurd change like ACC does.

Weird approach to say that you can't hear the difference then accuse the other people of being the ones with poor hearing. Again, yes I can hear it build up the whole way, but then there is a distinct difference in 5th and 6th gear.

It sounds like you've had this conversation with other people before, then two more people in this thread are saying it, not to mention those fools at Kunos putting the effect in for no reason apparently; have you stopped to consider that maybe you're just...wrong? :confused: Nah, couldn't be that.

Weird approach to say that you can't hear the difference then accuse the other people of being the ones with poor hearing. Again, yes I can hear it build up the whole way, but then there is a distinct difference in 5th and 6th gear.

It sounds like you've had this conversation with other people before, then two more people in this thread are saying it, not to mention those fools at Kunos putting the effect in for no reason apparently; have you stopped to consider that maybe you're just...wrong? :confused: Nah, couldn't be that.
Nah, ACC Porsche doesn't sound like any of these videos. ACC gets a lot of cars right, Porsche is definitely not one of them.

I think he's right though. Clearly, transmission whine/engine volume is not balanced correctly in ACC. Transmission should be louder. It's a shame that there is no option to adjust the sound of each separately. Even AC had this as an option so why not ACC?

It sounds like you're talking about an entirely separate issue that's not really related to his claims though, right? We're not talking about the overall volume balance of transmission and engine noise, but specifically the difference in sound between 4th and 5th gears specifically, and only on the 911.

It sounds like you're talking about an entirely separate issue that's not really related to his claims though, right? We're not talking about the overall volume balance of transmission and engine noise, but specifically the difference in sound between 4th and 5th gears specifically, and only on the 911.

His original claim was that the transmission whine isn't loud enough across all the gears, but it gets closer (as in louder) to what it should be in 6th gear. At least that's how I understood it. We are taking this way OT so I won't comment any further on the issue as this is not the place to do it

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%