AMS 2 | Nordschleife Delayed And New DLC Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have today confirmed a slight delay to their mammouth Nordschleife circuit coming to AMS 2 - moving back release a further week while they add some last minute art updates to the massive venue.
  • GT3/4 DLC, Nurburgring GP remain on course for release today.
  • New update also scheduled for today.
  • Just the Nordschleife will be delayed by around 1 week.
Big updates are happening in the world of Automobilista 2 later today, with the massive new update and DLC pack plus free content scheduled to hit the simulation this afternoon - however players excited to get their hands of the legendary Nordschleife track will have to wait just a little bit longer, as Reiza Studios last night confirmed the long version of the track will be delayed a short while as they add some final finishing touches to the German venue.

To help ease the wait, let's check out some awesome new preview screenshots to pass the time until the DLC drops...

AMS 2 DLC 2.jpg
AMS 2 DLC.jpg

AMS 2 is available now, exclusive to PC.

The AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is a great place to hang out and discuss the simulation with your fellow sim racing fans. Head over, say hello and come join in the action - start a new thread today!

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
- Damping now adjustable via in-game FFB menu *
- Enhanced tyre flatspots **
- Enhanced feedback during braking
- Enhanced road feel (adjustable via FX slider) ***
- Improved scrub effect (adjustable via FX slider)
- Effectively eliminated FFB "deadzone" around center in some cars
- Improved gyro moment accuracy
- Now using SETA patch offset/deformation for mechanical trail (much more "organic" feel on edge of grip)
- Tyre temperature and pressure will affect feedback
- More distinctive oversteer / understeer feedback

* We recommend using damping in game vs on wheel setting. Damping in game scales with vehicle, so roughly same level for all cars. On wheel / driver damping doesn't scale with wheel gain, so if you have gain too low, damping will overwhelm FFB signal.
I assume the damping slider refers to the damping that takes the steering wheel velocity into account as opposed to the gyroscopic effects. Is that right?

Last edited:
First car I tired was the Camaro GT4. Right off the bat…

- No items listed under ‘Electronics’ in the vehicle screens but ABS and TC UI elements are active in advanced setup
- Listed as FWD in the session loading screen, but correct RWD in vehicle selection screens

I really do genuinely appreciate Reiza’s efforts but ongoing rough edges like this in new releases continue to be disappointing to me. Specifically so with these particular examples since they’re items that were explicitly fixed with other cars in prior updates. No matter how small these problems are, they’re becoming tougher and tougher pills for me to swallow when it’s the same issues being let through.

EDIT: I’m an idiot regarding the drive wheel description. I forgot that the vehicle description text on the session loading screens show the engine location, not which wheels are driven. Something that can maybe be tidied up in some form in the final “housekeeping” phases of development.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Updated Force Feedback
This update adds fresh Force Feedback developments, the most significant being:

- Damping now adjustable via in-game FFB menu *
- Enhanced tyre flatspots **
- Enhanced feedback during braking
- Enhanced road feel (adjustable via FX slider) ***
- Improved scrub effect (adjustable via FX slider)
- Effectively eliminated FFB "deadzone" around center in some cars
- Improved gyro moment accuracy
- Now using SETA patch offset/deformation for mechanical trail (much more "organic" feel on edge of grip)
- Tyre temperature and pressure will affect feedback
- More distinctive oversteer / understeer feedback

* We recommend using damping in game vs on wheel setting. Damping in game scales with vehicle, so roughly same level for all cars. On wheel / driver damping doesn't scale with wheel gain, so if you have gain too low, damping will overwhelm FFB signal.
Wow, the damping done right via constant force, not through DI damping effect. Bravo Reiza. Also seems like you have gyro or it's the same as that dynamic damping, I do not detect much oscillation as before.

I tried porsche cup and 720s, very nice cars, but i think reiza should tweak their grip levels...
I think grip levels are a little high right now.
FFB improved alot for me (G27), i like it.

I tried nurburgring GP, in some truns i think it's not that accurate as it should be, maybe i get used to rF2/ACC versions(They are very similar), i dont know.

Last edited:
Well, every time I see it more similar to pc2, I have not liked the new cars, too much boat, too pc2, then I tried the porche of rfactor2, and it is another world, the comparisons are hateful, but it is what there is, I do I give up for lost

• Deleted member 197115

Some texture flickering on Nurnburing in VR, barriers mostly.
New FFB is better than old default, damping helps with SAT snap back, center is more weighted too.
GT3 are nice, but I wouldn't recommend back to back comparison with ACC.

-Porsche GT3 sounds amazing, a million times more realistic than ACC(which isn't close to reality to be honest). Feels like suspension is bugged.

-AMG GT3 is weird, like really weird, the car feels completely lose.

-Mclaren GT3 feels very planted with tons of understeer.

Steer lock doesn't seem to be working? I changed it on the 720s because I thought it was not turning enough on corners and I can't notice any difference at all. Also why these cars lock the rears so easily compared to ACC, even if you use a lot of rear brake bias? Kinda weird.

Mixed feelings for now, Porsche GT3 was my favorite, even with the weird suspension bouncing like hell.

AMS2 V1.0.5.0 fixed any deadzone issues with my G25. Now the default FFB file with default 100/50/50/50 in-game settings produces predictable road feel and FFB effects without an annoying "nothing" around center.

Last edited:
Reactions: b)b
Also, I seem to be getting stuck on kerbs(like ACC before the 5 point tyres patch), specially the kerb at the exit of T2 on Nurb. If I go over it, the car doesn't come back and will sometimes spin trying to move out of it.
Some weird stuff with the sausage kerbs at Silverstone with the FReiza here too.
I like the FFB.
It's getting weirder by the day the fact that the FFB is so different across RF2, AMS2 and ACC though. Nothing against any of them.

-Porsche GT3 sounds amazing, a million times more realistic than ACC(which isn't close to reality to be honest). Feels like suspension is bugged.

Mixed feelings for now, Porsche GT3 was my favorite, even with the weird suspension bouncing like hell.
The sounds on all the new cars are very good, IMO. Although the Porsche GT3 sounds to me like it may have the relative volumes of the engine note and gear whine accidentally inverted. The gears are sounding louder than the engine to my ears.

Try the Cayman GT4. The bouncing of the Porsche GT3 won’t seem so bad after that. :)

The sounds on all the new cars are very good, IMO. Although the Porsche GT3 sounds to me like it may have the relative volumes of the engine note and gear whine accidentally inverted. The gears are sounding louder than the engine to my ears.

Try the Cayman GT4. The bouncing of the Porsche GT3 won’t seem so bad after that. :)
But that's how the car sounds in real life, the gear whine is extremely loud. Go check some onboard videos. ACC gets it completely wrong, the gear whine suddenly becomes loud at 6th only, and people think it's realistic lol.

And yea, the bouncing on the GT4 is even worse.

Ok i tried porsche cup more with ABS turned off.
Like @PickABetterUsername01 said sounds are good but suspension is bugged (too jumpy).
But more important thing is those 2 cars doesn't have any porsche cup's characteristics that i feel in rF2 or iRacing, at least I don't feel it.
Brake lock issues are still there, even with ABS on, AI is dumb as always.
More balancing updates are coming for sure.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 319 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing