AMS 2 | Nords & More Coming To Automobilista 2 Soon!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have taken to the internet to tease some very sweet looking new content heading to the simulation very soon...
  • AMS 2 update scheduled for October 30th.
  • Nürburgring Nordschleife joining the sim.
  • Several cars expected to be included in the update.
Yes, we are closing in on the end of the month and as such, the various development teams are hard at work bringing about the various new builds and updates to their simulation - of which Reiza apparently have quite the content drop scheduled for AMS 2.

The legendary Nürburgring Nordschleife will of course always headline any type of content release - just the sheer size of the track and its (rightful) legendary status within the racing community earn it that privilege, and doubtlessly the arrival of Nords will be the first thing most players give a run out when the track arrives in AMS 2 at the end of this month.

That said, Reiza Studios have also promised a number of new pieces of content as well as the usual sizeable game update with this next build, and if their Tweet above is anything to go by, expect some awesome cars thrown in for good measure too...

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

If you ever wondered if you are getting the most from your simulation, why not head over to the RaceDepartment AMS 2 Sub Forum and find out! Start a thread, and let the awesome community here at RD help you out!

AMS 2 Update 2.jpg

:cautious: is it a complete new version of the track or the one recycled from PCars ?
Reiza hasn't released a single track recycled from PCars. Some cars however are models from PCars, like the Ginettas, the Group A and M1 probably as well, and I suppose the GT3/4 cars will also be models from SMS... Reiza still does their physics and the car models from PCars are great so I dont have a problem with that, specially considering that when they use models from PCars Reiza releases that content for free.

As for the new update, Reiza, please, for the love of all things holy, don't release another update in the same unfinished and buggy state of the last one. A big part of the sim racing community seems to be already predisposed to hate on AMS 2 because of the engine used so if you release this highly popular and anticipated content in the same buggy state as last time it might be the final nail in the coffin for any hopes of AMS 2 ever becoming even remotely successful.

I'd say it's better to delay content a little bit and release something that will impress people than to keep your deadlines but release something so unfinished that will put everyone off.

Reiza hasn't released a single track recycled from PCars. Some cars however are models from PCars, like the Ginettas, the Group A and M1 probably as well, and I suppose the GT3/4 cars will also be models from SMS... Reiza still does their physics and the car models from PCars are great so I dont have a problem with that, specially considering that when they use models from PCars Reiza releases that content for free.

As for the new update, Reiza, please, for the love of all things holy, don't release another update in the same unfinished and buggy state of the last one. A big part of the sim racing community seems to be already predisposed to hate on AMS 2 because of the engine used so if you release this highly popular and anticipated content in the same buggy state as last time it might be the final nail in the coffin for any hopes of AMS 2 ever becoming even remotely successful.

I'd say it's better to delay content a little bit and release something that will impress people than to keep your deadlines but release something so unfinished that will put everyone off.
You're wrong.
The Azure track is from pCARS2. Thats why it has 3D trees.
All other tracks are converted from AMS1.
I don't think Nordschleife will be the pCARS2 version. That needs too much power, as of the 3D trees.

As someone who really isn't a fan of hotlapping, Nords doesn't get the same love from me as it seems to from many. I'm more interested in what cars they'll be adding, and if they can really race each other... unlike some of the previous new content.

As for the new update, Reiza, please, for the love of all things holy, don't release another update in the same unfinished and buggy state of the last one.
Absolutely 100% agree with this. If the patch isn't ready, please oh please just delay the release until it is. To hell with the tiny self-entitled minority who throw their toys out of the pram. The damage to the rep of both the sim and Reiza just isn't worth it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 400 40.0%