AMS 2 | Nords & More Coming To Automobilista 2 Soon!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have taken to the internet to tease some very sweet looking new content heading to the simulation very soon...
  • AMS 2 update scheduled for October 30th.
  • Nürburgring Nordschleife joining the sim.
  • Several cars expected to be included in the update.
Yes, we are closing in on the end of the month and as such, the various development teams are hard at work bringing about the various new builds and updates to their simulation - of which Reiza apparently have quite the content drop scheduled for AMS 2.

The legendary Nürburgring Nordschleife will of course always headline any type of content release - just the sheer size of the track and its (rightful) legendary status within the racing community earn it that privilege, and doubtlessly the arrival of Nords will be the first thing most players give a run out when the track arrives in AMS 2 at the end of this month.

That said, Reiza Studios have also promised a number of new pieces of content as well as the usual sizeable game update with this next build, and if their Tweet above is anything to go by, expect some awesome cars thrown in for good measure too...

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

If you ever wondered if you are getting the most from your simulation, why not head over to the RaceDepartment AMS 2 Sub Forum and find out! Start a thread, and let the awesome community here at RD help you out!

AMS 2 Update 2.jpg

• Deleted member 197115

I personally take fixed version of PCars2 content over all Brazilian tracks and cars in the world, I just can't associate them with the motorsport I know.

I personally take fixed version of PCars2 content over all Brazilian tracks and cars in the world, I just can't associate them with the motorsport I know.

I just fired up PC2 to refresh my memory, its been a long time since i've been on PC2.

I know AMS uses the same engine but its night and day difference in AMS's favour.

The handling / driving experience on PC2 is dire compared to AMS imo. AMS actually feels / behaves like a car does, PC2 is just odd in comparison.

I am looking forward to Nords arriving, plus more updates across the board.

Just shows how polarising games can be.

Just like the obscure mods in AC, the tracks in AMS and AMS2 are fantastic. Something new and a lot of them are great fun to race on.

*yes, as it has been pointed out to me via PM, I do some work for Reiza, so my views my be biased. That said, I had that view with AMS LONG before I started with Reiza.

Learning to go around Nordschleife is one of few things that I would love to do but never did, like learning to play piano properly at my age. So Nords is a cool thing to have even though I rarely touch it
I could never get past the first sector until one day back in pC2 days I tried to get the Porsche 917K world record and pushed and pushed until I had the record (as far as I know it's still top 10 all this time on) and now it's got to be my favourite track, I absolutely love it. Even got under 6 minutes in the VW ID electric whatever it is in the R3E challenge ;)
I hope Reiza version is as good as S397 version.

Edit: I just checked pC2 leaderboards and I'm 6th still :)

I had all but given up on AMS 2 because all the cars drive as poorly as all the ones in PC 2. Being the miser I am, I periodically re-download games to make sure they're truly crap. I really hate the idea of wasting my money on something worthless. Today I gave PC 2 another try, and I found one car that wasn't terrible: the Formula A. It wasn't biased heavily towards being too difficult or too forgiving, and it didn't have any weird handling quirks.

That was the only car.

There still aren't any like that in AMS 2. They're all still crap.

But now I know that it doesn't have to be that way forever. I'll keep watch, with the hope that Reiza will be able to make at least one decent car.
Well you just told me all I need to know about what you think is good and what's not, that Formula A would have to be one of the worst formula cars in any Sim and I've heard many other agree with me on this back when pC2 was trying to be relevant.

Long Beach
When Harry met Sally
Yes,yes ,yes

Last edited:
While I appreciate the track, I would have liked Reiza to hold on the number of cars and optimize what is already released.
Much of the current content is very good (as I'd expect from Reiza Studios) but some cars are just plain bad.
I drove the Lancer a few weeks back and it was absolutely horrible...indirect in steering and just lacking in every area.
I had a close associate who built and race-prepped Lancer models.
They're like extreme Karts for the road.
He had a rather wealthy client 'sink' $60k in a build a few years back.
That car dyno-ed at 628 hp @7200 and 495+ ft lbs of torque.
That car is extreme I know but the car in AMS2 exhibits nothing compared to that car or any other Lancer I have driven.
I know the guys will get around to fixing it eventually but with the release of every new car it just prolongs that.

So you are saying they are spot on with the Lancer ;). I kid, I kid. For me it is the Camaro that is really far off. However, IMO, most of the cars are really nice. For some reason most sims don't seem to get American Muscle cars right.

Let me know when that comes out ;).

I am there with you on the cars to an extent. However, some I have learned to really like a lot. For me it was about giving cars I had no clue existed a chance, and I am glad I did. Every sim has the same cars over and over with maybe the new model. Although I like that fine, I also like the difference AMS2 brings when it comes to car choices. I admit driving a VW Bug isn't my thing, and the plethora of ~100hp cars is not my cup of tea, but I just pass on those cars (Just like I do with the FIAT 500 in other sims) and go to some of the higher HP cars. When it comes to tracks AMS2 shines IMO. Although I love the tracks in most SIMs, some of the AMS2 Brazilian tracks (and other) are just brilliant.

BTW...If you look at my earlier AMS2 posts you will see I was really hard on the game. I have since come around, and have it second in hours played after ACC. Maybe a lot of others here will end up doing the same.

Last edited:
BTW...If you look at my earlier AMS2 posts you will see I was really hard on the game. I have since come around, and have it second in hours played after ACC. Maybe a lot of others here will end up doing the same.
I owned PC2 since day1 maybe, but I played it for maybe two hours in the first two years; I just couldn't stand that brownish stuff called ffb.
It's in 2020 when I last gave it a chance with a custom ffb (christian's something I think it was) that I started enjoying it. It's not that I played a lot as I've done with AC but I found some good combos I enjoy and I can finally feel the cars.

With AMS2 happened the same thing, I wasn't liking it in the first days of the EA but now I changed my mind. I'm not a blindfolded fanboy and if something finally makes me enjoy some good driving time... why not?

Should then happen a Capri Zakspeed (and some of its mates) at Road Atlanta...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 306 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.6%