AMS 2 | Nords & More Coming To Automobilista 2 Soon!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have taken to the internet to tease some very sweet looking new content heading to the simulation very soon...
  • AMS 2 update scheduled for October 30th.
  • Nürburgring Nordschleife joining the sim.
  • Several cars expected to be included in the update.
Yes, we are closing in on the end of the month and as such, the various development teams are hard at work bringing about the various new builds and updates to their simulation - of which Reiza apparently have quite the content drop scheduled for AMS 2.

The legendary Nürburgring Nordschleife will of course always headline any type of content release - just the sheer size of the track and its (rightful) legendary status within the racing community earn it that privilege, and doubtlessly the arrival of Nords will be the first thing most players give a run out when the track arrives in AMS 2 at the end of this month.

That said, Reiza Studios have also promised a number of new pieces of content as well as the usual sizeable game update with this next build, and if their Tweet above is anything to go by, expect some awesome cars thrown in for good measure too...

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

If you ever wondered if you are getting the most from your simulation, why not head over to the RaceDepartment AMS 2 Sub Forum and find out! Start a thread, and let the awesome community here at RD help you out!

AMS 2 Update 2.jpg

I had all but given up on AMS 2 because all the cars drive as poorly as all the ones in PC 2. Being the miser I am, I periodically re-download games to make sure they're truly crap. I really hate the idea of wasting my money on something worthless. Today I gave PC 2 another try, and I found one car that wasn't terrible: the Formula A. It wasn't biased heavily towards being too difficult or too forgiving, and it didn't have any weird handling quirks.

That was the only car.

There still aren't any like that in AMS 2. They're all still crap.

But now I know that it doesn't have to be that way forever. I'll keep watch, with the hope that Reiza will be able to make at least one decent car.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

That's the thing, I have reinstalled PCars 2 recently and not a surprise found it's much more polished with cars driving similarly or sometimes even better.
And the thing is that you can find decent and awful cars in both, so saying which one is better is really a toss depending on a specific model. But take two good ones and they are not worlds apart esp. with Christiaan's custom FFB. AMS2 default FFB just as PCars2 is pretty terrible comparing to community built profiles like NuScorpi Heavy Messing.
Someone was asking why PCars2 user base does not transition to AMS2, that's the reason, all they see is the same PCars2 just in unfinished, broken state with some additional weird content nobody heard of or wants to drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're wrong.
The Azure track is from pCARS2. Thats why it has 3D trees.
All other tracks are converted from AMS1.
I don't think Nordschleife will be the pCARS2 version. That needs too much power, as of the 3D trees.

It's more nuanced than that; they've been very open about it, but maybe only on the beta forum, I can't remember. But they have borrowed trackside/environmental pieces from many PC2 tracks even for tracks where they didn't just completely convert the PC2 version. No reason to remake buildings if there is already a high quality version.

But, to be clear for those that don't know, they have said from the start that their track surface creation method is different from SMS's so every track, even those where they use some PC2 assets, has a track surface created by Reiza.

It's more nuanced than that; they've been very open about it, but maybe only on the beta forum, I can't remember. But they have borrowed trackside/environmental pieces from many PC2 tracks even for tracks where they didn't just completely convert the PC2 version. No reason to remake buildings if there is already a high quality version.

But, to be clear for those that don't know, they have said from the start that their track surface creation method is different from SMS's so every track, even those where they use some PC2 assets, has a track surface created by Reiza.
This is pretty much key as AMS tracks always feel more alive with motion than most other sims. R3E is generally my go to sim but many of the track surfaces are as flat as a billiard table and rather dull. In AMS2 I do have to dial it back a bit on occasion though, driving historic open wheelers at the old Hockenheim circuit was causing my vision to blur in VR which is a bit too realistic for me.:)

But now I know that it doesn't have to be that way forever. I'll keep watch, with the hope that Reiza will be able to make at least one decent car.

In my opinion around 80% of cars in AMS2 work well and are enjoyable to drive, at least once you fix the admittedly poor default setups. If you think every single car is broken, I'm not sure what your expectations for a racing sim are or that any sim will ever meet them.

How come AMS2 participation is about 200 max at any time of the day and PCARS2 is about 1200-1400 at the same time if AMS2 builds on PCARS2 and is the sim that PCARS3 should have been?

How come McDonalds is so successful?
They clearly offer inferior mass produced fast food.

I don’t like McDonalds, but you can’t argue taste.

So pCars is McDonalds, actually that’s selling pCars short as it has qualities, but AMS 2 is better, as was AMS as was Stockcar Extreme etc, yet they do not have the same commercial success. Reiza develops a niche product with a growing mainstream component. Win win right.

Let Reiza do their thing, they build their reputation on dedicating themselves to that niche. They are like a sports / race car tuner, they rebuilt, they add, they improve, it does not matter what game engine they choose next - they’ll work their magic.

Last edited:
I had all but given up on AMS 2 because all the cars drive as poorly as all the ones in PC 2. Being the miser I am, I periodically re-download games to make sure they're truly crap. I really hate the idea of wasting my money on something worthless. Today I gave PC 2 another try, and I found one car that wasn't terrible: the Formula A. It wasn't biased heavily towards being too difficult or too forgiving, and it didn't have any weird handling quirks.

That was the only car.

Try F355 challenge

That was the only car.
Funnily enough, I'd say that there are a lot of cars better than the Formula A in PC2.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.4%