AMS 2 | Nords & More Coming To Automobilista 2 Soon!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have taken to the internet to tease some very sweet looking new content heading to the simulation very soon...
  • AMS 2 update scheduled for October 30th.
  • Nürburgring Nordschleife joining the sim.
  • Several cars expected to be included in the update.
Yes, we are closing in on the end of the month and as such, the various development teams are hard at work bringing about the various new builds and updates to their simulation - of which Reiza apparently have quite the content drop scheduled for AMS 2.

The legendary Nürburgring Nordschleife will of course always headline any type of content release - just the sheer size of the track and its (rightful) legendary status within the racing community earn it that privilege, and doubtlessly the arrival of Nords will be the first thing most players give a run out when the track arrives in AMS 2 at the end of this month.

That said, Reiza Studios have also promised a number of new pieces of content as well as the usual sizeable game update with this next build, and if their Tweet above is anything to go by, expect some awesome cars thrown in for good measure too...

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

If you ever wondered if you are getting the most from your simulation, why not head over to the RaceDepartment AMS 2 Sub Forum and find out! Start a thread, and let the awesome community here at RD help you out!

AMS 2 Update 2.jpg

Awesome news, finally get to drive the Nordschleife in AMS2, and although all other tracks in AMS2 are superb, Nords for me anyway is the track I most like to go for a drive / cruise on using manual H-pattern and clutch with any car in game :inlove::geek:....looking forward to that day.

Would like to think there may be a team mate for the Ginetta GT4...maybe a Porsche GT4;), whatever Reiza has decided I will be more than happy with :thumbsup::D

Although there are time frames / schedules to keep, the last update was suprising with it being slightly subpar, c'est la vie... .this did not worry me at the least as Reiza will always come through ;):cool: ....personally I am supporting Reiza and in it for the long haul :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reiza hasn't released a single track recycled from PCars. Some cars however are models from PCars, like the Ginettas, the Group A and M1 probably as well, and I suppose the GT3/4 cars will also be models from SMS... Reiza still does their physics and the car models from PCars are great so I dont have a problem with that, specially considering that when they use models from PCars Reiza releases that content for free.

As for the new update, Reiza, please, for the love of all things holy, don't release another update in the same unfinished and buggy state of the last one. A big part of the sim racing community seems to be already predisposed to hate on AMS 2 because of the engine used so if you release this highly popular and anticipated content in the same buggy state as last time it might be the final nail in the coffin for any hopes of AMS 2 ever becoming even remotely successful.

I'd say it's better to delay content a little bit and release something that will impress people than to keep your deadlines but release something so unfinished that will put everyone off.

While I agree that releasing unfinished updates is not a good idea especially for those who are quick to judge, I think that the damage to Reiza's reputation or AMS2 is a personal preference or ill informed statement made by a single or like minded enitity that do not know Reiza's work ethic.

...as for me personally, what Reiza's track record shows me, from the AMS1 beta days anyway is that their quality control will always prevail in the end :D....so I am not worried at the odd bump in the road ahead and in my eyes it will become a very successful SIM;)

Last edited:
While I agree that releasing unfinished updates is not a good idea especially for those who are quick to judge, I think that the damage to Reiza's reputation or AMS2 is a personal preference or ill informed statement made by a single or like minded enitity that do not know Reiza's work ethic.
I disagree. If all Reiza cares about is their current fanbase, and they have no interest in expanding it and drawing new people in, then fine. Release broken updates. You know, I know, and long-time Reiza fans know that issues will get fixed one way or another.

The thousands of people who haven't played much of Reiza's previous somewhat niche sims and don't really know who Reiza are will be judging them on AMS 2 and it's current status, whatever that may be. If they see broken patches being released, and if these broken patches are being publicised by sim-racing news feeds and forums, then that is going to make a bad impression on all of these people. We all know that, rightly or wrongly, first impressions do make a huge difference in the world. I think this is particularly important for AMS 2 given that it already has a "stigma" attached to it by some based on nothing more than it's design choices.

It may not matter to us if AMS 2 fails to gain popularity and sell well, but it certainly makes a difference to Reiza and their ability to expand the sim and create other sequels. Therefore, as a Reiza fan, I think they need to be more careful and exercise better quality control and judgement in future.

...as for me personally, what Reiza's track record shows me, from the AMS1 beta days anyway is that their quality control will always prevail in the end :D
Yeah but players like us, who read dev forums and patiently wait for patches and have faith in Reiza based on their past work are a minority, even more since Reiza sims have never had a big playerbase in the first place.

Reiza shouldn't think it's ok to release buggy updates just because a minority of guys like you and me are willing to put up with it and wait for fixes. They have to look at the big picture, and the fact is that the way things have been going with AMS 2, starting with the fact that it shouldn't even be considered v1.0 in the first placed, are doing nothing but damaging their reputation and attracting all kinds of criticism (most of it just trolling).

Last edited:
As someone who really isn't a fan of hotlapping, Nords doesn't get the same love from me as it seems to from many. I'm more interested in what cars they'll be adding, and if they can really race each other... unlike some of the previous new content.

Absolutely 100% agree with this. If the patch isn't ready, please oh please just delay the release until it is. To hell with the tiny self-entitled minority who throw their toys out of the pram. The damage to the rep of both the sim and Reiza just isn't worth it.

Totally agree. If there is to be a delay, please advise as soon as possible.

How come AMS2 participation is about 200 max at any time of the day and PCARS2 is about 1200-1400 at the same time if AMS2 builds on PCARS2 and is the sim that PCARS3 should have been?

Likely because it has less of the more popular content that Pcars 2 has. I think having GT3 and GT4 is the first step to bring people over.

At the moment, AMS 2 is more like a niche game with many types of weird cars.

Last edited:
Oh, it's not my cup of tea (I don't even like tea, LOL!) and I got my fill of it back in the SCGT days, but, the same as you, feel it needs to be in the game.

LA Canyons and SRP all day :laugh:

Although theres nothing wrong with Nordschleife... since acquiring a taste for colossal freeroam maps thanks to modders, I can't ever go back. The next sim I move on to will have to have that kind of support.

Oh, it's not my cup of tea (I don't even like tea, LOL!) and I got my fill of it back in the SCGT days, but, the same as you, feel it needs to be in the game.
Learning to go around Nordschleife is one of few things that I would love to do but never did, like learning to play piano properly at my age. So Nords is a cool thing to have even though I rarely touch it

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back