AMS 2 | Nords & More Coming To Automobilista 2 Soon!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have taken to the internet to tease some very sweet looking new content heading to the simulation very soon...
  • AMS 2 update scheduled for October 30th.
  • Nürburgring Nordschleife joining the sim.
  • Several cars expected to be included in the update.
Yes, we are closing in on the end of the month and as such, the various development teams are hard at work bringing about the various new builds and updates to their simulation - of which Reiza apparently have quite the content drop scheduled for AMS 2.

The legendary Nürburgring Nordschleife will of course always headline any type of content release - just the sheer size of the track and its (rightful) legendary status within the racing community earn it that privilege, and doubtlessly the arrival of Nords will be the first thing most players give a run out when the track arrives in AMS 2 at the end of this month.

That said, Reiza Studios have also promised a number of new pieces of content as well as the usual sizeable game update with this next build, and if their Tweet above is anything to go by, expect some awesome cars thrown in for good measure too...

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

If you ever wondered if you are getting the most from your simulation, why not head over to the RaceDepartment AMS 2 Sub Forum and find out! Start a thread, and let the awesome community here at RD help you out!

AMS 2 Update 2.jpg

• Deleted member 197115

I hope content inconsistency will not kill it just like PCars, as now I am afraid it's alarmingly close in that regard.

Last edited by a moderator:
If sim racers were more open-minded with content they would discover some really cool Brazilian cars on AMS2. The Stockcar 2020 are amazing, the Classic Cup is awesome, but my favorite is the Chevy Opala.

You guys have the same American-Europe combos over and over. This is a chance of expanding your racing knowledge and taste a little of our racing culture.

If you wanna enjoy how we do things around here, this is the full Brazilian Stock-Car race held at Velo-Città on October, 18th:
(race starts are 25min)

The Brazilian Stock Cars is a series that's been racing non-stop since 1979.
Here's some footage from 1979 to 1985:

Let's use sim racing as a way not only as entertainment or hobby but also as a way to know more about things we would never think they'd existed.

Last edited:
If sim racers were more open-minded with content they would discover some really cool Brazilian cars on AMS2. The Stockcar 2020 are amazing, the Classic Cup is awesome, but my favorite is the Chevy Opala.

You guys have the same American-Europe combos over and over. This is a chance of expanding your racing knowledge and taste a little of our racing culture.

If you wanna enjoy how we do things around here, this is the full Brazilian Stock-Car race held at Velo-Città on October, 18th:
(race starts are 25min)

The Brazilian Stock Cars is a series that's been racing non-stop since 1979.
Here's some footage from 1979 to 1985:

Let's use sim racing as a way not only as entertainment or hobby but also as a way to know more about things we would never think they'd existed.
Indeed....try the Opala at the old long version of Interlagos and try not to smile........

hi my fellow sim racers i have a question....

the VR optimization for AMS2 is it the same as what PC2 has im worried that my pc wont be able to run AMS2 in VR...as it runs PC2 just fine but not that great at running AC (with mods)

Apparently AMS2 is slightly less demanding than PC2 due to having 2D trees (compared to 3D in PC2) and the people in the crowds being more static. I could be wrong though about the trees being 2D as I haven't really noticed as they look good anyway when driving by - but that is what I've read. What I do know is AMS2 looks nicer than PC2 on my triples so if I'm right you should have better AMS2 visuals than PC2 in VR with better performance. I think...

Last edited:

Literally couldn't agree more with this. I'll never understand why people want the same cars and tracks in every single sim on the market. To me it's like having the exact same maps in every FPS game, or the exact same player characters in every RPG. That would be boring and pointless, and for me the same applies to racing sims. Reiza dare to be different, and I hope they keep doing that rather than getting too caught up in making this kind of pop-content we've seen elsewhere repeatedly.

the VR optimization for AMS2 is it the same as what PC2 has im worried that my pc wont be able to run AMS2 in VR
AMS 2 runs better for me in VR than PC 2 did by a decent margin. If in doubt, buy on Steam and give it a try. You get two hours of game time to try it out, and if it doesn't perform well on your system you can refund it.

I'll never understand why people want the same cars and tracks in every single sim on the market. To me it's like having the exact same maps in every FPS game, or the exact same player characters in every RPG. That would be boring and pointless, and for me the same applies to racing sims

Very interesting analogy, I also agree we need more difference in SIM, not always the exact same content again and again.

the main interest for me in AMS2, is the new content I do not already have in my other SIM.

One avenue that maybe AMS2 should explore more, are more depth in some different series. ACC is a good example on how a single series with (somehow) limited tracks selection can still be very interesting and popular.

I think too many SIM racer spend too much time trying to compare SIM a with SIM b.
In 2020, all SIM do a decent job simulating, with none a clear winner. it is much more fun taking the leap of faith and immerse in a well made series, pretend to be a real driver in a particular even or combo.

last thing I need in a SIM is yet an other GT3 at SPA, I am already covered on that front and so are everybody else in my book.

Last edited:
I'll never understand why people want the same cars and tracks in every single sim on the market
I agree, I still remember how excited I was when the STCC expansion was released for Race 07 and there were seven tracks I'd never heard of, ditto GSC. Don't get me wrong, I love plenty of the mainstream tracks but it's a joy to discover some great tracks from other parts of the motorsports world.

Hopefully they will officially licenses all the series that are already in the game and allow us to do offline championships with them. AFAIK, the P1/P2 classes, Copa Trucks, Copa Montanas, Sprint Race and Opala 79/86 already have mostly real liveries (with driver names) in the game, yet when you start a race with them the driver names are fictional/Reiza employees, wtf? Surely if you can put the driver names in the livery selection you can put them in the race?

Would love to do a multi-class season of Endurance Imperio Brasil.

Talking about the unique content of AMS2. Last month, since it was added, I decided to try the F3 Brazil Championship, and I ended up discovering some awesome Brazilian tracks (Santa Cruz do Sol, Velocità) and rediscovering others that I didn't know that they mixed so well with open wheelers (Goiana, Londrina). It was a really fun experience, even considering the limitations and some of the bugs that the championship mode still has in this game.

Anyway, I look forward for the GT cars. As I have them in the other sim games, I wasn't really eager about getting those cars in AMS2. But since I now spend most of my sim time in AMS2, why not to have them here as well. I mainly use AMS2 for open wheelers and prototypes, so let's see if that changes in the near future.

The Brazilian content in AMS 1 & 2 is a breath of fresh air. Those who don't try it are missing out on wonderful tracks and cars.

Ask yourself: what is the best T1 in motorsport? Most people will say Eau Rouge (technically it's not a T1, but humour me), Paddock Hill Bend, or maybe First Corner at Suzuka. Automobilista players will nod in agreement and add Cascavel's Bacião to the list.

Last edited:
I'm sure Paul will create a new thread for this soon, but the new Reiza blog confirms the following:

• 2015 Mercedes AMG GT3
  • 2019 BMW M6 GT3
  • 2016 Porsche 911 (991) GT3R
  • 2019 McLaren 720S GT3
  • 2016 Porsche Cayman (981) Clubsport MR
  • 2017 Chevrolet Camaro GT4
  • 2018 McLaren 570S GT4
  • Porsche 911 GT3 Cup

For this month and a Historic version of the Nurburgring for future (next year)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just saying that we haven't been testing some of these new cars, FFB and track for a few days and I'm not saying it's fantastic and absolutely epic to not be driving this content in AMS2 :cool: I wish I could say that the Porsche Cup is beyond expectations.....but I can't so wont and haven't :whistling:

I'm really glad you haven't had the chance to try all these things out and that they in no way meet or exceed your expectations in a number of ways. :thumbsup:

I'm more confident than ever about AMS 2 now, I think its the sim most people are looking for they just don't realise it yet. Already Reiza have done so much in terms of updates and improvements. That is the kind of continued progress you can expect going forward, the sim will always be improving.

They listen to the community, they acknowledge the criticisms, the explain their reasoning and they stick to their plan. Its really refreshing to feel so in the loop as an end user.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.7%