AMS 2 | New Previews Revealed: Lots Of Cars Heading To The Simulation

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have dropped a very nice couple of Twitter messages this evening, showing off some interesting content making its way to the simulation.
  • BMW M3 E30, Lotus 23, Mini Cooper 1965 confirmed.
  • Kart track updates in development.
  • Further content to be revealed.

Well, these are a nice surprise! Ahead of the usual end of month roadmap posting, Reiza Studios have revealed a bunch of new content is due to make its way into the simulation in the very near future - with the promise of yet more to come as part of the next build update.

Yes you've seen it right, the historic collection of cars is set to be expanded yet further with the inclusion of machinery from BMW, Lotus and Mini previewed within the tweet, potentially forming part of the upcoming touring car pack DLC that has previously been revealed by the studio.

As well as goodness from the world of old school racers, Reiza have also confirmed two of their kart venues will be heading into AMS 2 very soon, with work currently underway to bring the Buskerud and Speedland to the sim in the very near future, previews of which you can see below:

Sounds like a good month ahead for Automobilista 2 fans!

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Have answers? Want to chat about AMS 2 and don't know where to go? Worry not my friend, we have just the place for you! The Automobilista 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment welcomes you with open arms - come say hello!

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

Personally, I'm happy for sims to focus on different things. If I want to drive a Ferrari 488 GT3 at Monza, I'll just fire up AC. I don't need AMS2 to do that. I'll fire up AMS2 because I want to drive MCR 2000s at Cadwell Park, or Chevy Opalas at Ibarra, or Fuscas at Taruma, or Stock Cars at Velo Citta. Those are all compelling experiences that no other sim offers. It's cool to have the M3 because it exists in both AC and R3E and it will be interesting to compare the different approaches to simulation of the same car. The Mini should provide for great racing (as it does in AC) so really looking forward to that as well. As long as we get a full grid of liveries, a car that's fun and engaging to drive and race with, and AI/multiplayer that works well, the rest is not essential.
Exactly sir, If I want to race Clio Cup cars at Knockhill I use pCars2, and so on. That's why GTR2, GTL and Race 07 remain on my HD along with the more modern games because I still enjoy them and as far as I'm concerned that's my main reason for being in this hobby.

I agree with you both, why not use all our SIM for what they do best? Why is it always one or the other or the new one is the only one to be played. The new era is that, use the SIM that has, to you, the most appreciated content combo, to race what you fancy to race at that moment.
Enough of the constant b**lsh*t about sim a is so much superior to sim b, or this car is so much better. We are so fortunate all sim have great content combo we can have fun using, truly a golden age. No sim need to have it all, it only needs to have something good we can use.
I do not need the same freeking Ferrari GT3 at Spa in all my SIM, under the false pretence that it will be so much more better! but I will appreciate to try new content (to me) in VR.
Truth is all the game we (rd community) consider SIM are doing an outstanding job at simulating a lot of various content within the limitations of 2020 state of technology. Still 1 million miles away from reality but a ton of fun all the same.

Last edited:
Just as long as they don’t add GT3 cars, I’m happy. If I never drive another GT3 car, it’ll be too soon. They’re the most boring, generic, BOP’ed-into-oblivion class of car I’ve ever experienced. Additionally, every sim is loaded down with them already. We don’t need more of these things.

They need cars with character, like the fire-breathing 70s Trans Am, mid-70s Group 4, early 80s DRM/Group 5, late 80s GTO, early 90s DTM, Group C, ‘98 GT1, 2004 FIA GT.

These cars required skill and didn’t all drive (nearly) identically. They were full of character and, in a lot of cases, were downright quirky/weird. That’s why they’re legendary to this day.

Cars with both ABS and TC belong on a parking lot, not a racetrack.

FYI Update delayed unti Friday per Reiza's social media. The monthly dev update will follow on Monday.

Why am I not surprised!!!???. This tends to be customary for Reiza lately. If they would only advvise prior to the original upgrade date, there would not be a problem. But to continually stall and not advise is disappointing. Sure , we all want Reiaza to get it right, rather than rush an unfinished upgrade. Please do not say they wouldn't know prior (to advised upgrade date).

Come on "haters" - do your worst. Feel free.

Right, so before anyone has replied you've branded anyone who doesn't agree with you as a "hater". Very mature mate.

And no, I don't agree with you. What's the big deal? You're not paying for this update, you were not promised or guaranteed that it would be delivered on X date at X time, and your life doesn't depend on it. If you don't have the patience to just chill out and wait until the update is ready then that's your problem, not Reiza's. The sense of entitlement evident in your post is quite staggering.

Why am I not surprised!!!???. This tends to be customary for Reiza lately. If they would only advvise prior to the original upgrade date, there would not be a problem. But to continually stall and not advise is disappointing. Sure , we all want Reiaza to get it right, rather than rush an unfinished upgrade. Please do not say they wouldn't know prior (to advised upgrade date).

It’s 2 days!?

And you don’t even know what’s in it to miss it.

I’d love a set of patch notes or a bit of a sneak preview but I can wait a couple more days for them to polish it. And if they need more time, so be it, it’s not the end of the world.

Right, so before anyone has replied you've branded anyone who doesn't agree with you as a "hater". Very mature mate.

And no, I don't agree with you. What's the big deal? You're not paying for this update, you were not promised or guaranteed that it would be delivered on X date at X time, and your life doesn't depend on it. If you don't have the patience to just chill out and wait until the update is ready then that's your problem, not Reiza's. The sense of entitlement evident in your post is quite staggering.

Ouch!!! You have not disappointed.

If you actually read my comment. I was not complaining about delay, rather than to pre advise than wait until the very last moment.

Last edited:
Just as long as they don’t add GT3 cars, I’m happy. If I never drive another GT3 car, it’ll be too soon. They’re the most boring, generic, BOP’ed-into-oblivion class of car I’ve ever experienced. Additionally, every sim is loaded down with them already. We don’t need more of these things.

They need cars with character, like the fire-breathing 70s Trans Am, mid-70s Group 4, early 80s DRM/Group 5, late 80s GTO, early 90s DTM, Group C, ‘98 GT1, 2004 FIA GT.

These cars required skill and didn’t all drive (nearly) identically. They were full of character and, in a lot of cases, were downright quirky/weird. That’s why they’re legendary to this day.

Cars with both ABS and TC belong on a parking lot, not a racetrack.

I am actually becoming afraid that there is not enough people thinking like us, and it is kinda sad. I wrote something similar on rF2 forum, now that 488 came out. So many people praising this car as something special, the best car in all of the sims. Took it for a spin, I was like ok, ok it is automatic but i will manage. Almost mate to the 3rd lap on Nordsleife and just died of boredom. And now this 488 will just sit there along with other GT3 cars I have in rF2 never to be driven again.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back