AMS 2 | New Hotfix Update Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new hotfix update for Automobilista 2 has been released.
  • Additional content set to follow in the coming days.
  • Latest hotfix includes various bug fixes and tweaks.
  • Various AI speed updates.

When Reiza Studios released their V1.0.2.0 update for Automobilista back on Tuesday, the Brazilian studio teased another interesting new piece of content is set to following in the coming days - and although said day has not quite arrive yet, we do have a reasonably large hotfix update to enjoy while we await the latest content drop.

The new V1.0.2.1 update has been deployed to the simulation already, and should download automatically the next time players restart their Steam client.

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

V1.0.2.1 CHANGELOG:

• Adjusted range of allowed track limit warnings to 1-50
  • Multiplayer chatbox history no longer logs joins/leaves and limits history playback when switching page
  • Fixed session overview leaderboard not filling in Multiplayer session
  • Fixed incorrect text on pit strategy back buttons
  • Adjusted F-Vintage body aero lift (all models)
  • Fixed VW Truck crashing to desktop when loading
  • Adjusted Ultima & Camaro SS tyres (stiffer tyre sidewall, reduced a speed sensitivity, stiffer front ARB and springs) & AI tuning
  • Adjusted F-Reiza tyre tread (better retention of adhesive friction at speed)
  • Decreased AI defensive lateral movement range to reduce chances of weaving
  • Minor reduction of AI brake grip
  • Minor AI performance callibration pass for F-Vintage, Ultima & Camaro SS
  • Adjusted AI wet tyre grip for Formulas V12, V10 Gen1 & Gen2
  • Silverstone (all versions): General art passes & added remaining trackside objects (including period accurate 1975 pit building)
  • Hockenheim: fixed trees popping up in the horizon of 1977 version
  • Incremental AI speed adjustments at Imola 2019 - Chicane T11; Kansai - T11, T14, T16; Spielberg - T1, T2; Donington - Mcleans (T7); Goiania - Chicane entry; Kyalami - T13, T16; Oulton Int - chicane entry; Santa Cruz - chicane;, Taruma Chicane; Velopark - Last corner.
  • Camaro SS: Fixed tachometer
  • Brabham BT26A: Added front suspension animation & texture, material updates
  • F-V10 Gen1:- Added material to sidepod intakes

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Got questions? Have answers? Want to chat about AMS 2 and don't know where to go? Worry not my friend, we have just the place for you! The Automobilista 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment welcomes you with open arms - come say hello!

AMS 2 Middle.jpg

Last edited:
These developers and great, imo. I have supported with the purchase of the season pass, because if they develop one game over a long period of time, it is easily as valuable as a game being release 3 or more times with minor changes (and overhyped new features which are often useless).

One request, notice for track penalty doesn't need to stay in my face for too long - no need to rub it in that I made a mistake ;)

Has anyone else had an issue with adjusting the AI strength or choosing car liveries?

I've had very limited time to try AMS2, so I've no idea if there is some preset that locks the AI strength, but even if that was the case, that shouldn't affect choosing a livery.

It's been many updates, and the karts are still unusable in race weekend scenarios because of various bugs and physics problems (Karts breaking before even leaving the garage, tires literally exploding, brake temperatures going into invalid number territory). I get Reiza are a small team of developers, but this is the kind of thing I would have been okay with in early access. We're in v1.0 and beyond. This shouldn't be happening.

It's been many updates, and the karts are still unusable in race weekend scenarios because of various bugs and physics problems (Karts breaking before even leaving the garage, tires literally exploding, brake temperatures going into invalid number territory). I get Reiza are a small team of developers, but this is the kind of thing I would have been okay with in early access. We're in v1.0 and beyond. This shouldn't be happening.

karts works very well here, but for sure, they will fix these problems that you are facing as soon as they can.

I wanna a damn solid championship mode not more and more and more content. I have not enough time in 1 life to play all those content :confused: but at least i wanna start to play the game ..... you know already - no championship mode = no playtime :D
yeah. Right.
All content creators , graphic artists and other not coding people should stop working until coders have ended the work on championship modes.
GREAT IDEA. :thumbsup:

A request please guys. Instead of feeding trolls by responding to their comments with insults and retaliation, please use the Report button at the bottom left of their post. That flags the post to staff and we can then deal with it properly. Thanks.
that's fair, I'm sorry. but the question is why RD is filled with trolls, at least lately..I don't remember being like this in the past.

It feels not right creating DLCs and more and more before some "main/key" features are not ready. But its not Reiza only, nearly everybody do so today. But i must not find this good.

Generally speaking the community has indeed been patient and supportive of our efforts so far, and in turn there are things we can and have also been patient with - we haven´t charged existing users for the first DLC up to the point it was released - not an easy financial decision to make - because it seemed appropriate to balance out their support while the game was still going through growing pains; we also stuck with our Early Access pricing and not added the planned bump for the same reason.

Now we can´t, and have no reason to be patient or hold back releasing content for a couple of simple reasons: while you and others may not find a particular release worthwhile yet, or even have a negative reaction to a new DLC while the game still has work to be done elsewhere, fact is one doesn´t necessarily compete with the other; modellers and artists do their own thing, and we do have a large track team who are specially profficient - they can´t improve other parts of the game, and the work they are delivering now will have been comissioned months ago.

More importantly, other users do find valuable to have this content added to the game, and many loyal users who have already paid for it rightfully expect it to be delivered more or less to the schedule we proposed, and certainly when it´s ready.

So while you may be right DLC releases often create some level of negative reactions, by and large it isn´t a rational one as per the perspective above - we are even making the point of only releasing DLCs when the game itself receives a substantial update, to demonstrate one doesn´t necessarily compete with the other.

I feel sarkasm ;)

It feels not right creating DLCs and more and more before some "main/key" features are not ready. But its not Reiza only, nearly everybody do so today. But i must not find this good.
Yes, i understand what you want, but development team nowadays are splitted in many different special jobs like in any other producing companies. An artist mostly has no knowledge of writing some lines of code and programmers sometimes have the same skills like a 5 year old kid, if its on painting or CAD.
They work parallel, not serial. And if the framework is good enough, adding ready to use content created by the artists could be 10 minutes of coding, but the championship you want immediatly could last months until ready.
So not releasing content would not free any resource and accelerate anything on the functional part of the game.
Thats i wanted to point to.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 359 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing