AMS 2 | New Hotfix Release And Spa Standalone DLC Issues Resolved

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have deployed a new hotfix update for AMS 2 today, including further information about the current state of play for gamers awaiting to purchase the new Spa-Francorchamps track DLC.

Following on from the big V1.1.0 update deployed by Reiza Studios, apparently an issue with deployment of the new Spa-Francorchamps circuit for players who are looking to purchase the track as a standalone DLC has arisen, meaning those gamers who don't own either the Season Pass or Premium Track Pack are unable to purchase the content for themselves. While Reiza continue to investigate this with Valve, a new update has been deployed and statement on the current state of the DLC access.

Since deploying the build update noted below, it seems like the Steam issue has been resolved and the DLC is now available to purchase! Hurray!

V1.1.0.1 Update Notes:
  • Added International GT3, F-Classic Gen1, GT1 championships
  • Enabled multiple random weather slots in championship seasons
  • Disabled formation lap for championships ith rolling starts
  • Fixed FFB per vehicle adjustment in-session
  • Fixed FFB adjustment localization
  • Fixed Caterham tail lights not working in dark
  • Extensive Spa-Francorchamps art pass, performance improvements, object pop-up & wall hole fixes
  • Adjusted AI performance through various corners for better balance vs player
  • Slightly increased Bathurst AI Grip values
  • GT1 physics revisions: Adjusted engine compression curves & added throttle map for all models; adjusted default coast differential setting; Slightly improved Mclaren F1 GTR engine & center of gravity
  • P1 class physics revisions: corrected G58 weight distribution; added 10-15kg to AJR cars for better BoP accross class
  • GT1 AI callibration pass, GT3 AI rolling resistance adjustment to better match player straight speed
  • Adjusted roll bar rates in Group A cars (requires setup reset)
  • Greatly reduced values for AI simulated times when skipping session (logic appears to have been broken in one of the latter AI code changes so this is a paliative measure to help prevent AI doing much faster times when skipping session until bug is addressed)
  • Time Trial mode now includes all the latest content

AMS 2 - available now exclusively to PC.

Want to know more about the sim? Got a trick or tip to share with the community? Fire up a thread in the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and share that knowledge!

AMS 2.jpg

I love the fact that you can adjust ffb per car now. Got my DD1 set up perfect, and the ffb feels great now for all the cars I like to drive. Also loving the new car skin system. I got some good skin packs from the download section, and can race the V10 v1, and v2 with the 97, and 2001 seasons. The German Group A cars are a lot of fun too. I'd love to see some 60's sportscars in this, a Cobra Daytona coupe, and a Ferrari 250GTO would be sublime. This is rapidly becoming one of my favorite sims, and I use it as much as rF2, and AC now. Good work Reiza, and thanks for the hotfix. :)

Last edited:
I got some good skin packs from the download section, and can race the V10 v1, and v2 with the 97, and 2001 seasons. The German Group A cars are a lot of fun too. I'd love to see some 60's sportscars in this, a Cobra Daytona coupe, and a Ferrari 250GTO would be sublime. This is rapidly becoming one of my favorite sims, and I use it as much as rF2, and AC now. Good work Reiza, and thanks for the hotfix. :)

Like you, I really appreciate the new custom skins system and I'd like to thank all those members of RD who make them. I downloaded a few today and they are so much better than the rather boring Reiza skins (except the Stock Car Brazil ones, of course.) If anybody is listening, a pack of authentic liveries for the V8 Supercars would be great, thank you! :D

people on their forums seemed to have noticed some dif-lock/unlock niggles recently - they are working on this in beta the moment.

Another poster says its like skating on ice versus rolling properly in other sims.

An example of this would be the on-off acceleration on the diff,making turning not as predictable as you may like as the forces transition and power comes-on.

On some cars not all. And that the diff didn't work like it should some times. That settings may not alleviate the problem.

This could be your corner entry and exit problems.

You are trying to work around that problem, maybe? Well you could try downforce or adjusting clutch plates, and preload, but anything upsets the balance. I would try down force- ride height higher and suspension tuning.

1 click here or there - make is faster or slower suspension.

But at high loads the diff is integral to everything so we may have to wait.

Still excellent to play for me is the Ginetta and McClaren gt3, porche gt3s, rezia cars and prototypes. (p1) metal moro, mcr2000, etc. roco - wow. Others beside that many more, but the 3.8 porche is a fave of mine.

Take-away is that upon pushing some of these cars - that behavior which is itermittent and unpredictable when it arises - STOPS you from having those smooth transitions.

When the game does that and your entry and exit does not need to be 'shaped' by you/me/anyone doing control-steering tricks, it will be awesome.

Put on ACC and I bet you drive much better. Its not you.

I still place a fun-factor emphasis on this title, it is what it is. The new tire model seems great, and the cars have improved out of sight - now it seems its about being able to push the cars harder than ever.

This is the point i Wickedly quibbled with someone in there about

It's a non issue that stuff gets handled by high level protocol, not wonderment on forums.

But note how MUCH ACC does for you... Too much.

ACC pushed boundaries and so will AMS2.

But in the effort to get there, they have smoothed out the driving quite a bit. Hehe.

The cars in actuality need to be fought to keep on the road. Look at any video, do any circuit you like. ACC tries to put normal road ability and complicity into the sim... That's awesome but an important distinction..

Ams2 is immersive for a reason and that's not to say ACC is lame, just let's hope they don't try to bore things down.

Last edited:
Well, I’m happy to hear somebody is able to push these cars. I’m having a moderately frustrating time with them. At least with the Porsche and Mercedes. I haven’t really spent any time in the McLaren after determining it’s a second class citizen compared to the other two. I’m “Mr. Work-From-Defaults” though where setup is concerned so maybe that has a lot to do with it.

I’ve independently tried reducing the rear tyre pressures by 0.2 bar, reducing the rear ARB by one click, and dropping the TC down to 13%. None of these things helped. Three or four laps after the out lap the rear continues to feel like it’s lost a significant amount of grip. Between maybe five and seven laps, the odds are high I’ll spin if I attempt to push at all. Often corner exit but sometimes corner entry as well if I turn in more aggressively than ideal.

Any setup help is of course appreciated but overall I’m really just wondering of anyone else experiences similar behavior with the Mercedes and Porsche GT1s.
Increase diff preload to get them more stable on corner entry. Try 150nm.

It has nothing to do with the update, but does anyone know how to remove these aberrations in the glare of the windshield? In PC2 also happens ...
It looks much better on video, but I couldn't upload it ...

Attachments

• Auto2.jpg
    Auto2.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 164
It has nothing to do with the update, but does anyone know how to remove these aberrations in the glare of the windshield? In PC2 also happens ...
If the issue is related to taking a photo try advancing a frame or two. In general, the image appears to depict you are running low video settings overall (maybe it's just how it uploaded though) but you may want to adjust performance settings (I'm running mostly Ultra, 2K, MSAA High and no post AA) and see no such issue but then again I'm not paying much attention to it while driving. When I have taken photos they appear stunning. You may also want to play with the visual settings for Exterior/Interior Sun Flare.

Last edited:
Try external world chroma in graphics or performance.

I like being blinded at imola 7am, could be your fix. Maybe subtle is a better setting

Last edited:
It's interesting how people perceive things so differently. To me, ACC is MUCH more on the "numb" side compared to AMS2, RRRE, and rF2.
I'm glad that you recognized other people's opinions of FFB. Seems a rare thing and highly controversial these days.

On top of personal preference, it must have something to do with the gear we use too. IMO, on my DD1 and Clubsport V3's, ACC has the best FFB and handling by far. I can tell exactly what the car is doing, even without assists. Then I would say goes AC, rF2, RRRE, AMS2, PC2. AMS2 feels waaaaaay better with the recent updates, but like some others here have said, it still feels like PC2.

BTW, in ACC I still hate those weird 4-wheel slides the cars go into sometimes. And curbs are still a nightmare, especially on Imola.

Mod Edit: Post modified. There's no need to start a potential flame war by using derogatory terms to describe other opinions or the people that hold them.

Last edited by a moderator:
(not a presonal dig at you Jonny, you're just the latest to make the point)
I've never understood the desire to have a global ai setting that works perfectly on every single track. I know for a fact that I like some tracks and dislike others, I know that I'm better at some of the tracks I really like and better at some of the tracks I dislike....as humans we're not consistant ourselves. Even real racers have "bogey" tracks they just don't get on with. So I think it's reasonable to have to tweak the Ai to get the best race. It just makes more sense to me.

i.e. I set the Ai to give me a good race scrapping for top 10, but it's a track I'm crap at so I have to lower the Ai, same setting on a track I like and I'm fighting for the lead. So I adjust the Ai up. Although IMO to be more realistic the Ai should be set so that at someones best tracks they can win, then at a so so track they fight for top 10 and a track they're crap at they struggle. Even the Aliens will be more awesome at certain tracks than others.
It's a sim...so the AI should be equally talented at any track. We are not, but why confound that problem by also making the AI as unreliable as we are? That just makes the potential swing in necessary AI setting even larger. AMS (1) AI are equally talented at all tracks. Reiza is progressively getting there with AMS 2, but it's a ton of work and yes, there have been lots of distractions lately.

It's a sim...so the AI should be equally talented at any track. We are not, but why confound that problem by also making the AI as unreliable as we are? That just makes the potential swing in necessary AI setting even larger. AMS (1) AI are equally talented at all tracks. Reiza is progressively getting there with AMS 2, but it's a ton of work and yes, there have been lots of distractions lately.

Slightly missing my point, whereas I agree that games need the AIW (for want of a better term, but if you've editted old gmotor stuff you'll know what I mean) to be tweaked over time to iron out kinks, the issue of Ai "difficulty/talent" is impossible to quantify because we as humans are inconsistant, how can we judge unless we ourselves are consistant and exact on every track? I hope you understand what I mean.

If the issue is related to taking a photo try advancing a frame or two. In general, the image appears to depict you are running low video settings overall (maybe it's just how it uploaded though) but you may want to adjust performance settings (I'm running mostly Ultra, 2K, MSAA High and no post AA) and see no such issue but then again I'm not paying much attention to it while driving. When I have taken photos they appear stunning. You may also want to play with the visual settings for Exterior/Interior Sun Flare.

Thanks for resonder. It's not because of the photo, that's why I said it was better appreciated on video ... It's a dance of polygons on the brightness of the windshields. It spoils the reruns, really. I have tried different graphical settings, but I'll try yours, if my graph allows it ...

Like you, I really appreciate the new custom skins system and I'd like to thank all those members of RD who make them. I downloaded a few today and they are so much better than the rather boring Reiza skins (except the Stock Car Brazil ones, of course.) If anybody is listening, a pack of authentic liveries for the V8 Supercars would be great, thank you! :D

for the v8 supercars, have a look here. do not know, if these liveries are authentic, but you might give them a try:

Slightly missing my point, whereas I agree that games need the AIW (for want of a better term, but if you've editted old gmotor stuff you'll know what I mean) to be tweaked over time to iron out kinks, the issue of Ai "difficulty/talent" is impossible to quantify because we as humans are inconsistant, how can we judge unless we ourselves are consistant and exact on every track? I hope you understand what I mean.

We all have good tracks & bad tracks but that usually means a front running driver is only a top 6-8 driver at his worst track.The current AI is probably 1.0-1.5 sec slower sometimes from track to track.That is a lifetime in racing.Iracing AI is a lot more consistant but they have massive resources & are adding tracks at a slow pace due to the training of AI.

We all have good tracks & bad tracks but that usually means a front running driver is only a top 6-8 driver at his worst track.The current AI is probably 1.0-1.5 sec slower sometimes from track to track.That is a lifetime in racing.Iracing AI is a lot more consistant but they have massive resources & are adding tracks at a slow pace due to the training of AI.

I still think that's a presumption of time and not very scientific due to player inconsistancy, I can easily be 1-2 (or more) seconds slower or faster on different tracks. IMO the only scientific way to do it is for the Ai to match real world times at 100%. But then that would depend on the conditions in game matching the conditions the real time was set.

Ultimately aside from the actual game physics (and ffb!) Ai is the next hardest thing for a racing sim to pull off properly. I often feel very sorry for any devs reading forums!!

I may be being a bit harsh but whoever says AMS2 feels like PC2 is bananas. Be absolutely sure to delete the documents folder and you will see for yourself that they're miles parts in feel with AMS2 feeling 1000 times better. I mean, the track surfaces in PC2 are totally different, as in, totally lifeless so just on that both feel different to one another. Not speaking on memory of PC2 either - spent about 5 hrs this week trying the latest PC2 customers ffb files from RD and tbh PC2 still feels awkward to drive. A shame really as rest of the package is awesomely put together.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing