AMS 2 | New Hotfix Release And Spa Standalone DLC Issues Resolved

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have deployed a new hotfix update for AMS 2 today, including further information about the current state of play for gamers awaiting to purchase the new Spa-Francorchamps track DLC.

Following on from the big V1.1.0 update deployed by Reiza Studios, apparently an issue with deployment of the new Spa-Francorchamps circuit for players who are looking to purchase the track as a standalone DLC has arisen, meaning those gamers who don't own either the Season Pass or Premium Track Pack are unable to purchase the content for themselves. While Reiza continue to investigate this with Valve, a new update has been deployed and statement on the current state of the DLC access.

Since deploying the build update noted below, it seems like the Steam issue has been resolved and the DLC is now available to purchase! Hurray!

V1.1.0.1 Update Notes:
  • Added International GT3, F-Classic Gen1, GT1 championships
  • Enabled multiple random weather slots in championship seasons
  • Disabled formation lap for championships ith rolling starts
  • Fixed FFB per vehicle adjustment in-session
  • Fixed FFB adjustment localization
  • Fixed Caterham tail lights not working in dark
  • Extensive Spa-Francorchamps art pass, performance improvements, object pop-up & wall hole fixes
  • Adjusted AI performance through various corners for better balance vs player
  • Slightly increased Bathurst AI Grip values
  • GT1 physics revisions: Adjusted engine compression curves & added throttle map for all models; adjusted default coast differential setting; Slightly improved Mclaren F1 GTR engine & center of gravity
  • P1 class physics revisions: corrected G58 weight distribution; added 10-15kg to AJR cars for better BoP accross class
  • GT1 AI callibration pass, GT3 AI rolling resistance adjustment to better match player straight speed
  • Adjusted roll bar rates in Group A cars (requires setup reset)
  • Greatly reduced values for AI simulated times when skipping session (logic appears to have been broken in one of the latter AI code changes so this is a paliative measure to help prevent AI doing much faster times when skipping session until bug is addressed)
  • Time Trial mode now includes all the latest content

AMS 2 - available now exclusively to PC.

Want to know more about the sim? Got a trick or tip to share with the community? Fire up a thread in the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and share that knowledge!

AMS 2.jpg

I've checked the final version and tried championship with Bmw GT3, which missing the name of the championship in my pc. The car seem more stable than before, which didn't make unexpected slips like before. But unfortunately, when the rain started on the race, it reminded me the PC2. It was the only game which rain affects like ice and it is even difficult to go straight through water puddles. AMS2 is behaving exactly same with that. I've to complete the race mainly 1st and 2nd gear like AI cars.

At the second round, driving was fine and stable but because of heavy shaking I start feeling motion sickness after 20 minutes of game play. This is not common for everybody but if you feel motion sickness at FPS games, you will experience like me.

The best thing about this game is graphic quality, which is from madness engine.

The GT1 cars drive a billion times better now with this hotfix. I knew something was wrong with them from my first few laps when they were first added. You couldn't drive the car with confidence and it was so unpredictable. Now you can really wring their necks but they're still lively and dance around at the limit.
Well, I’m happy to hear somebody is able to push these cars. I’m having a moderately frustrating time with them. At least with the Porsche and Mercedes. I haven’t really spent any time in the McLaren after determining it’s a second class citizen compared to the other two. I’m “Mr. Work-From-Defaults” though where setup is concerned so maybe that has a lot to do with it.

I’ve independently tried reducing the rear tyre pressures by 0.2 bar, reducing the rear ARB by one click, and dropping the TC down to 13%. None of these things helped. Three or four laps after the out lap the rear continues to feel like it’s lost a significant amount of grip. Between maybe five and seven laps, the odds are high I’ll spin if I attempt to push at all. Often corner exit but sometimes corner entry as well if I turn in more aggressively than ideal.

Any setup help is of course appreciated but overall I’m really just wondering of anyone else experiences similar behavior with the Mercedes and Porsche GT1s.

Well, I’m happy to hear somebody is able to push these cars. I’m having a moderately frustrating time with them. At least with the Porsche and Mercedes. I haven’t really spent any time in the McLaren after determining it’s a second class citizen compared to the other two. I’m “Mr. Work-From-Defaults” though where setup is concerned so maybe that has a lot to do with it.

I’ve independently tried reducing the rear tyre pressures by 0.2 bar, reducing the rear ARB by one click, and dropping the TC down to 13%. None of these things helped. Three or four laps after the out lap the rear continues to feel like it’s lost a significant amount of grip. Between maybe five and seven laps, the odds are high I’ll spin if I attempt to push at all. Often corner exit but sometimes corner entry as well if I turn in more aggressively than ideal.

Any setup help is of course appreciated but overall I’m really just wondering of anyone else experiences similar behavior with the Mercedes and Porsche GT1s.

people on their forums seemed to have noticed some dif-lock/unlock niggles recently - they are working on this in beta the moment.

Another poster says its like skating on ice versus rolling properly in other sims.

An example of this would be the on-off acceleration on the diff,making turning not as predictable as you may like as the forces transition and power comes-on.

On some cars not all. And that the diff didn't work like it should some times. That settings may not alleviate the problem.

This could be your corner entry and exit problems.

You are trying to work around that problem, maybe? Well you could try downforce or adjusting clutch plates, and preload, but anything upsets the balance. I would try down force- ride height higher and suspension tuning.

1 click here or there - make is faster or slower suspension.

But at high loads the diff is integral to everything so we may have to wait.

Still excellent to play for me is the Ginetta and McClaren gt3, porche gt3s, rezia cars and prototypes. (p1) metal moro, mcr2000, etc. roco - wow. Others beside that many more, but the 3.8 porche is a fave of mine.

Take-away is that upon pushing some of these cars - that behavior which is itermittent and unpredictable when it arises - STOPS you from having those smooth transitions.

When the game does that and your entry and exit does not need to be 'shaped' by you/me/anyone doing control-steering tricks, it will be awesome.

Put on ACC and I bet you drive much better. Its not you.

I still place a fun-factor emphasis on this title, it is what it is. The new tire model seems great, and the cars have improved out of sight - now it seems its about being able to push the cars harder than ever.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more.... I've tried to set up ACC so that it feels like anything, other than a strong rubber band (when compared to AMS2 R3E and rF2). Of course, FFB "feel" is mostly opinion based anyway. To each his/her own and I'm just glad there are so many great sims to choose from!

Exactly my thoughts. Maybe ACC comes alive on high end wheels or something but until the point I lose grip, you're right, it feels like my OLD Thrustmaster, which was literally a bungee cord for tension.

Some pretty good improvements to the Ai but the game has the same problems with AI consistancy that PC2 had which means you setup a race at 95% and the rival cars match your pace,the next race at a different track you need 90% or 100% & have to try a few starts to get a good race.
(not a presonal dig at you Jonny, you're just the latest to make the point)
I've never understood the desire to have a global ai setting that works perfectly on every single track. I know for a fact that I like some tracks and dislike others, I know that I'm better at some of the tracks I really like and better at some of the tracks I dislike....as humans we're not consistant ourselves. Even real racers have "bogey" tracks they just don't get on with. So I think it's reasonable to have to tweak the Ai to get the best race. It just makes more sense to me.

i.e. I set the Ai to give me a good race scrapping for top 10, but it's a track I'm crap at so I have to lower the Ai, same setting on a track I like and I'm fighting for the lead. So I adjust the Ai up. Although IMO to be more realistic the Ai should be set so that at someones best tracks they can win, then at a so so track they fight for top 10 and a track they're crap at they struggle. Even the Aliens will be more awesome at certain tracks than others.

Last edited:
Firstly a huge thanks to Reiza. I've racked up more than a 1000 hrs on ACC, rF2 and AC and honestly, AMS2 takes the honours after about 50hrs. From the ffb to the physics to the immersion, it is unrivalled. Sounds though like we know needs some work.
A request to the devs: Please allow multiple championships to be competed in simultaneously, I don't want to grind one season in Stock cars for example while I also want to do some GT3 or whatever other championship. A save option per championship will be awesome.

Gave this a go this evening for the first time in a while...4hrs later driving the Porsche cup and I am really impressed with the improvements they have made.
The ffb feels great, excellent front end feel, load under braking and grip.

If they can improve on the audio and add some more effects live undercarriage, suspension and amazing Raceroom exhaust notes, along with some VR performance I'd be in sim heaven.

Truly looking forward to seeing how this title plays out.

Renato (Reiza boss) said on the beta forums yesterday that the Porsche cup cars due some further physics developments.

I love those cars in AMS2, so I’m excited to see where they go.

The impression I get from reading the devs posts is that there are 3 types of physics developments ongoing:

1. Fundamental game engine developments. Eg. As they learn more about the drivetrain or tyre physics models they can further tweak those universal parameters.

2. Specific car physics. Eg. They need to ensure the settings / data entered into the engine for each car is correct / satisfactory.

3. A.I logic

All of the above (and probably much more besides) all take time, so a lot of physics improvements should be coming.

The game is mighty fun already, but some cars definitely work better than others. patience is a virtue with regard to some of the less satisfying cars.

Personally, I find Reiza’s development rate to be really impressive, being part of this journey is very exciting and overall they are making a massive contribution to moving sim racing forward.

Last edited:
On one hand all hail to Reiza for bringing this update during the end of the year celebration, but on the other hand, they did all that in a day? Really? :O_o:
Any how, great that Reiza keeps improving the game that I enjoy, thank you.

Probably not in a day.
It takes a while to prepare for a release, unless it is a true emergency fix.

What is more likely is that after releasing an update for implementation at a certain date, they continued working to remove certain know issues - with a “hot fix”. Of course that hot fix can be combined with post release fixes of issues that were not known. This also fits in with what Reiza has shared about their release approach.

I am saying is that if a hot fix seems to be too big for such a short time period, it usually is because it really is too big for such a short time period.

Not saying that people can’t build sone amazing stuff in a relatively short period, but even small bug fixing take time, not necessarily to build, but also to test and implement. Last thing you want is your hot fix to make things worse after rushing your implementation. Emergency fixes might have you weigh some risks, but there are certain best practices, standards and policies for a reason. Even in gaming people have a long memory and f-ing up on something like privacy etc can ruin your reputation for the long run.

Not trying to detract from what Reiza are doing, nor the fact that they did all this at the end of the year.

...guess I should go back to work.

Last edited:
Renato (Reiza boss) said on the beta forums yesterday that the Porsche cup cars due some further physics developments.
Thank goodness.

I feel the diff issues have a lot to answer for with the way the cup cars handle but aside from that I still feel they're a little bouncy, whether it's suspension, tyres or both. That said, most cars are still able to get themselves into those oscillating hops if pushed too hard on certain turns/kerbs which can be a little off-putting at times.

It's taking shape though, certainly looking forward to the further fixes/polish over the next few months.

• Deleted member 963434

i dont know hows ffb cause same time update was released i checked different settings and now it feel very good, i think key is not to use 100 in wheel and lower gain in game, but lower max force in wheel and increase gain in game (thats the opposite what reiza suggesting btw)
but i know for sure tey improved (i mean it was good earlier but tey screwed it up wit previous updates) sound for bmw m6 gt3, that gearbox whine is back xd

Probably not in a day.
It takes a while to prepare for a release, unless it is a true emergency fix.

What is more likely is that after releasing an update for implementation at a certain date, they continued working to remove certain know issues - with a “hot fix”. Of course that hot fix can be combined with post release fixes of issues that were not known. This also fits in with what Reiza has shared about their release approach.

I am saying is that if a hot fix seems to be too big for such a short time period, it usually is because it really is too big for such a short time period.

Not saying that people can’t build sone amazing stuff in a relatively short period, but even small bug fixing take time, not necessarily to build, but also to test and implement. Last thing you want is your hot fix to make things worse after rushing your implementation. Emergency fixes might have you weigh some risks, but there are certain best practices, standards and policies for a reason. Even in gaming people have a long memory and f-ing up on something like privacy etc can ruin your reputation for the long run.

Not trying to detract from what Reiza are doing, nor the fact that they did all this at the end of the year.

...guess I should go back to work.
I was going to post something similar, but I wanted to keep the magic alive. :)

people on their forums seemed to have noticed some dif-lock/unlock niggles recently - they are working on this in beta the moment.

An example of this would be the on-off acceleration on the diff,making turning not as predictable as you may like as the forces transition and power comes-on.

On some cars not all. And that the diff didn't work like it should some times. That settings may not alleviate the problem.
I thought about trying changes to the diff. The thing is, the oversteer behavior I end up experiencing with the Porsche and Mercedes GT1s makes itself known from 3-5 laps after my out lap on a pretty consistent basis. If it was caused by the diff you would think the behavior would be there pretty much right away after leaving the pits. I say that based on the assumption that there's no such thing as "diff warm up" or other temperature related behavior to the differential in the game. I've just never seen such things mentioned and never really felt like it exists in any other AMS2 cars.

I thought about trying changes to the diff. The thing is, the oversteer behavior I end up experiencing with the Porsche and Mercedes GT1s makes itself known from 3-5 laps after my out lap on a pretty consistent basis. If it was caused by the diff you would think the behavior would be there pretty much right away after leaving the pits. I say that based on the assumption that there's no such thing as "diff warm up" or other temperature related behavior to the differential in the game. I've just never seen such things mentioned and never really felt like it exists in any other AMS2 cars.
What were your tire temperatures when the oversteer happened?

copt me plese inclduuing splling mstakes
What were your tire temperatures when the oversteer happened?
I don’t recall the exact numbers but I definitely have looked with the telemetry HUD view. I can say for sure that the temp numbers never vary by more than 4 or 5 degrees C max across the tread. Probably usually only 2 to 4. It just depends on what the preceding portions of track were like before I look. The inside is always the warmest though with the middle and outside being equal or a degree or so apart. To me, that is just as you would expect from negative camber and no over inflation or under inflation. Both the telemetry and “normal” HUD views always show the tyres still very much in a green shade.

copt me plese inclduuing splling mstakes

I don’t recall the exact numbers but I definitely have looked with the telemetry HUD view. I can say for sure that the temp numbers never vary by more than 4 or 5 degrees C max across the tread. Probably usually only 2 to 4. It just depends on what the preceding portions of track were like before I look. The inside is always the warmest though with the middle and outside being equal or a degree or so apart. To me, that is just as you would expect from negative camber and no over inflation or under inflation. Both the telemetry and “normal” HUD views always show the tyres still very much in a green shade.
Tires widget in "normal" HUD are useless as you say tires are always green, switch to telemetry HUD and monitor your temperatures, as I do not have the problems you mention I think you might be overheating you tires.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 79 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 64 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 5.9%
  • < 5 years