AMS 2 | New Hotfix Release And Spa Standalone DLC Issues Resolved

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have deployed a new hotfix update for AMS 2 today, including further information about the current state of play for gamers awaiting to purchase the new Spa-Francorchamps track DLC.

Following on from the big V1.1.0 update deployed by Reiza Studios, apparently an issue with deployment of the new Spa-Francorchamps circuit for players who are looking to purchase the track as a standalone DLC has arisen, meaning those gamers who don't own either the Season Pass or Premium Track Pack are unable to purchase the content for themselves. While Reiza continue to investigate this with Valve, a new update has been deployed and statement on the current state of the DLC access.

Since deploying the build update noted below, it seems like the Steam issue has been resolved and the DLC is now available to purchase! Hurray!

V1.1.0.1 Update Notes:
  • Added International GT3, F-Classic Gen1, GT1 championships
  • Enabled multiple random weather slots in championship seasons
  • Disabled formation lap for championships ith rolling starts
  • Fixed FFB per vehicle adjustment in-session
  • Fixed FFB adjustment localization
  • Fixed Caterham tail lights not working in dark
  • Extensive Spa-Francorchamps art pass, performance improvements, object pop-up & wall hole fixes
  • Adjusted AI performance through various corners for better balance vs player
  • Slightly increased Bathurst AI Grip values
  • GT1 physics revisions: Adjusted engine compression curves & added throttle map for all models; adjusted default coast differential setting; Slightly improved Mclaren F1 GTR engine & center of gravity
  • P1 class physics revisions: corrected G58 weight distribution; added 10-15kg to AJR cars for better BoP accross class
  • GT1 AI callibration pass, GT3 AI rolling resistance adjustment to better match player straight speed
  • Adjusted roll bar rates in Group A cars (requires setup reset)
  • Greatly reduced values for AI simulated times when skipping session (logic appears to have been broken in one of the latter AI code changes so this is a paliative measure to help prevent AI doing much faster times when skipping session until bug is addressed)
  • Time Trial mode now includes all the latest content

AMS 2 - available now exclusively to PC.

Want to know more about the sim? Got a trick or tip to share with the community? Fire up a thread in the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and share that knowledge!

AMS 2.jpg

That is literally the most recent video I could find, AMS2 crash footage is far and few inbetween. Are Reiza still urging players not to enable damage?
AMS2 and PCARS: Momentum doesnt work.
Assetto Corsa: Literally no damage model.
iRacing: Good damage but is basically a Rent-a-sim.
BeamNG.drive: Best damage but no content. I wish someone would add a BeamNG section to this site.

I understand where you're coming from. We all want a damage model like BeamNG but the reality is that even modern CPUs and GPUs probably wouldn't handle all these physics.

If you’re going to complain about the same thing in multiple threads, I think I can safely speak for some others in requesting the courtesy of a different post.

@Tarmac Terrorist that's the historic version of Spielberg.
Cheers mate! Im loving these historic tracks, can't wait for historic Spa! Gunna re-create the 1966 GP there, did same with RF2. Aint we having a great time right now! Apart from the big 19 of course!

I think this thread deserves a compact 'review' of impressions from a newcomer to AMS2 who just jumped on the bandwagon.

Ordered and installed the full season 2020-21 package, as I would not miss all the goods that has been talked about here on the site for so long.

Only having played AMS(1) very shortly years ago on an early beta-demo version, but played quite a lot of Reiza content with Stock Car Extreme (and several free mods) and especially Copa Petrobras de Marcas (just as stock) and finally got teased by the GT1 content teased about on this side.

Graphics:
Activating all eye candy I enjoyed rolling out at Bathurst and was certainly not dissapointed!
To me the impression/sensation is something like a mix of iRacing graphics and expecially an improved version of R3E, looking at both track surface, sky and sourroundings.
A quite different approch than Kunos, but I like it! Cannot say the one is better than the other, though SOL and CSP of course brings a lot to AC. I haven't yet checked for possible similar tools for AMS2 (if any?).

Only thing which annoys me, is the tyre temperature widget - why does it have to fill most of the screen?? Hope I've overseen a compact version just as the one in AC and ACC where I actually do full races with the far more compact tyre temperature widget activated constantly.

Simulation part:
Sim-wise I think I was expecting something like improved version of Copa Petrobras de Marcas, which as far as I remember have ancestors on the ISI engine and rFactor. I.e. think I expected feedback of something like the response in rF2.

But surely I forgot to read page 1 in the manual and didn't actually know (ignorance is bliss) that the base is the Madness engine. Which the product to my first impressions unfortunately suffers from :-(

Though, to me, it feels like an improved version of pCars2. But still don't know what to think of car behavior, especially speaking under breaking. Sometimes feels realistic and sometims like a bad version of pCars2. In some extend it helps (a bit) to set everything to 'Authentic' and ofcourse no Aids at all.

But I cannot run from that I sit back some sort of unredeemed. But at least its a big plus that FFB values can be changed with shortcuts while driving.

Maybe it's really down to mingling with the right FFB values and maybe some code editing (like iRacing break treshold values ) before you have the right sim feeling.

But, reading more reactions that the big update is a big improvement on the sim part, I'm thinking of what AMS2 was like before...??

Maybe I should add, that I'm still using my old G27 (pedal feedback is still very satisfying for me, now especially in rF2 and in older sims and FFB wheel strength is still more than just 'ok') so don't know whether a DD1/DD2 setup makes it better or worse here (?).

Menus:
OK, this is is certainly SMS stuff.
But I can live with that, Sub menus seems intuitive.

Performance:
Very good job. Setting all graphics to max. is putting quite less payload on my old 6th Gen Intel Core i5-6600T (35W TDP) and my Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ than doing similar with rF2, ACC, R3E and AC with latest CSP+SOL tweaks.

Though my first impression leaves me quite critical with negative feelings about the sim part, I will not rule out AMS2 with latest updates and fix. Not due to I've just payed €82 for the whole season package (I will never use time on a misinvestments if I feelt it was like that), but as I wrote before:

I think the job is on FFB scrutineering.

I'll return to AMS2 at a later time and read up on tweak tips for the FFB part.

Last edited:
I am having issues where if I return to the pits and try to leave again my FFB drops out , also happens when i go from say a practice session to a qualifying or even qualy to race. This is only resolved by shutting the game down and reopening. So maybe I will leave it another 6 months, hopefully there will be a fully working version by then.

It's interesting how people perceive things so differently. To me, ACC is MUCH more on the "numb" side compared to AMS2, RRRE, and rF2.
Couldn't agree more.... I've tried to set up ACC so that it feels like anything, other than a strong rubber band (when compared to AMS2 R3E and rF2). Of course, FFB "feel" is mostly opinion based anyway. To each his/her own and I'm just glad there are so many great sims to choose from!

OK maybe I was a bit too harsh in my first post here, just by the first hour of impression as a newcomer.
I think the clue was to max out the FFB-strength values in Logitech Profiler and more or less the same in AMS2 FFB menu.
And then I discovered AMS2 to be quite more FPS-sensitive to my old hardware than I've experienced in rF2, AC, ACC, R3E and iRacing. So scaling down resolution from 1920x1080 to 1280x720 and lowering a bit on texture filtering, track details, envoronment mapping, reflections, etc. but still mostly set to 'high'. This resulted in and FPS increase from 40-45 to 140-150. Driving out the M3 Sport at Nordschleife I had the impression of driving out in iRacing in 1920x1080 resolution. And the immertion of speed was much better.
But most important - the FFB sensation is much better now :)

Last edited:
Yesterday i started a Formula Classic championship with the first race starting with heavy rain in qualifying, managed to get place 20. Race started with heavy rain and fog, i had to restart like 6 or 7 times because i couldn't see anything at all. After the last restart i managed to do 14 out of the 17 laps (i set the race length to 20 oder 25%) till my fuel was gone, because i totally forgot to check the setup. :D Weather changed to the better and also the fog lifted at around lap 8 or 9, when my car came to a full stop without any fuel left it started to rain again a bit. FFB felt a bit better since my last tries but i am not 100% happy with it. I still miss some feel while braking and the feel of loading up the tires when going out of turns.

Some pretty good improvements to the Ai but the game has the same problems with AI consistancy that PC2 had which means you setup a race at 95% and the rival cars match your pace,the next race at a different track you need 90% or 100% & have to try a few starts to get a good race.
Some of the Brazilian touring cars like the Opala & Chevette are very realistic in terms of driving feel & the actual racing.
Bit disappointed with the other classic content.The MIni Cooper handles more like a Mini Cooper street or road car.Old racing Minis just dont suffer from the understeer that more modern FWD cars do.You flick the car into the corner with the brakes & create an oversteer slide(I used to race Mini7s).AMS2 Mini Cooper has way to much understeer.
The Lotus 23 is way to slow.The AMS2 car has 98HP when the Lotus 23B that races in historic racing now has 160HP+.A power upgrade & call it the Lotus 23B maybe.
Keep up the good work guys.

I have not read that something is not right with VR, so I guess it is just me, VR, on my gtx1080ti/cv1 used to be very good, but not any more, looks like the SS adjustment does not work. the inside of the McLaren F1 LM is very fuzzy. :(

Edit, issue solved, I did an integrity check, a few files were bad, all good now. :)

Last edited:
OK maybe I was a bit too harsh in my first post here, just by the first hour of impression as a newcomer.
I think the clue was to max out the FFB-strength values in Logitech Profiler and more or less the same in AMS2 FFB menu.
And then I discovered AMS2 to be quite more FPS-sensitive to my old hardware than I've experienced in rF2, AC, ACC, R3E and iRacing. So scaling down resolution from 1920x1080 to 1280x720 and lowering a bit on texture filtering, track details, envoronment mapping, reflections, etc. but still mostly set to 'high'. This resulted in and FPS increase from 40-45 to 140-150. Driving out the M3 Sport at Nordschleife I had the impression of driving out in iRacing in 1920x1080 resolution. And the immertion of speed was much better.
But most important - the FFB sensation is much better now :)
Check if you use MSAA for filtering, and not SMAA. The difference in antialiasing will be minimal (plus we've got few things that work only on msaa, like softer edges of foliage), but the difference in performance will be quite high.

The Lotus 23 is way to slow.The AMS2 car has 98HP when the Lotus 23B that races in historic racing now has 160HP+.A power upgrade & call it the Lotus 23B maybe.
There were many different engines fitted to the Lotus 23 from the factory, ranging from 750cc to 1500cc. The 1600cc motor didn't appear until the Lotus 23B.

By '65, privateers were fitting 2 liter and 2.5 liter motors.

Last edited:
I have not read that something is not right with VR, so I guess it is just me, VR, on my gtx1080ti/cv1 used to be very good, but not any more, looks like the SS adjustment does not work. the inside of the McLaren F1 LM is very fuzzy. :(
I honestly don't think the in-game SS for vr has ever worked. I've tried it several times and can't see any difference in visual quality. I've just stuck to steam SS

I honestly don't think the in-game SS for vr has ever worked. I've tried it several times and can't see any difference in visual quality. I've just stuck to steam SS
It used to work, and actually it is working for me now.
I did a game integrity check and I had a few files updated. I am now at 1.5 SS and back to the great AMS2 VR I had before the update.
One thing though, you need to restart AMS2 for any change to the SS to take effect.

The GT1 cars drive a billion times better now with this hotfix. I knew something was wrong with them from my first few laps when they were first added. You couldn't drive the car with confidence and it was so unpredictable. Now you can really wring their necks but they're still lively and dance around at the limit.

I understand where you're coming from. We all want a damage model like BeamNG but the reality is that even modern CPUs and GPUs probably wouldn't handle all these physics.
The PS5 and Xbox Series X have 16gb of GDDR6 memory, Someone ought to give it a try. Also can we have a BeamNG.drive section for this site?

Gave this a go this evening for the first time in a while...4hrs later driving the Porsche cup and I am really impressed with the improvements they have made.
The ffb feels great, excellent front end feel, load under braking and grip.

If they can improve on the audio and add some more effects live undercarriage, suspension and amazing Raceroom exhaust notes, along with some VR performance I'd be in sim heaven.

Truly looking forward to seeing how this title plays out.

Edit: to clarify I deleted my AMS2 profile in my documents and recalibrated my wheel. The thrustmaster profile...the new TX default lowers the ffb to 75 and the damper to 0. At those settings the cars were sliding every where, once I raised the damper to 50 and adjusted the per car ffb multiplier the cars behaved much better with tons of grip and body weight detail.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 309 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing