AMS 2 | New Hotfix Release And Spa Standalone DLC Issues Resolved

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios have deployed a new hotfix update for AMS 2 today, including further information about the current state of play for gamers awaiting to purchase the new Spa-Francorchamps track DLC.

Following on from the big V1.1.0 update deployed by Reiza Studios, apparently an issue with deployment of the new Spa-Francorchamps circuit for players who are looking to purchase the track as a standalone DLC has arisen, meaning those gamers who don't own either the Season Pass or Premium Track Pack are unable to purchase the content for themselves. While Reiza continue to investigate this with Valve, a new update has been deployed and statement on the current state of the DLC access.

Since deploying the build update noted below, it seems like the Steam issue has been resolved and the DLC is now available to purchase! Hurray!

V1.1.0.1 Update Notes:
  • Added International GT3, F-Classic Gen1, GT1 championships
  • Enabled multiple random weather slots in championship seasons
  • Disabled formation lap for championships ith rolling starts
  • Fixed FFB per vehicle adjustment in-session
  • Fixed FFB adjustment localization
  • Fixed Caterham tail lights not working in dark
  • Extensive Spa-Francorchamps art pass, performance improvements, object pop-up & wall hole fixes
  • Adjusted AI performance through various corners for better balance vs player
  • Slightly increased Bathurst AI Grip values
  • GT1 physics revisions: Adjusted engine compression curves & added throttle map for all models; adjusted default coast differential setting; Slightly improved Mclaren F1 GTR engine & center of gravity
  • P1 class physics revisions: corrected G58 weight distribution; added 10-15kg to AJR cars for better BoP accross class
  • GT1 AI callibration pass, GT3 AI rolling resistance adjustment to better match player straight speed
  • Adjusted roll bar rates in Group A cars (requires setup reset)
  • Greatly reduced values for AI simulated times when skipping session (logic appears to have been broken in one of the latter AI code changes so this is a paliative measure to help prevent AI doing much faster times when skipping session until bug is addressed)
  • Time Trial mode now includes all the latest content

AMS 2 - available now exclusively to PC.

Want to know more about the sim? Got a trick or tip to share with the community? Fire up a thread in the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and share that knowledge!

AMS 2.jpg

Just tried it again, so want to like it but I just don't it still feels pcars 2, a bit refined but otherwise dead, braking feel I hated in pcars 2 and it's exactly the same you drop the brakes turn in and have no idea wtf the rear end is doing I just feel disconnected from it, I really am glad people enjoy it and I will continue to check in but I feel spoiled by ACC. If kunos got GT1 oh my sweet lord! One more thing is the AI they are all over the place, too fast in some turns and too slow in others, since there is no competition element I see AI as fundamental to it being playable and it's nowhere near.

Edit, I changed breaking to braking and breaks to brakes because i will get buwwied.

Last edited:
Anyone with WMR (VR) notice a massive FPS loss with Overcast skies compared to Sunny? Identical settings, Grid size and grid position and yet I'm seeing up to 20fps loss, which is far too much, trying to determine if it's "me" or the game.

Test settings:
24AI, Mid Pack starting position, Ginetta G4 @ Brands GP
Sunny = rock solid 90fps
Overcast = 70-75fps

(no such loss in any other VR Sim)

Just tried it again, so want to like it but I just don't it still feels pcars 2, a bit refined but otherwise dead, breaking feel I hated in pcars 2 and it's exactly the same you drop the breaks turn in and have no idea wtf the rear end is doing I just feel disconnected from it, I really am glad people enjoy it and I will continue to check in but I feel spoiled by ACC. If kunos got GT1 oh my sweet lord! One more thing is the AI they are all over the place, too fast in some turns and too slow in others, since there is no competition element I see AI as fundamental to it being playable and it's nowhere near.
Brakes just saying brakes.
They will work better if you spell it correctly.;)

Last edited:
These guys are on the case, amazing work ethos! well done to them.

Some of the cars are superb, some still need lots of work IMO.

Spa is well done, although, i dont know why people rave about this track.

Im clearly a shite driver, as i cant handle the McLaren F1 road car at all, also im not to hot in the GT1s. The GT1's feel not quite finished imo, some of their behaviour wasn't expected, but maybe that's because im not very good.

Even so, with this constant stream of improvements, im sure in 12 months this sim is going to be tight and on point.

Still my fav cars are the older 90's F1 cars, they are great fun to drive.

Just tried it again, so want to like it but I just don't it still feels pcars 2, a bit refined but otherwise dead, breaking feel I hated in pcars 2 and it's exactly the same you drop the breaks turn in and have no idea wtf the rear end is doing I just feel disconnected from it, I really am glad people enjoy it and I will continue to check in but I feel spoiled by ACC. If kunos got GT1 oh my sweet lord! One more thing is the AI they are all over the place, too fast in some turns and too slow in others, since there is no competition element I see AI as fundamental to it being playable and it's nowhere near.

It's interesting how people perceive things so differently. To me, ACC is MUCH more on the "numb" side compared to AMS2, RRRE, and rF2.

Anyone with WMR (VR) notice a massive FPS loss with Overcast skies compared to Sunny? Identical settings, Grid size and grid position and yet I'm seeing up to 20fps loss, which is far too much, trying to determine if it's "me" or the game.

Test settings:
24AI, Mid Pack starting position, Ginetta G4 @ Brands GP
Sunny = rock solid 90fps
Overcast = 70-75fps

(no such loss in any other VR Sim)
It happens in non vr as well

I have a love/hate relationship with this game. I really love the brazilian content, which is what I play the most, my favorite car is the stock car 2019 I think Reiza really nailed that one. Most of the content however I still find a bit inconsistent to be honest.
Man, should the Mclaren F1 LM drive like that is real life?? The car is so sensitive, sliding all over the place, a real strugle to keep on track.

I'm not super fan of the over the top driving of AMS2, I still prefer the driving approach provided by ACC.

I have a love/hate relationship with this game. I really love the brazilian content, which is what I play the most, my favorite car is the stock car 2019 I think Reiza really nailed that one. Most of the content however I still find a bit inconsistent to be honest.
Man, should the Mclaren F1 LM drive like that is real life?? The car is so sensitive, sliding all over the place, a real strugle to keep on track.

I'm not super fan of the over the top driving of AMS2, I still prefer the driving approach provided by ACC.
nrm_1422051708-mrbean.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing