AMS 2 | Loads Of New Content And Latest Update Deployed

I know we are getting GT3 and GT4, which is fine and I will enjoy (just hope we get more than one or two makes in each class). What I think would be awesome for Reiza, since having obscure stuff is kind of their thing, is to have the Super GT license. The GT500 and GT300 (essentially GT3's) would be a nice get and no other sim really has them out side of I think one car in Rf2. Having the other Japanese tracks would be great too.

SuperGT licence would be very expensive I believe. Hence no-one ever has it.

re: GTs, expect somewhere between 2 and 4 cars (BMW, Mercedes, Porsche and one other), so another class without huge depth to it but at least this one will have some variation:

Restarted using AMS2 lately (I needed a break from AC and its CSP related crashes...) and I'm liking it more and more.
There's one thing though that I can't fix: the head motion makes me feel sick (VR user here) in ten minutes while I can play AC for hours. Lock to horizon or to car and the steps in between don't help me fix it.

I agree with the ones who reported about the AI level being very different from car to car. I have to go from 90% to 120% depending on the car; a slider in the pre-race page would surely help.
I guess I am just loosing my mind, but it seems better to me. Maybe I am just much more resistant to VR motion sick less now. But the head shaking issue in VR seems improved some to me?. I dont have any before and after videos so maybe it is a placebo.

Thanks for the head movement fix. I can now play without having headaches. That is the only positive thing I can say. I was in love with the driving and handling from version 1.0 but after updates its gone backwards. Yes I did a new profile as recommended. It lost the good feeling so that sucks.

The game as a whole is still a beta. We have been here before with ACC. Games getting released way early before they are ready for the public. It then becomes a cycle of adding content free/paid and bug fixes that never end, rather than focus on getting the fundamentals right. As a result, the game will never reach its full potential.

Content wise....sure thanks, but one/two car classes do not work for me. I see one or two official liveries but the rest is the usual generic stuff. This is one area PC2/RaceRoom are very strong at. You have a field of true teams. There is no authentic feeling with this game. Yes I appreciate that Reiza Studios works hard but, AMS 2 = PC2 Lite.

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Staff
Premium
But the head shaking issue in VR seems improved some to me?
It's no different so it seems you're feeling a placebo effect. I never had a big issue with it myself, but in some car/track combos it is far more obvious than others. It's never made me feel sick as I'm pretty VR-resistant, but it does make the track very hard to focus on sometimes. F-V12 at historic Hockenheimring I had to lock the view much more to the world just to see the corners I was approaching.

Last edited:

re: GTs, expect somewhere between 2 and 4 cars (BMW, Mercedes, Porsche and one other), so another class without huge depth to it but at least this one will have some variation:

I believe they are licensing GT3 and GT4 cars through the Brazilian Endurance series so we will not have a full field of GT3s. iirc, they have Mercedes, Ferrari, Porsche, Audi and BMW (?) represented so we might get those (though ferrari licensing fees are expensive). Good news is that the cars are unrestricted so if you want to see how fast GT3s can get, this is probably the sim to do it :)

GOV47

Premium

Do you know it is more expensive than other licenses as a fact or just speculating? Just curious. Wouldn't figure it would be any more expensive than some of the other licenses, but maybe so.

Only having 3-4 cars is disappointing, especially since there are so many different makes in those divisions. (GT3 GT4). Being based on the Brazil series makes more sense in that regard though. Oh well.

Do you know it is more expensive than other licenses as a fact or just speculating? Just curious. Wouldn't figure it would be any more expensive than some of the other licenses, but maybe so.

Only having 3-4 cars is disappointing, especially since there are so many different makes in those divisions. (GT3 GT4). Being based on the Brazil series makes more sense in that regard though. Oh well.

Complete speculation (hence "I believe"), so I could be completely wrong!

That's based on the fact those cars rarely show up and we've never heard anything from their license despite it being commonly requested by players of lots of games.

The stupid thing is, I think the last time the series was licenced in a mainstream title was Gran Turismo 2, and that game isn’t probably a huge part in why the series is even known internationally.

I say ‘mainstream’ because the licence was acquired by Sega for an arcade game (built in UE4) but no idea what to make of it: https://swdc.sega.jp/ Obviously, I’ve no idea how exclusive that is.

Personally, I don’t think there will be much connection between the GT3 cars they will include and the Brasil Endurance championship, my guess is BMW and Mercedes (semi-confirmed in the June blog) and maybe Porsche (that we’ve seen a screenshot of the old 2016 GT3R) and McLaren (as there are multiple known McLaren models agreed anyway). Again, just guessing.

Last edited:

Andrew_WOT

Premium
I think it was a brilliant move from Kunos, same manufacturer cars from different eras.
But I can see how building heterogeneous balanced grid could be an issue, but not all cars in these DLCs were racing cars either, still wonderful for roaming open road circuits like LAC with AI traffic or some fun racing with cars of similar P/W ratio.

Last edited:
Sweden
Just thinking out loud: try disabling vsync in game and enable a frame limiter to 60 fps to see if it's the ingame vsync setting. If your graphics card is able to hold 60 fps, you will be always in the right zone of your monitor so no tearing, no stuttering.

For testing purposes I mean.
Not true my friend. I have games where the FPS is well above 60FPS and if i limit to 60 and turn off vsync i always have tearing. Always.
The 'stuttter' is not a frame issue, it is the game itself since the new head movement.
Maybe some people aren't as triggered by it it, but its there.
Smooth as butter before this update.
Just feels so off, is it too much to ask for a setting to not have the dash board moving up and down?

If you play with a wheel, remove in game virtual wheel and TV close to the FFB wheel it breaks all emersion to see a dash board going crazy over bumps...

I get that controller users and ones who don't use the non virtual wheel set up won't be affected but there must be others who do surely?
It should go down and up a little bit simulating you being pushed down into the seat when going uphill and down a bit when coming over a crest as your body moves up a bit. You are not stuck in the seat with glue hehe.

Andrew_WOT

Premium
For folks waiting for GT3/GT4 DLC, have you tried Ginetta GT4 in AMS2 and ACC?
E30 in AMS2 vs AC or even R3E is also quite revealing comparison.

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Staff
Premium
... have you tried Ginetta GT4 in AMS2 and ACC?
No, but they're slightly different cars. ACC has the more powerful Ginetta GT4 for GT4 racing, AMS 2 has the Ginetta GT4 Supercup for single-make racing. Similar car, but they'll feel different even if they were in the same sim.

E30 in AMS2 vs AC or even R3E is also quite revealing comparison.
In my humble opinion, the DTM `92s in R3E kick seven shades of excrement out of their AMS 2 counterparts in every department.

safi hellie

@Simberia
Only fair that i come on to say since i sorted the locked horizon and had another fiddle with FFB settings.....i am putting some time into this now...the modern Mini is brilliant and the M1 procar sublime.