• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

AMS 2 | July Roadmap Confirms New F1 Cars, Mercedes And Lots More

Goffik

A legend in my own mind...
Staff member
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
All AI in all sims are good , People just need to learn to drive under different types of crazy driver .
I'm sorry, but you must play a very limited selection of sims and have very low expectations to make that statement. Plenty of sims over the years have had very poor AI, and currently AMS 2 is one of them. Learning to adapt to the AIs flaws does not make the AI "good". It has nothing to do with how we drive in real life, because in real life racing drivers can go door-to-door without being guaranteed to ram each other off the track for no reason.

As an aside, I think people need to get on with playing the sim and enjoying it for themselves, rather than staring at graphs...

Mike Kadlcak

100RPM
Jul 23, 2015
I wish for more AC AI type of things... in AC you can have a door to door pass over 3-5 turns side by side in Mugello. I like it when the AI stays on the outside or inside and doesn't just give it up or pushes you to the grass.

I dont want & need any "of this generations F1 drivers as AI" who block the inside line for P9 or what ever position that is. Thats just stupid and would not represent the historic content anyway. :p

I miss the clean racing era.

Jan 10, 2018
I feel AMS2 AI is having the exact same issues Pcars2 had...and for me personally this isn't the only thing they inherited from the Madness Engine, I still place AMS1 miles ahead of AMS2, ffb, physics, AI...all apart graphics, which for me is the last concern for any racing sim.
AMS1 is also moddable, so...

Last edited:

Damage Inc

1000RPM
Nov 22, 2013
Loving the game so far, sure it's got some rough edges and I think Reiza's plans got hit hard with the Covid19 situation. But fair play they're cracking on and it's looking really good. Real shame about the player numbers though. Then again I think the market is a bit too flooded, my sim cup overfloweth!

Wayne Hutchison

100RPM
Premium
Sep 30, 2018
This is a pretty good representation of participation in the various sims over the course of a week. AMS2 is almost a flat line at the bottom of the graph right now. Will it increase over time? Hopefully. Will it ever have the participation of AC or iR? Probably not. Note: each horizontal line on the graph is 1000 users.

Attachments

dcully

250RPM
Jun 22, 2008
I feel AMS2 AI is having the exact same issues Pcars2 had...and for me personally this isn't the only thing they inherited from the Madness Engine, I still place AMS1 miles ahead of AMS2, ffb, physics, AI...all apart graphics, which for me is the last concern for any racing sim.
AMS1 is also moddable, so...

AMS2 feels nothing like pcars2 to me, i hate pcars and love ams2.

BorisK

75RPM
Dec 13, 2010
This is a pretty good representation of participation in the various sims over the course of a week. AMS2 is almost a flat line at the bottom of the graph right now. Will it increase over time? Hopefully. Will it ever have the participation of AC or iR? Probably not. Note: each horizontal line on the graph is 1000 users.

But this is more than GRID :) (Ams is blue)

1596295735601.png

Reactions: François Strat

davoroni

25RPM
May 1, 2013
i havent tried on line, but as the interface i have is through steam, i don't know how matching works.
i like it, i am a big fan of CopaTruck and it is a blast, so tense.
AMS2 has really capitalized on the engine, it seems like each mod could be spun off as a game in itself though. unless the career mode implemented will go from the bottom to f1 or what ever series you deem the top

groove200

100RPM
Premium
Dec 21, 2019
I do love a good graph and the analysis that can go with it I run some similar ones up earlier and what was interesting is just how many people play Project Cars2 daily compared to all the ‘proper’ sims ( iRacing excluded as those stats arn’t really indicative on Steam ) ..... kinda backs up SMS’s decision to go more In that direction for the £$’s for PC3 .I think it’s easy to forget just how niche our hobby is when you are inside the bubble .

I really hope the income Reiza are getting is enough to keep this alive for the long term (insert fingers crossed emoji here )

Reactions: mr.four

Trebor901

2000RPM
Aug 10, 2007
Wow......even more content coming that was already in pcars2 which has clearly been iincluded in the licence when purchasing Madness engine......really does have the pcars2 feel about it and it puts me off completely as its not really anything new.

Before people start slating my opinion drive a formula v10 into a gravel trap and watch it bounce around completely unrealistically or spin into a barrier and watch it bounce up onto its side with more rigidity than a tree falling over.

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
May 21, 2013
AMS2 feels nothing like pcars2 to me, i hate pcars and love ams2.
I agree, like you I have PCars2 and AMS2 in my library. AMS2 and PCars2 do not drive the same and the FFB feels different. Which kind of demonstrate that the SMS engine has potential.

Since you already bought Pcars2 and now know that the engine can be better, my recommendation is to use Christiaan's Pure Force Feedback V2.0 beta file in PCars2,it takes literally minutes to download and install. Nothing to adjust beside gain. For me it made PCars2 very enjoyable. Details

Try the Formula Renault at the track of your choice. What do you have to loose, beside a few minutes. Their is a lot of nice tracks to drive or race in PCars2, once you have FFB under conttrol

Reactions: mr.four

daveclifton

25RPM
Jun 19, 2019
The only thing that I didn't like about AMS was the graphics. AMS2 is shaping up to be the greatest sim. Reiza were brave to make the move to the unreal platform, but it is proving to be an inspired move.

Ruy Horta

250RPM
Feb 17, 2014
Silly graphs.

Globally a lot more people go to McDonalds and the like instead of some quality South American Grill, preferring their industrially produced and flavored Big XXX with diet coke over a tasty Brazilian Skirt Steak with Argentinian or Chilean red wine.

...and I’ll take some Chimichurri with that!

Kurupt CDN

DirtT Tuned Motorsports
Premium
Jul 18, 2012
Great to hear some german cars are coming, tho I would have been even more excited for Audi and Porsche....hopefully, they will make it in the future.

Looking forward to the tracks but admittingly don't really care for any more F1 cars, so hopefully, I can purchase the track by itself.

Looking forward to the next update!