AMS 2 | Hotfix 1.0.4.1 Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios recently deployed a new hotfix update to their Automobilista 2 racing simulation.
  • Physics updates to new cars.
  • Various vehicle and track tweaks.
  • Multiple smaller adjustments.
In recent days Reiza Studios have deployed another new hotfix update to their latest Automobilista 2 build, and with it comes a nice selection of changes and improvements as the Brazilian team continue to work hard improving this popular game.

V1.0.4.1 CHANGELOG:

GENERAL

• Fixed camera jittering when in low head movement slider values
  • Fixed Time Trial leaderboards for BMW M1 Procar
UI & HUD
  • Fixed hover activation states on new Championship screen
  • Fixed incorrect vehicle information for cars added in v1.0.4.0
PHYSICS & AI
  • Revised physics & fixed various issues in initial release of M1 Procar, Group A, Mini JCW, Mini Austin 1965 & Lotus 23
  • Adjusted Group A & Procar tyre tread
  • Increased engine rev band for Group A cars to avoid triggering overreving bug
  • Fixed default tyre selection errors for Lotus 23, Mini 1965, Mini 2020
  • Adjusted engine inertia for Group A cars, Mini JCW 2020, Lancer R & RS, Puma P052
  • Revised Lotus 23 suspension geometry & fixed tire diameter
  • Callibrated AI for new series
AUDIO
  • Fixed bug with news car sounds overwhelming system and cutting off certain effects
TRACKS
  • Imola: Fixed broken pit door collision for door 8,9,10 (garage 15-20); Max AI participants changed from 29 to 31
  • Adelaide: Minor art & performance pass
  • Azure: Added "cheatblock" to pit lane track cut mesh.
  • Bathurst: Attempted fix to floating groove in the Cutting
  • Cascavel: Minor Art Pass; Updated AI paths
  • Added VR Cams for Cascais & Jerez
VEHICLES
  • Lotus 23: various graphical updates & fxies
  • Mini JCW 2020: fixed bonnet issue; updated liveries(removed plates and fixed numbers font)
  • Ultima Race: added dirt / damage effects + Dangling damaged parts
  • Stock Car 2020: Update Cruze liveries; added new Windshield banner
  • Corrected onboard camera positions for Lotus 23, Mini Austin 1965 & Mini JCW 2020
  • F3 (F309) - Revised and updated liveries for the whole grid including 4 new community skins
  • Added MetalMoro AJR Dirt/Damage effects + Detachable parts (all versions)
Original Source; Reiza Studios

Automobilista 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

If you ever wondered if you are getting the most from your simulation, why not head over to the RaceDepartment AMS 2 Sub Forum and find out! Start a thread, and let the awesome community here at RD help you out!

AMS 2 Update Footer.jpg

AMS 2 Middle.jpg

This game has been a broken mess since release and i don't understand why there are so many people who defend this game when all it takes is a little bit of critical thinking to see how bad AMS2 really is.
Probably because, while it lacks certain features and still needs a lot of work, it isn't a "broken mess" at all, and can still be enjoyed by plenty who don't resort to gross overstatement whenever they're unhappy.

This game has been a broken mess since release and i don't understand why there are so many people who defend this game when all it takes is a little bit of critical thinking to see how bad AMS2 really is.

I have expressed my criticism towards this game. But guess what? Throw in a new car/track or two in there and the hype train will swing once more. The game is like a full year behind development. The standard of work/quality is very poor. I keep sayings to devs, lets get the core fundamentals working first, then continue and add content/support later. What's the point of adding content in a broken game? It does not improve anything. There is a serious lack of direction/vision from this studio on what exactly they want this game to be. Its just another "we want to be sim title" that is nothing but a cash grab.......:O_o:

What's the point of adding content in a broken game? It does not improve anything.
As has been pointed out numerous times, including by Reiza themselves, the content creators are not the same guys working on the sim itself. It will not speed development to stop them working in a totally unrelated area. You explain to Reiza how a texture artist (for example) is supposed to fix issues with AI cars pitting, and perhaps they'll take it under advisement.

As has been pointed out numerous times, including by Reiza themselves, the content creators are not the same guys working on the sim itself. It will not speed development to stop them working in a totally unrelated area. You explain to Reiza how a texture artist (for example) is supposed to fix issues with AI cars pitting, and perhaps they'll take it under advisement.
Also that would delay the release of the Nürburgring Nordschlieffe to the game, which would be the ideal place to identify and test handling and physics issues related to the cars

I have expressed my criticism towards this game. But guess what? Throw in a new car/track or two in there and the hype train will swing once more. The game is like a full year behind development. The standard of work/quality is very poor. I keep sayings to devs, lets get the core fundamentals working first, then continue and add content/support later. What's the point of adding content in a broken game? It does not improve anything. There is a serious lack of direction/vision from this studio on what exactly they want this game to be. Its just another "we want to be sim title" that is nothing but a cash grab.......:O_o:

In general, Developers don't work for free and I assume that also applies to Developers at Reiza. Since money doesn't grow on trees even in Brasil, Reiza has to make some money somehow in order to pay the bills. One revolutionary idea would be to sell things like content to a sim they are working on. If you have followed the development of AMS2 from Early Access to today, you will have to admit that there has been tremendous improvement just in the last 6 month. The direction and vision of Reiza is clearly laid out in their monthly Development updates. The transparency of the Reiza Development team is pretty much one of the best in that industry. But then again, nobody forces you to buy and use AMS2 or any of its content. Feel free to move on to any of the other sims. You do have that freedom.

In general, Developers don't work for free and I assume that also applies to Developers at Reiza. Since money doesn't grow on trees even in Brasil, Reiza has to make some money somehow in order to pay the bills. One revolutionary idea would be to sell things like content to a sim they are working on. If you have followed the development of AMS2 from Early Access to today, you will have to admit that there has been tremendous improvement just in the last 6 month. The direction and vision of Reiza is clearly laid out in their monthly Development updates. The transparency of the Reiza Development team is pretty much one of the best in that industry. But then again, nobody forces you to buy and use AMS2 or any of its content. Feel free to move on to any of the other sims. You do have that freedom.

Your missing the point. Of course we get the monthly road maps and so on. I was talking about quality of the game being developed vs content paid/free being added that still unfinished work. Yes I got plenty of options to move onto. Its a competitive market out there. The simple fact that as we speak AMS1 is far more played than this "tremendous improvement just in the last 6 month" AMS2 tells you a lot. AMS 2 is far from ready to compete with the best out there. Nothing stands out as product ready about this game. I am not bashing the game, I prefer to be upfront and honest about my thoughts on a product. I do not expect a PERFECT product. I am seeking one that can FUNCTION. Its that simple. If that makes others angry or hate me, then so be it.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 504 39.0%