AMS 2 | GT1 Cars And New Build Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios help kick-start 2021 with a bang, thanks to the latest build update of Automobilista 2 becoming available, and with it the mighty GT1 era of endurance racing golden days...
  • GT1 DLC released.
  • Spa-Francorchamps released.
  • Many updates and improvements included in new build.
AMS 2 Middle.jpg

As the New Year celebrations begin to calm down, many of us with sore heads have awoken today to some very nice news - a freshly prepared build of Automobilista 2 is here, and comes complete with a nice version of both Spa-Franchorchamps and the mighty 1990's era FIA GT1 challengers from McLaren, Mercedes and Porsche - start 2021 with a bang!

Content isn't the only bit of good news for AMS 2 fans either, the new DLC's also come with a fine selection of changes, tweaks and improvements to the simulation, including a welcome option to tune FFB on a per-car basis and plenty of physics revisions for a number of the vehicles within the sim.

Some notes from the developers ahead of using the new build update for the first time:

IMPORTANT: Given the amount of substantive changes in this update, we strongly recommend all users to start a fresh profile by deleting their Documents/Automobilista 2 folder to avoid issues (this will be requested with far less regularity from this update onwards).

The Livery System Override is now fully implemented - to get your hands on the templates for all cars currently in the game and learn more about how you can go about replacing the original car liveries with your own please check this topic (will be updated with new templates as we add them).

Please note that we have another batch of single player championships & a complementary art update for Spa incoming tomorrow after it goes through some internal testing in the morning.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.0.0 Update Notes:

Cars:

• Added GT1 Series (featuring Mercedes CLK LM, Porsche 911 GT1, Mclaren F1 GTR LT)
  • Added Mclaren F1 LM to Street Cars series
Tracks:
  • Added Spa Francorchamps 2020 *Part of Spa-Francorchamps DLC Pack
  • Added Ibarra Reverse layout
GENERAL
  • Introduced track specific weather probability system for more realistic random weather
  • Random weather condition is now preserved if session is reset
  • Disabled "Real Weather" option (until system implementation is complete)
  • Added option to customize FFB gain per car
  • Adjusted netcode parameters for more reliable close racing and more accurate timing predictions
  • Adjusted default cockpit camera settings
  • Increased cockpit seat position storing from 20 to 100 vehicles.
  • Added live edit messages for vertical and longitudinal cockpit seat position
  • Added F-Ultimate & F-Reiza championship seasons
UI & HUD
  • Added new main menu panel arts & backgrounds
  • Updated track loading screens & increased resolution to 4k
  • Added loading bar gradient & fixed position on ultrawide resolutions
  • Fixed monitor controls and back button positions on ultrawide resolutions
  • Update Control Assignments screens to include per vehicle FFB gain increase / decrease
  • VSync is now always enabled in Main Menu
  • Added tag (AI)/* to AI players in multiplayer
  • Added additional states to DRS HUD informing detection zone & availability
  • Vehicle default sorting reverted to alphabetical order
  • Corrected various vehicle naming inconsistencies
  • Fixed Velopark incorrect track grades
PHYSICS
  • Revised tyre physics for street cars, F-Vintage (both gens), F-Retro, F-Classic (all gens), F-V12, F-V10 (both gens), F-Reiza, F-Ultimate, Copa Classic, Hot Cars, Lancer Cup, Puma P052, M1 Procar, Group A, Opala 1986
  • Revised rain tyres for GT3, GT4, P1, P2, P3, P4, F-Retro, Procar, Group A, Opala 1986 Copa Classic, Hot Cars, Lancer cup, Puma P052
  • Revised Ultima GTR, F-Retro, F-Classic (all gens), F-V12, F-Ultimate & F-Reiza aerodynamics
  • Adjusted logic for pre-race tire & brake pre-warming & tire pressure conditions (slightly under peak conditions for more realism & avoid unnatural tire inflation)
  • Reduced default number of clutches for several cars & further reduced rate of differential locking per clutch
  • Further revised F-Retros, F-Ultimate & Ginetta G58 suspension rates
  • Further adjusted exhaust parameters for all cars (results in more accurate visual & audible backfiring / spluttering)
  • Reduced max height to account before front wing / splitter stall in several cars
  • GT3 Series: Added 15kg to Mclaren 720S, subtracted 10kg from Mercedes AMG GT3, added 10 HP to Porsche GT3-R for improved BoP
  • Further revisions of FFB max force to iron out potential peak force inconsistencies
  • Small adjustments to center of gravity height in Opalas, F-Retros, F-Ultimate
  • Reduced Ginetta G55 engine inertia
  • Futher reduced differential preload baseline settings
  • Disabled viscous differential in street cars
  • Adjusted default roll bars, ride height & differential settings for F-Classic (all gens), F-V12, F-V10 Gen1 & 2
  • Adjusted default Differential settings for F-Retro, Stock Car 2020
  • Adjusted F-Ultimate ERS to not kick in until 75% of throttle is applied
AI
  • Added preliminary new logic to improve AI overtaking lapped cars
  • Added new tolerance parameter for AI to not concede position to player until a given amount of the car length is alongside (prevents issue with AI cars appearing to be "scared" out of the way when approached from behind by player)
  • Slightly raised AI CoG height multiplier & adjusted AI damper rates to avoid cars bouncing at hard compression
  • AI callibration pass for all cars that received tyre physics and / or aero updates
  • Reduced range of lateral movement away from ideal line & rate of movement when taking urgent action
  • Created new AI paths for Nurburgring Nordschleife & 24h layouts (improved & more consistent performance)
AUDIO
  • Updated Sprint Race sounds
  • Adjusted tranny volume for GT3 cars to more balanced levels & more torque dependent; adjusted volume balancing; optimized number of samples used to minimise potential performance issues
TRACKS

• Removed wave length in artificial road noise (slightly reduces car / camera vertical movement oscillations)
  • Temporarily removed animated Helicopters & planes until remaining functionality issues are addressed
  • Revised road mesh & reduced noise (high frequency bumps) for Curitiba, Kansai & Taruma
  • Updated Bathurst trackside camera
  • Velopark: Minor performance & art pass; updated AI with improved performanceUpdated Nurburgring 24h layout trackside cameras to reduce shimmering / trembling & added VR cams
VEHICLES
  • Added BMW M6 GT3 dirt / damage effects + dangling damaged parts + new colliders + detached diffuser
  • Gol Copa Classic: Fixed LOD errors at longer distance
  • Mini Cooper UK: Fixed LODding issues with windows
  • Lancer Cup (R/RS): Added Dirt/Damage + detached bumpers (LODA/B/C) + dirt texture for wings (RS) + modeled inner panels (LODA/B/C) + new collision + dangling damaged partsdriver animations + Detached Gear Shifter
  • Fixed Mini cooper 1965 damage on lower LODs + Detached gear shifter (cpit) + detached bumpers on LOD C
  • Lotus 23: Fixed LOD D missing, added damage models on lod B/C, detached dangling parts on LodC, closed panel gaps on LOD A and Cockpit, removed unecessary damage models for tyres
  • MCR S2000: Added dirt/scratch textures
  • Added missing tail light for Sprint Race, Stock Car Cruze 2019 & Ultima GTR
  • Fixed LOD errors in cars with DRS wings which could make rear wings appear to flick open at certain distances

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 - available now exclusively to PC.

Want to know more about the sim? Got a trick or tip to share with the community? Fire up a thread in the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and share that knowledge!

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
talk about the last dying 2020 moments to release snea .... GT1 cars and Spa :geek:
not bad reiza :thumbsup:
Just need time to try every other car after this update...this will definitely take a while which is not a bad thing.
keep it up Reiza (plz leave the documents folder out of the picture going forward thanks)

Brasilia Outer. Good circuit for testing this major update. Let's see about these new tires and fresh FFB. AMS2 folder deleted, G27 remapped.

Group A '92 DTM's: Planted. Feels solid; throttle slides nice and recoverable, FFB communicates weight transfer somewhat.

McLaren F1 Street Car: Default set up the problem here? No turn in! Slower, crank the wheel more, ain't turning, is this set up for drag racing? This is a car people pay a million dollars for IRL?

GT1: Excited to try-let's jump in the Porsche. Lap two, T1 at Brasilia, POOF away goes all FFB mid-turn. Restart PC & steam, OK FFB is back.

Sum it up: Are the DTM's an improvement over R3E? No. The Mac F1? A mess. The GT1 cars? Who knows.

My day dream is some enterprising coder will develop an AMS1, AC style Content Manager. All the mods and tracks together. I'd pay for that.

Great graphics and look. Truly eye candy. But the driving experience? Wanting and wildly inconsistent.

Just tried the new updates after some time. The new cars are nice. Did an F3 offline race, the AI didn't do anything stupid which is a nice improvement. I still think the street cars are overly unforgiving, especially when compared to AC, it was the same with AMS1 as well, not sure what causes such a difference. But racecars is where it's at with this title and it's shaping up nicely. I will probably get the season pass if they continue at this trajectory.

Wonder why nobody is actually playing AMS2, maybe they are all praising it on a forum instead of playing it?

Tested both GT1 Porsche in AC1 and AMS2 and AC1 still feels way better. Constant lock of the rears and lack of rear grip at slow corners is just bad in AMS2. M6 is god damn horrible...

The GT1 cars are not that bad, but it has the old AMS2 issues, which I'm starting to think the devs call it "feature".

Brasilia Outer. Good circuit for testing this major update. Let's see about these new tires and fresh FFB. AMS2 folder deleted, G27 remapped.

Group A '92 DTM's: Planted. Feels solid; throttle slides nice and recoverable, FFB communicates weight transfer somewhat.

McLaren F1 Street Car: Default set up the problem here? No turn in! Slower, crank the wheel more, ain't turning, is this set up for drag racing? This is a car people pay a million dollars for IRL?

GT1: Excited to try-let's jump in the Porsche. Lap two, T1 at Brasilia, POOF away goes all FFB mid-turn. Restart PC & steam, OK FFB is back.

Sum it up: Are the DTM's an improvement over R3E? No. The Mac F1? A mess. The GT1 cars? Who knows.

My day dream is some enterprising coder will develop an AMS1, AC style Content Manager. All the mods and tracks together. I'd pay for that.

Great graphics and look. Truly eye candy. But the driving experience? Wanting and wildly inconsistent.

Are you kidding me? Do you dev for another game and that post was a lark?

Wrong course and not the best wheel, probably non custom file too.

I just belted the Mac around brands hatch on a tx wheel and load cell pedals. Tight, thrilling, amazing.

Did f3s there and also donnington. Gripping races, both f3s. Bathurst with many cars, sublime.

Edit: that's 16 bit fidelity pedals and maybe more for wheel, and ffb file is medium and dampening is 50, 65 gain.

Dude... I made it rain, mate! :) Mac, especially, was a phenomenal experience and Porsche, but even carteham was cool. I kept Mac tight in rain and what not can one ask for but to go down the mountain at Bathurst with aplomb. Even in drizzling rain, at which point I had to be weary

But that's how I set it up now. Default mostly, will fiddle with suspensions now and then, not for Merc.

Brilliant game. The main concern is how floaty the Cammaro is for example. Or why carteham under acceleration slips when the old F1 cars are way more manageable now and especially lotus is great I tried it out a fair bit, and yet the Camaro is floaty. I know cart is 590kgs/170kw but still.

Even so game is brilliant. I am talking less than stellar maybe at 5%, not 80% like you are.

Whoever said ac1 is better than this can't justify that I bet. Too stodgy a game. I think the madness engine just set a new high bar for experience.

Even ACC takes imola and almost makes it boring by comparison.

Last edited:

The McLaren F1 LM a mess? Did you forget how to tune a car? Or do you think the default setup will suit everybody’s driving style? If you lower the front rollbar, the understeer will be gone. Racing the McLaren F1 LM at Oulton Park: so much fun!!

Last edited:
The McLaren F1 LM a mess? Did you forget how to tune a car? Or do you think the default setup will suit everybody’s driving style? If you lower the front rollbar, the understeer will be gone. Racing the McLaren F1 LM at Oulton Park: so much fun!!

Cool. You get it. Why would a gt4 zip on an F1 track?

Take Ultima at guapore and it's brilliant... In Montreal? Even when giving it 6 clutch plates and suspension tune, car won't do what an F1 or otherwise razor like car will do.

The Mac for me was like a razorblade. It even made my sloppyness at times look good, thankfully.

I think our friend was simply tired today when playing the game.

This game is totally exhilarating. Maybe people are better at ACC than me, but it's stodgy compared to AMS2iv don't want to be mean to a great game like ACC and I will continue to buy it's packs, but honestly... It took the exciting imola and actually subdued it. Ams2 does no such thing. And I will lap the Netherlands zandamot 50 times for fun some days. Or Laguna seca in rfactor2 or road Atlanta.

This is no offense. Ams2 just got super smooth and creamy. And sounds improved, all peoples criticism became addressed. So I see the game in a good light. What is perfect? None of them.

Last edited:
Wonder why nobody is actually playing AMS2, maybe they are all praising it on a forum instead of playing it?

Tested both GT1 Porsche in AC1 and AMS2 and AC1 still feels way better. Constant lock of the rears and lack of rear grip at slow corners is just bad in AMS2. M6 is god damn horrible...

The GT1 cars are not that bad, but it has the old AMS2 issues, which I'm starting to think the devs call it "feature".

Are you changing breaks setup? Ac1? Lol come on! Please mate! There is no way. Even when belting around easy old brands hatch I adjust the breaks backwards a few notches on the wheel.

It literally takes me a car like the f3s to not adjust.

Also your pedals and wheel may not be up to scratch or their setup.

Trust me, Ams2 supercedes everything when you pump it up with fidelity or practice more with it.

It's been doing that for 2 days now, and version 30 custom ffb with 50 dampening.

Also I think reiza would dial in the Porsche better than flatpak or rfactor2 or ac1/mods.

The way I am describing ams2 to people now is exhilarating. That's a far more valuable commodity than quibbling over realism.... It's already very realish and pushes boundaries.. It's really shaking things up.

Last edited:
As a musician i.....whatever :p :D:
For this test, i had my Audiotechnica ATH-M50x (barebone "linear", higher resistance studio headphones, bang for the buck standard in many regions today, no fancy built-in features) connected directly to the PC, also tested with the headphones port of my speakers (not more than a cheap headphones amplifier in them). Both with the same outcome. It's the way, sound samples are "initiated" by the game.

It's more about 2 layers of them in combination, what could cause issues, not the case on my end, though.

Yes I did read your message, which led me to think probably the issue must be with the game indeed, just like you say. hahahaha

What he probably meant is that many current DACs and headsets do their own HRTF/virtual surround processing, so all you really need for them is an unaltered 5.1/7.1 audio stream from the game.

But many don't, and in that case it's nice if the game has its own HRTF for headphone users (though stereo purists will use hard-panned stereo anyway and tell you it's the best thing ever ;) ).

yes, that is exactly what I meant! To try and not pile up HRTF/virtual surround processing layers over and over.

External USB DAC, standalone on embedded in headphones, processes differently from onboard sound card or MB DAC?

Can't say exactly. I mean, a DAC is just a digital-analog converter to transform digital samples into analog waveforms for your speakers. The default motherboard sound circuit or a normal off-board sound card is usually just trying to do this, with different levels of quality, but not trying to change the original audio information. The problem is more with additional pre-processing done before going through the DAC itself that may be included with external USB stuff, virtual 7.1 surround seen on some gaming headsets for example.

The McLaren F1 LM a mess? Did you forget how to tune a car? Or do you think the default setup will suit everybody’s driving style?
It’s not unreasonable to expect a new car to be released with a default setup that’s at least drivable. My limited experience with the F1 LM so far has used the default with only reduced fuel load and brake pressure. Plenty of other cars in the game, including the GT1s released alongside the LM, are drivable using the default and those minimal changes. To me the LM is indeed pretty much a mess with these settings. Why should its out-of-the-box drivability be any different?

IMO, having drivable default setups can be just as healthy for bringing players to the game as improvements to multiplayer or championship modes. When you can hop in new car [A] and manage it around a track, then you hop in a different new car and can barely keep it on the gray stuff…well… that just sets up disappointment.

Last edited:
Don't forget Assetto Corsa. The Porsche 911 GT1, McLaren F1 GTR, and Laguna Seca are all official content. And there's a good URD Mercedes CLK GTR mod to round it out.
Well, these are single cars, the maclaren is from the BPR 95 or 96 specs, the porsche is a FIA GT 98 specs GT1, and the CLK from the 97 or 98 spec. I think I have a 97/98 mod though, but can't rememember the quality.

To be honest, only pcars2 can compete with the old mod for f1c ans gtr2 in terms of quantity :
And the gt2s :
(Fyi, the lotus' sound was replaced later after these videos, with a much better one).
And pcars2 do not have the gt2s!

If I have time, I have to launch the mod with VR in GTR2. Mmm I still prefer BPRs cars, with H Shifter and less downforce.

It’s not unreasonable to expect a new car to be released with a default setup that’s at least drivable. My limited experience with the F1 LM so far has used the default with only reduced fuel load and brake pressure. Plenty of other cars in the game, including the GT1s released alongside the LM, are drivable using the default and those minimal changes. To me the LM is indeed pretty much a mess with these settings. Why should its out-of-the-box drivability be any different?

IMO, having drivable default setups can be just as healthy for bringing players to the game as improvements to multiplayer or championship modes. When you can hop in new car [A] and manage it around a track, then you hop in a different new car and can barely keep it on the gray stuff…well… that just sets up disappointment.
I agree about having defaut setups manageable. But the mclaren LM isn't that awful imo. Well it is awful because it's a road supercar, these supercars are usually overpowered and hard to race with. I've been disliking them since the first time I tried them in sims. They can't turn, they are not fun, these are made for straight lines. There are some exceptions though but in general they just feel like this mclaren.

The GT1s feel really good. The mclaren is the easiest one by default (a lot more than the pcars2 one). The mercedes is... powerful, as it should be. The porsche is less stable and need some tweaks (it reminds me of the AC version which was a bit slow).

Can't say exactly. I mean, a DAC is just a digital-analog converter to transform digital samples into analog waveforms for your speakers. The default motherboard sound circuit or a normal off-board sound card is usually just trying to do this, with different levels of quality, but not trying to change the original audio information. The problem is more with additional pre-processing done before going through the DAC itself that may be included with external USB stuff, virtual 7.1 surround seen on some gaming headsets for example.
No offense, but you're making things needlessly complicated and kinda confusing IMO, among other reasons also because you talk about DACs when you don't really mean DACs, but basically sound devices as a whole. DAC is just a DAC, in any context. Whether or not there's additional processing involved is another thing, and a separate one at that, as I'm not aware of a DAC that would force some kind of processing on and wouldn't allow turning it off. Maybe there are DACs like that, but I'd say they are pretty rare.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 231 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.2%