AMS 2 | GT1 Cars And New Build Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios help kick-start 2021 with a bang, thanks to the latest build update of Automobilista 2 becoming available, and with it the mighty GT1 era of endurance racing golden days...
  • GT1 DLC released.
  • Spa-Francorchamps released.
  • Many updates and improvements included in new build.
AMS 2 Middle.jpg

As the New Year celebrations begin to calm down, many of us with sore heads have awoken today to some very nice news - a freshly prepared build of Automobilista 2 is here, and comes complete with a nice version of both Spa-Franchorchamps and the mighty 1990's era FIA GT1 challengers from McLaren, Mercedes and Porsche - start 2021 with a bang!

Content isn't the only bit of good news for AMS 2 fans either, the new DLC's also come with a fine selection of changes, tweaks and improvements to the simulation, including a welcome option to tune FFB on a per-car basis and plenty of physics revisions for a number of the vehicles within the sim.

Some notes from the developers ahead of using the new build update for the first time:

IMPORTANT: Given the amount of substantive changes in this update, we strongly recommend all users to start a fresh profile by deleting their Documents/Automobilista 2 folder to avoid issues (this will be requested with far less regularity from this update onwards).

The Livery System Override is now fully implemented - to get your hands on the templates for all cars currently in the game and learn more about how you can go about replacing the original car liveries with your own please check this topic (will be updated with new templates as we add them).

Please note that we have another batch of single player championships & a complementary art update for Spa incoming tomorrow after it goes through some internal testing in the morning.

Automobilista 2 V1.1.0.0 Update Notes:

Cars:

• Added GT1 Series (featuring Mercedes CLK LM, Porsche 911 GT1, Mclaren F1 GTR LT)
  • Added Mclaren F1 LM to Street Cars series
Tracks:
  • Added Spa Francorchamps 2020 *Part of Spa-Francorchamps DLC Pack
  • Added Ibarra Reverse layout
GENERAL
  • Introduced track specific weather probability system for more realistic random weather
  • Random weather condition is now preserved if session is reset
  • Disabled "Real Weather" option (until system implementation is complete)
  • Added option to customize FFB gain per car
  • Adjusted netcode parameters for more reliable close racing and more accurate timing predictions
  • Adjusted default cockpit camera settings
  • Increased cockpit seat position storing from 20 to 100 vehicles.
  • Added live edit messages for vertical and longitudinal cockpit seat position
  • Added F-Ultimate & F-Reiza championship seasons
UI & HUD
  • Added new main menu panel arts & backgrounds
  • Updated track loading screens & increased resolution to 4k
  • Added loading bar gradient & fixed position on ultrawide resolutions
  • Fixed monitor controls and back button positions on ultrawide resolutions
  • Update Control Assignments screens to include per vehicle FFB gain increase / decrease
  • VSync is now always enabled in Main Menu
  • Added tag (AI)/* to AI players in multiplayer
  • Added additional states to DRS HUD informing detection zone & availability
  • Vehicle default sorting reverted to alphabetical order
  • Corrected various vehicle naming inconsistencies
  • Fixed Velopark incorrect track grades
PHYSICS
  • Revised tyre physics for street cars, F-Vintage (both gens), F-Retro, F-Classic (all gens), F-V12, F-V10 (both gens), F-Reiza, F-Ultimate, Copa Classic, Hot Cars, Lancer Cup, Puma P052, M1 Procar, Group A, Opala 1986
  • Revised rain tyres for GT3, GT4, P1, P2, P3, P4, F-Retro, Procar, Group A, Opala 1986 Copa Classic, Hot Cars, Lancer cup, Puma P052
  • Revised Ultima GTR, F-Retro, F-Classic (all gens), F-V12, F-Ultimate & F-Reiza aerodynamics
  • Adjusted logic for pre-race tire & brake pre-warming & tire pressure conditions (slightly under peak conditions for more realism & avoid unnatural tire inflation)
  • Reduced default number of clutches for several cars & further reduced rate of differential locking per clutch
  • Further revised F-Retros, F-Ultimate & Ginetta G58 suspension rates
  • Further adjusted exhaust parameters for all cars (results in more accurate visual & audible backfiring / spluttering)
  • Reduced max height to account before front wing / splitter stall in several cars
  • GT3 Series: Added 15kg to Mclaren 720S, subtracted 10kg from Mercedes AMG GT3, added 10 HP to Porsche GT3-R for improved BoP
  • Further revisions of FFB max force to iron out potential peak force inconsistencies
  • Small adjustments to center of gravity height in Opalas, F-Retros, F-Ultimate
  • Reduced Ginetta G55 engine inertia
  • Futher reduced differential preload baseline settings
  • Disabled viscous differential in street cars
  • Adjusted default roll bars, ride height & differential settings for F-Classic (all gens), F-V12, F-V10 Gen1 & 2
  • Adjusted default Differential settings for F-Retro, Stock Car 2020
  • Adjusted F-Ultimate ERS to not kick in until 75% of throttle is applied
AI
  • Added preliminary new logic to improve AI overtaking lapped cars
  • Added new tolerance parameter for AI to not concede position to player until a given amount of the car length is alongside (prevents issue with AI cars appearing to be "scared" out of the way when approached from behind by player)
  • Slightly raised AI CoG height multiplier & adjusted AI damper rates to avoid cars bouncing at hard compression
  • AI callibration pass for all cars that received tyre physics and / or aero updates
  • Reduced range of lateral movement away from ideal line & rate of movement when taking urgent action
  • Created new AI paths for Nurburgring Nordschleife & 24h layouts (improved & more consistent performance)
AUDIO
  • Updated Sprint Race sounds
  • Adjusted tranny volume for GT3 cars to more balanced levels & more torque dependent; adjusted volume balancing; optimized number of samples used to minimise potential performance issues
TRACKS

• Removed wave length in artificial road noise (slightly reduces car / camera vertical movement oscillations)
  • Temporarily removed animated Helicopters & planes until remaining functionality issues are addressed
  • Revised road mesh & reduced noise (high frequency bumps) for Curitiba, Kansai & Taruma
  • Updated Bathurst trackside camera
  • Velopark: Minor performance & art pass; updated AI with improved performanceUpdated Nurburgring 24h layout trackside cameras to reduce shimmering / trembling & added VR cams
VEHICLES
  • Added BMW M6 GT3 dirt / damage effects + dangling damaged parts + new colliders + detached diffuser
  • Gol Copa Classic: Fixed LOD errors at longer distance
  • Mini Cooper UK: Fixed LODding issues with windows
  • Lancer Cup (R/RS): Added Dirt/Damage + detached bumpers (LODA/B/C) + dirt texture for wings (RS) + modeled inner panels (LODA/B/C) + new collision + dangling damaged partsdriver animations + Detached Gear Shifter
  • Fixed Mini cooper 1965 damage on lower LODs + Detached gear shifter (cpit) + detached bumpers on LOD C
  • Lotus 23: Fixed LOD D missing, added damage models on lod B/C, detached dangling parts on LodC, closed panel gaps on LOD A and Cockpit, removed unecessary damage models for tyres
  • MCR S2000: Added dirt/scratch textures
  • Added missing tail light for Sprint Race, Stock Car Cruze 2019 & Ultima GTR
  • Fixed LOD errors in cars with DRS wings which could make rear wings appear to flick open at certain distances

Original Source: Reiza Studios

AMS 2 - available now exclusively to PC.

Want to know more about the sim? Got a trick or tip to share with the community? Fire up a thread in the AMS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and share that knowledge!

AMS 2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
As a musician i.....whatever :p :D:
For this test, i had my Audiotechnica ATH-M50x (barebone "linear", higher resistance studio headphones, bang for the buck standard in many regions today, no fancy built-in features) connected directly to the PC, also tested with the headphones port of my speakers (not more than a cheap headphones amplifier in them). Both with the same outcome. It's the way, sound samples are "initiated" by the game.

I have a pair of those headphones, too as well as a Corsair 7.1 "gaming" headset. For daytime I have a pair of Behringer Truth powered studio monitors (also a good bang for the buck item) connected to a Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP firewire audio interface. All of these produce the same outcome, so it really does seem to be a game issue. Side note for the guitar guys : I hook those Behringers up to a Line 6 POD X3 Live (a stereo unit with amp/cab emulation + FX) and it makes for a killer stereo guitar rig.

Anyone got excessive 'bouncing' in the SuperV8? Feels like Driving on a bouncy castle, only driven a few laps so need longer to properly evaluate it but a bit worried, i don't remember it being like this.
The V8 is a shocker for me,too much side movement and bounce, cannot wait for reiza to give it the attention it deserves

Last edited:
Tried it again and refunded after 90 minutes. Doesn't come even close to AMS 1. The GTR3 pack felt even worse than GRID with a wheel. Even the ECC mod for AMS1 is so much better than AMS2. The sounds sound like 8 bit...it that bad! FFB only decent with the Metalmoro cars and even then its not on par with AMS1. I can see Reiza trying to get om par with AMS 1 but they wont suceed in this mission as the famous Madness Engine is just garbage...no matter how much updates Reiza will throw into the ring. Oh yeah....dont forget to report this post as it is highly illigal to vent your own opinion at RD.
Opinions arent facts.

Tried it again and refunded after 90 minutes. Doesn't come even close to AMS 1. The GTR3 pack felt even worse than GRID with a wheel. Even the ECC mod for AMS1 is so much better than AMS2. The sounds sound like 8 bit...it that bad! FFB only decent with the Metalmoro cars and even then its not on par with AMS1. I can see Reiza trying to get om par with AMS 1 but they wont suceed in this mission as the famous Madness Engine is just garbage...no matter how much updates Reiza will throw into the ring. Oh yeah....dont forget to report this post as it is highly illigal to vent your own opinion at RD.
I had refunded it when I first bought it but after givin 2nd chance it is now my go to sim. Ffb is also awesome I use a custom ffb file and it really makes it work. I think in your case you should adjust things out to make it good for your taste. Never heard any complaints about the sound however. Comprisions show not a big diff.

I can even hear the crackling in the audio (with the cars that have this particular issue!) on youtube videos from random people...

And with the M6 the issue cleary is with the game as the distortions only happen in the middle of the rpm range and when you touch the throttle. Did not try it in 1.1.0.0 though.

And why would it happen only with AMS2 and not with any other sim?

But i guess it's my setup, yeah. Makes sense. Not.

Last edited:

Just addressing this absolutely it should be way more right now, thats concurrent players though.

They have gone from 20-50k on steam spy to 100-200k.

I guess these days I guarantee you that if they did not have sales increasing (if this holds true in this case) they would cease development immediately.

That is not the case and I actually think from so many objective measures - that this 1.1 version is the true version 1.0, or would be something like it if not for covid 19.

Subjectively I think the custom ffb 30 version with 50% dampening for me (even the default is good) along with the wide array of cars, the graphics and the get in and drive feel/grip that comes to it - this for FUN (never mind our subjective opinions where sometimes I am more or less charitable depending on even how charitable I have been recently! lol... ) is that it is fun. And I hope you're getting enough fun out of it.

Its so fun that I am not driving rfactor 2 or ACC right now,

But if someone could shed more light on this subject as to why the low sales even despite the checkered development in the middle there post launch, why this is the case? (you know because of the constant features versus bugs debate games/programs have)

I.e is it because of the tracks? I know this impinged me playing more though I really like the tracks in this, though I always felt it would do well. No Leguna seca or the one from the netherlands name escapes me, they're in ACC and Rfactor 2.

So I see why its gotten low concurrent players (they would not be the same people though surely) and its probably a core reason why not more have been sold along with cars, and physics, but if anyone can shed more light onto it that would be great.

For myself I think it means plenty have bought it who either play beta or played it once and are letting it bake.

Kingdom come deliverance had 25k down to 12k down to 2k and stayed there....BUT those 2k could well be different people... see

Or help - because why would the same 2.5k people be playing KCD 2 years later? It makes more sense 2.5k would play for 6 months, and churn the rate over. KCD also never got more/too much more content really, this game is/has. Even so I doubt thats 200k sales, but its probably definitely higher than 50k now... from 100k you may expect 10% of the audience to remain? Or for the best games ever, even higher? Look at Warframe, still high after 10 years, football manager same game still high, etc.

End thought is that I would expect about 1000-3000 playing this game at full tilt, but how the total sales would be I do not know. Just knowing what we know, it probably has the potential to be a 500 concurrent player game today, and if word got out there maybe 1,500.

I find it super low too for how good it is. But do not know the pool required - youtube views is 10%ish for example, retention on subsequent videos is 50-25% then a cliff. Popular sports games on ratings can be 30% of total audience up to 45%.

Youtube views for this however may be in the 10's, a big channel, 5k. Hrm.

When Starcitizen went for marketing, they doubled incoming funding. Yes this game probably needs a lynchpin, a foot in the door to peel away some players from other titles, grow the genre, and also to get more concureent players, probably as a result of the content...from version 1.1 I think a lot of this is possible, but I am a postive person, but I know what I just played is awesome - absolutely and without reservation

Last edited:
The true 1.0 was 1.0.
Days are gone where version no 1.0 automatically means a completed, well working product.

Tested it yesterday, driving dynamics are becoming better. Multiclass races against ai is something I can not recommend at least at Spa, BHGP...and then I stopped testing. Don't know how it works on other tracks or in single class sessions. Guess there is still much potential. Means for me, I will use the time I spent with sim-racing elsewhere and jump in from time to time to check the progess.

Here are my current AMS2 Audio settings :)...I only turn down the Music and Menu audio, leave everything else as is.
Could try turning down the 'LFE Extra Volume'...although if the headphones are USB connection, could there be some conflict / interferance with other USB devices used on a PC...as I have a pair of Asus Strix True 7.1 Surround Sound Heaphones and on PC start up the drivers for the Asus Strix did not load (even with the updated fix) and found that it was my TSXW that was preventing the Asus Strix Headphones from loading the drivers, when I disconnected my TSXW the Asus Strix Headphones worked :(...just a thought ;)
...or could be a defective AUX port, loose Headphone cable connection....try changing the Audio format in the 'Sound Properties'...update drivers for your headphones if any.
Below is a link to troubleshooting...

View attachment 432247
Thanks but it is only on a few cars and in most it's a loop click and no other games. I have tried a few "fixes" but AMS2 has some pretty ordinary audio and some rather nice audio. I guess it's a matter of waiting for more development.
But yes I will have a read and see if there is something I've missed or not tried.
Thanks mate.

The more i play this update the more i enjoy it.
I had drifted away from AMS2 lately playing mostly ACC,RF2 and raceroom but i spent many hours on AMS2 yesterday mainly in the GT1and gt3 CARS.
Later in the day i played ACC,RF2 Raceroom and AMS2 specifically GT3 for comparison.
Why? you may ask simply because the hours earlier in the day with AMS2 were some of the most enjoyable hours simracing in a long time and i just had to compare all sims in the same sitting.
I really enjoy them all but for some reason the AMS2 GT3`s had me grinning from ear to ear they are without doubt the most fun to drive with my only negative being the sounds.
Are they the most realistic? i really dont know but if over 20 years simracing seeking the ultimate realism has thought me one thing its that maybe i should be seeking the most fun.
Sound is certainly not an issue with the GT1 monsters though plus they are an absolute blast to drive and instantly one of my very favourites in the sim.
Finally the AI wow what have they done with them but they are great now.
Reiza are doing a great job lately, its all finally coming together.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 191 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years