AMS 2 FFB Discussion

I just tested all settings,
RAW, informative, imersive, more FFB, lower FFB, LowForceBoost 0 40 80...
What I found was the same FFB like in pCARS2, the same damage jolt effekts, when you driving on small bumps, the over powered force, when the car are oversteering, the les details about the rear axle.
It's for me, the biggest disappointment in the year.
You don't beleive me?
Please take a seat in the StockCar or the Falcon V8, starting in Spielberg with clear wather in both games.
The detailed, RAW, real and comprehensible FFB, you are only get in AMS1. The same like rFactor2, but much more heavyer.
In rF² you feel the gene of rF². It's not like AMS but near of it.

AMS2-Beta is for me pCARS2 and i am realy sad, because my hope was realy big. So many people say "Stop! It's pCARS2! You should not beleve that it can be better!" But i say, "No, that are not SMS, they are Reiza Studios,, they have good guys, the have got Nils and he knows what he do."

What shuld i say?
I am realy sad and hopeless because that pCARS2-feeling will be not gone after the final release. If that be possible, than only with deleting it and copy paste from AMS1.
But what i know now, when you want to say, "Shut up and take my money!" Think before it. It's funny but expensive some times.

Best wiches from Germany, Manuel

I just testet the Ultima, OldStock, AJR... All the same. No Reiza-Feeling.
Kart and Caterham too. Are the 310HP Caterham damage? More than 170km/h not possible an Spielberg.

Btw.:
I am using the SimuCUBE without any damping or filterring.
But, AMS1 feels grate, too with the G27.

Attachments

• 2020-02-29 03_28_54-Steam.png
    2020-02-29 03_28_54-Steam.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 472
Last edited:
It's getting harder and harder to be sarcastic on the internet. You might think you are really pushing it now to make a very obvious point, but at the end of the day, there will always be plenty of those who would say the same thing in exactly the same way (or worse) while being dead serious. And so the standards for what is still considered a serious and valid comment keep getting lower and lower, and there's no more room left for sarcasm.

Then again, a classic once said that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, so...
I found out how problematic this really was when I met a friend of mine for the first time and she was spouting flat earth nonesense. It was really hard to figure out if she was serious because the arguments she made in jest were exactly the same that flat earthers do. So no matter how ridiculous they got, because she was looking very serious when she said it, she could still be serious. It's a wonderful thing.

I've held back from posting here after playing the beta, as im not sure what i can bring to the table.
It seems this has split the community yet again. However what i will say is this.

In my opinion, the beta has shocked me... in an incredibly negative way.
Everything from the visuals, the audio, the feel, the look, the hud, the upcoming P2P multiplayer etc and worst of all the FFB is 100% Project Cars 2. (or Pcars2.5)

Catching slides, jerky wheel, fish tailing, drifting etc all have exactly the same characteristic flaws as PCars 2 and that came as a huge shock to me as a backer.

I vehemently disagreed with haters, supported and believed reiza could polish the madness engine into something amazing, and i believed with every fiber of my being that this would be the holy grail!

Its actually hard to sit here and embarrass myself, and too be intellectually honest enough to say, i was hoodwinked.

When i jump from the same car / track in the beta and switch to pcars 2 with ALL settings / cars / tracks / weather the same etc. its virtually impossible to tell the difference, its just the same?
Even i am struggling to understand how i fell for this again and paid over $100 for PCars 2 again?

How i can justify this to myself, I feel like Ian bell just hoodwinked me again and fair play to him as that's 3 times now, not just shame on me, but i really need to stop trusting companies as if they care about me.

This is 100% Project Cars 2 Reiza DLC Pack and it has all the same characteristic flaws that game had, its not a patch on ACC or even AC and anyone who claims this is the holy grail and yet who also claimed PCars 2 sucked... well you are a dishonest liar, a its the same dam game with a few different cars/tracks and less content at twice the price!

But GamerMuscle said its good... Yes a business man whos entire financial stability is dependent on people watching his sim racing channel is NOT going to turn away brand new content based on the same base game that brings him most viewers (he predominantly plays PCars 2 on his channel) He isnt about to turn all that income away. A guy who went to a mobile game reenactment day in Germany to tell us how good this mobile game was or the BMX game was etc. He is a business and not your friend, he needs you to view and this game will bring new viewers and income and revenue and its based on the 1 game he has played most on his channel. Pcars 2.

Dont blindly trust youtubers, trial the game on Steam on realease day, play PCars 2 for a few hours before, load a car and track you know well... buy AMS 2 and play the same car/track combo and then you will see! you just paid 100$ for the same game for a third time!

I'm not angry at Reiza (or Ian) (just at myself) but i know for sure this is PCars 2 resold to me again, and i can see Ian laughing at me, and i feel like an idiot, and it hurts to say that publicly but **** me Ive been duped and this is the biggest disappointment of the year for me, and the best scam ive seen in years.

I'm not angry at Reiza (or Ian) (just at myself) but i know for sure this is PCars 2 resold to me again, and i can see Ian laughing at me, and i feel like an idiot, and it hurts to say that publicly but **** me Ive been duped and this is the biggest disappointment of the year for me, and the best scam ive seen in years.
Come on, don't be so paranoid. It's just a beta. I tested it with a TM and it's very acceptable for a beta stage. According to reviews the experience can vary a lot depending on what hardware do you have. We should wait, at least a couple of months.
What worries me is the sound, it's between bad and terrible. Most cars sound like a lawn mower. The same samples sound a lot lot better on AMS 1 engine.

DD2 user here, and as someone who can't play PC2 due to the terrible force feedback and how planted the cars feel, here's my first impressions on AMS2...

AMS1 is my most played sim, and I like the Formula cars the best (classic / v12).

AMS2 is much closer in feel to AMS1 than it is to PC2.

In AMS2 the cars are a little too easy to drive at the moment though. The formula cars are too easy to catch a slide, and seem to have a little too much grip at all times. It's great fun, but the cars don't feel as raw and untamed as they do in AMS1.

The feel of the road and what the car is doing is not yet up to the level of AMS1 but it's certainly getting there, and with some more tweaking I think it will be absolutely fine.

Even though motion / tactile isn't available yet, I had a blast driving the Formula Classic on tracks I know very well in different weather conditions. As soon as motion and tactile data is made available, I'm sure I will be spending a massive amount of time in AMS2.

I've held back from posting here after playing the beta, as im not sure what i can bring to the table.
It seems this has split the community yet again. However what i will say is this.

Everything from the visuals, the audio, the feel, the look, the hud, the upcoming P2P multiplayer etc and worst of all the FFB is 100% Project Cars 2. (or Pcars2.5)

Catching slides, jerky wheel, fish tailing, drifting etc all have exactly the same characteristic flaws as PCars 2 and that came as a huge shock to me as a backer.

I vehemently disagreed with haters, supported and believed reiza could polish the madness engine into something amazing, and i believed with every fiber of my being that this would be the holy grail!

Its actually hard to sit here and embarrass myself, and too be intellectually honest enough to say, i was hoodwinked.

When i jump from the same car / track in the beta and switch to pcars 2 with ALL settings / cars / tracks / weather the same etc. its virtually impossible to tell the difference, its just the same?
Even i am struggling to understand how i fell for this again and paid over $100 for PCars 2 again?

How i can justify this to myself, I feel like Ian bell just hoodwinked me again and fair play to him as that's 3 times now, not just shame on me, but i really need to stop trusting companies as if they care about me.

This is 100% Project Cars 2 Reiza DLC Pack and it has all the same characteristic flaws that game had, its not a patch on ACC or even AC and anyone who claims this is the holy grail and yet who also claimed PCars 2 sucked... well you are a dishonest liar, a its the same dam game with a few different cars/tracks and less content at twice the price!

But GamerMuscle said its good... Yes a business man whos entire financial stability is dependent on people watching his sim racing channel is NOT going to turn away brand new content based on the same base game that brings him most viewers (he predominantly plays PCars 2 on his channel) He isnt about to turn all that income away. A guy who went to a mobile game reenactment day in Germany to tell us how good this mobile game was or the BMX game was etc. He is a business and not your friend, he needs you to view and this game will bring new viewers and income and revenue and its based on the 1 game he has played most on his channel. Pcars 2.

Dont blindly trust youtubers, trial the game on Steam on realease day, play PCars 2 for a few hours before, load a car and track you know well... buy AMS 2 and play the same car/track combo and then you will see! you just paid 100$ for the same game for a third time!

Good news for you and anyone else who may feel similarly: we´ve reverted our clearly stated policy on AMS2 EBC refunds as it seems we overestimated the ability from a small segment of people to take responsibility over their own actions and not buy into something that clearly wasn´t designed for them. I honestly thought the high price tag would prevent people other than those who already really liked our games from impulse buying without reading what it said on the tin, so this is me taking responsibility for that mistake by offering you a refund.

If you eventually come to feel differently you are welcome to buy the finished product - and even then you can refund via Steam one more time if you again find it´s not for you. There are plenty of recourses here that wouldnt require you to call people dupes, sellouts or machiavellian fraudsters, and there´s more than enough people that feel differently to you for Reiza (and SMS for that matter) to not have to hold your money.

I´ll await your PM - life is too short to be throwing tantrums over a race game.

I know, how you are feel. We both sitting in the same boat.

DD2 user here, and as someone who can't play PC2 due to the terrible force feedback and how planted the cars feel, here's my first impressions on AMS2...

AMS1 is my most played sim, and I like the Formula cars the best (classic / v12).

AMS2 is much closer in feel to AMS1 than it is to PC2.

In AMS2 the cars are a little too easy to drive at the moment though. The formula cars are too easy to catch a slide, and seem to have a little too much grip at all times. It's great fun, but the cars don't feel as raw and untamed as they do in AMS1.

The feel of the road and what the car is doing is not yet up to the level of AMS1 but it's certainly getting there, and with some more tweaking I think it will be absolutely fine.

Even though motion / tactile isn't available yet, I had a blast driving the Formula Classic on tracks I know very well in different weather conditions. As soon as motion and tactile data is made available, I'm sure I will be spending a massive amount of time in AMS2.

Please compare it with the same cars today in AMS1, its far away... And very close to pCARS2.

Good news for you and anyone else who may feel similarly: we´ve reverted our clearly stated policy on AMS2 EBC refunds as it seems we overestimated the ability from a small segment of people to take responsibility over their own actions and not buy into something that clearly wasn´t designed for them. I honestly thought the high price tag would prevent people other than those who already really liked our games from impulse buying without reading what it said on the tin, so this is me taking responsibility for that mistake by offering you a refund.

If you eventually come to feel differently you are welcome to buy the finished product - and even then you can refund via Steam one more time if you again find it´s not for you. There are plenty of recourses here that wouldnt require you to call people dupes, sellouts or machiavellian fraudsters, and there´s more than enough people that feel differently to you for Reiza (and SMS for that matter) to not have to hold your money.

I´ll await your PM - life is too short to be throwing tantrums over a race game.

We don't want get back our money, we only want the legendary FFB of AMS1.
And, when i can do anything for you, please tell me. The rFactor-engine are inside and you can make it much more better than that.
May be, when we have understod the ffb_custom_settings.txt, its possible, to get AMS1 back.

The performance are nice, sounds are better than AMS1, we have the rain and day/night, all on the good way, but not the FFB.
I hope so much, that we get it back at the final (or later). When the people talking over AMS2, the most part are the FFB.
Thats the master problem, all another small bugs can fixed with some work.

Please don't be angry with us, why we talking not good over AMS1 / his FFB, but we want the best for it and don't run away!
We will find a way!

Best wishes from Germany, Manuel

Scam? Show some respect please and stop being so self entitled, posts like this are pathetic...get a refund and **** off.

I did. Ca
Please compare it with the same cars today in AMS1, its far away... And very close to pCARS2.
Caterham 620r at Donnington. Completely different and I find the caterham one of the better cars in pcars2. Is it as refined as AMS1? No. Not yet. Some of the lighter forces are missing. Is it already better? Yes. Definitely. Instead of winging get you refund and go. There are plenty of other titles to play. Why not fire up AMS1 and just drive that and come back once the beta is finished?

T
I think, we have to help. With look away, it don't will be better.
There is a difference between helping and throwing a tantrum. You made your point (in not the most helpful way) and now you are trying to convert people. Want to help?

Go to Reiza's beta forum and write detailed reports on what car and track combo you tried and the problems you have in particular other than "it feels like PCARS2".

Do people know what the word 'BETA' or "EARLY ACCESS' mean?
Why are folks getting so 'torqued' over the title...at this stage.
There are plenty of other fully released options to keep you entertained while Reiza puts the 'polish' on AMS2.
Stop whining folks.
Many of you are coming from AMS...hence the comparisons.
It did not suddenly die or cease to run because of this beta. Go play that while you are waiting.
If after full release you still feel the same....there still will be those options mentioned above.
Christ! is it really that hard to understand?

Manuel, I'm sure you want to help. But posting over and over the same thing doesn't increase the efficiency of your help.

We are aware of things. Everything will be there in their time. We know what we are doing (well, not me because I'm not one of the devs, but you get the idea).

You can be calm and enjoy the journey. And maybe check different settings from other people, see what they were doing. I'm sure you can get happier with FFB if you find nicer settings. And if not, next build is pretty close. And if not on that build, the other next build is coming as well. And there we go...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back