AMS 2 FFB Discussion

I just tested all settings,
RAW, informative, imersive, more FFB, lower FFB, LowForceBoost 0 40 80...
What I found was the same FFB like in pCARS2, the same damage jolt effekts, when you driving on small bumps, the over powered force, when the car are oversteering, the les details about the rear axle.
It's for me, the biggest disappointment in the year.
You don't beleive me?
Please take a seat in the StockCar or the Falcon V8, starting in Spielberg with clear wather in both games.
The detailed, RAW, real and comprehensible FFB, you are only get in AMS1. The same like rFactor2, but much more heavyer.
In rF² you feel the gene of rF². It's not like AMS but near of it.

AMS2-Beta is for me pCARS2 and i am realy sad, because my hope was realy big. So many people say "Stop! It's pCARS2! You should not beleve that it can be better!" But i say, "No, that are not SMS, they are Reiza Studios,, they have good guys, the have got Nils and he knows what he do."

What shuld i say?
I am realy sad and hopeless because that pCARS2-feeling will be not gone after the final release. If that be possible, than only with deleting it and copy paste from AMS1.
But what i know now, when you want to say, "Shut up and take my money!" Think before it. It's funny but expensive some times.

Best wiches from Germany, Manuel

I just testet the Ultima, OldStock, AJR... All the same. No Reiza-Feeling.
Kart and Caterham too. Are the 310HP Caterham damage? More than 170km/h not possible an Spielberg.

Btw.:
I am using the SimuCUBE without any damping or filterring.
But, AMS1 feels grate, too with the G27.

Attachments

• 2020-02-29 03_28_54-Steam.png
    2020-02-29 03_28_54-Steam.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 472
Last edited:
My Accuforce v1 only seems to steer reasonable with 360° DOR in the driver no matter which car. Also there doesn't seem to be any UDP-output for Motion and tactile feedback. Is there a plan to fix this?
Guys, for reports, doubts or more info on solving these problems, check the specific threads in Reiza 51 forum. A lot of solutions are being discovered by users even (you guys are awesome).

Guys, for reports, doubts or more info on solving these problems, check the specific threads in Reiza 51 forum. A lot of solutions are being discovered by users even (you guys are awesome).
Twin-track strategy;) Since motion and tactile-feedback is still no thing of the majority (what it should), it's fair to be twice as loud:whistling:
After ACC, Dirt Rally 1 & 2, and pCars 2 was working within a day, with or without tweaks, i think this time it's impossible to fix it by users. There are no xml/ini-files that could possibly do the trick. It's a bit disappointing since the engine has no problem with it and Reiza just broke or not activated it.

I found the FFB with my T300 to be really good on my short test last night. Nothing like PC2 for me which I struggled with.
T300 here too, and I got the same good feeling. Didn't touch anything; it doesn't feel as good as ASM1 for the moment but it is heading in the same direction and I have faith Reiza will be able to deliver the same pleasure we had. Can't compare to Pcars as I don't own it.
What are your settings guys (in game - tm control panel)? FFB seems weird on my t300...tia

Ever since I heard Reiza was going to reach out for SMS work I knew they would be screwed!! I haven't tested this beta but I can tell just from watching today's videos that AMS1 is far better. The only thing that I believe is going to be better is the light processing. Even so, PCars is far more realistic in the graphics department! In conclusion my only hope for a great simracing release is on Kunos anouncing AC2.

I'll reserve judgement until the final product, but like the original poster i'm on a direct drive wheel and even with some workarounds, there's a compressed feeling with the ffb that I think is connected to a small bug on degrees of rotation for direct drive wheels.

I think once that's fixed, it will clear itself up and we'll have a more accurate picture.

Ever since I heard Reiza was going to reach out for SMS work I knew they would be screwed!! I haven't tested this beta but I can tell just from watching today's videos that AMS1 is far better. The only thing that I believe is going to be better is the light processing. Even so, PCars is far more realistic in the graphics department! In conclusion my only hope for a great simracing release is on Kunos anouncing AC2.
I wish there was a facepalm emogi for this and a heap of other comments here.

Do you people not understand beta

I wish there was a facepalm emogi for this and a heap of other comments here.

Do you people not understand beta
And this is clearly a beta. There are plenty of bugs i already reported. But some cars are already phenomenal. The f3 is amazing and the feeling of going from cold tyres to warmed up tyres is the best in any sim I tried. Like you car literally has no grip when tyres are cold.

Anyone with the beta needs to follow the instructions for setting up their wheels that are in the private forum at Reiza. The FFB is already excellent and will only get better. It is already approximately equal to AMS1 (slightly better in some aspects and slightly worse in some).

The first time I loaded the alpha I was impressed that it detected my wheel, but then disappointed that it felt mediocre at best. Then I found out what the adjustments available actually mean and what I should do (vastly simpler and easier than the ridiculously over-complicated settings in PC2), and voila, AMS1 level FFB.

The original poster chose to ignore this step, as will many other testers or reviewers. How or why I have no idea since every other sim out there requires some configuring. AMS1 was the easiest sim of all to adjust (for my hardware). AMS2 is going to be the second easiest.

There are tons of yet-to-be-polished aspects in AMS2. The FFB and physics are already there. Otherwise, who would want to bother helping to refine or even playing the sim? Reiza did the right thing focusing on what matters and leaving the details until the end. Spend 5000 hours devising the best multiplayer system out there....if the cars suck, I won't use it anyway, so a waste. Etc. Other issues like AI performance have to wait for the player cars to be reasonably polished or it, too, will be mostly a waste of time.

You don't have to believe me, but I would not waste time listening to the SMS/PC2-bashers. Reiza knew from the outset that they could not present PC2 with a bunch of Brazilian content. If you don't trust them, then wait for reviews and impressions from the released product to make your assessments. (I know I am talking into a windstorm and we will have a month of lunacy related to unfounded statements and opinions to deal with...) I plan to spend my time in the beta and read very little on here until March.

Slightly surprised at how he can stamp on full-throttle half way through some turns and not lose the back end. The Caterham is a pretty raw, basic car with no traction control and no aero to stick it to the track. That just doesn’t look realistic to me.
An opinion. Like a freckle, everyone has one. GM released his video while Reiza backers were downloading the Beta. I watched it, like many? I also went and changed all the control sensitivities from 50 to 100, which in hindsight was incorrect. Then I jumped straight in and also drove the Caterham.

With the same HUD and the fact that also in hindsight the Caterham has a PCars2 feel to it. My initial thoughts were it's PCars2.

So a recommendation for anyone trying the game for the first time, choose a different car first, maybe the F3 or the trainer? This will highlight that the FFB is its own new animal.

Then go back and try the Caterham. You can certainly loop it up. Some great drifting also.

You guys may think what you wish, but my experience allows me to clearly identify some issues just by watching some gameplay footage. Unfortunately, I have been spot on till today dispite the comments like "...duhh, its only beta!!!"
This game has nothing to do with AMS1 but simply is a downgrade version of PCars2. Do you really thing SMS would take the risk of loosing their clients??

... good luck guys!!! the world needs your good will:) an I need to keep my 100€ for something worthy

Last edited:
I haven't played the beta at all, but I've seen the screenshots and I know for a fact it is crap and Reiza is doomed.

Also, the FFB is absolute trash, I've seen all the videos and it's clear as day. SMS sucks.

Wow.... just, wow! :speechless:

It's getting harder and harder to be sarcastic on the internet. You might think you are really pushing it now to make a very obvious point, but at the end of the day, there will always be plenty of those who would say the same thing in exactly the same way (or worse) while being dead serious. And so the standards for what is still considered a serious and valid comment keep getting lower and lower, and there's no more room left for sarcasm.

Then again, a classic once said that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, so...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back