AMS 2 FFB Discussion

I just tested all settings,
RAW, informative, imersive, more FFB, lower FFB, LowForceBoost 0 40 80...
What I found was the same FFB like in pCARS2, the same damage jolt effekts, when you driving on small bumps, the over powered force, when the car are oversteering, the les details about the rear axle.
It's for me, the biggest disappointment in the year.
You don't beleive me?
Please take a seat in the StockCar or the Falcon V8, starting in Spielberg with clear wather in both games.
The detailed, RAW, real and comprehensible FFB, you are only get in AMS1. The same like rFactor2, but much more heavyer.
In rF² you feel the gene of rF². It's not like AMS but near of it.

AMS2-Beta is for me pCARS2 and i am realy sad, because my hope was realy big. So many people say "Stop! It's pCARS2! You should not beleve that it can be better!" But i say, "No, that are not SMS, they are Reiza Studios,, they have good guys, the have got Nils and he knows what he do."

What shuld i say?
I am realy sad and hopeless because that pCARS2-feeling will be not gone after the final release. If that be possible, than only with deleting it and copy paste from AMS1.
But what i know now, when you want to say, "Shut up and take my money!" Think before it. It's funny but expensive some times.

Best wiches from Germany, Manuel

I just testet the Ultima, OldStock, AJR... All the same. No Reiza-Feeling.
Kart and Caterham too. Are the 310HP Caterham damage? More than 170km/h not possible an Spielberg.

Btw.:
I am using the SimuCUBE without any damping or filterring.
But, AMS1 feels grate, too with the G27.

Attachments

• 2020-02-29 03_28_54-Steam.png
    2020-02-29 03_28_54-Steam.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 474
Last edited:
  • Deleted member 963434

I am imagining things or do some of these custom feedback profiles affect the way the car handles?
I swear some of the cars come around easier on different profiles? Maybe I'm just going mad.
it can thats why im telling ffb in general is bad in ALL sims and nothing like real thing even with direct drive. Tey should make games with no settings to ffb just one slider how easy to turn wheel you want and tweaking ffb by other apps shall be considered as using cheats, like auto aim in FPS games..
I think they made such ffb in iceRacing, you have 2 sliders one to designate your wheel max force, second to set initial resistance force i thinks, but i dont play it just cause of subscription prices and i very much dont like its sliding physics

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 963434

i mean i think im forced to set my ffb to unrealistic easy to be faster, or to set it most realistic but then i be slower. Of course i choose realistic ffb and be slower, but sometimes it angries me that everyone is able to set ffb how he want, and even turn it off and drive just by memory, for sure he can be fastest like those chinese kids making unbelievable things with games like trackmania xD i wish someday nobody will be able to set ffb, it would be set to most realistic by devs and yo can only set initial ffb resistance

The less FFB the better. Its got to be there like a ghost almost ready to pounce but AMS2 and all the games its got to be ideal I have found.

But if you do 180 on the highway, ok, its not like FFB - its the same as driving 100 km/hour lol because thats how cars are made. In your road car you would not feel any ffb-turn force lol, you would simply slide off the road. Many games do pretty well in this regard.

AMS2 for a couple of months same thing and raceroom has been good - even AC can be good. I do not drive an audi r8 but I can envision it may be similar.

They are closer than you think - because what I am on about is 'the absence of ffb' during a movement...maybe it does not reach you through the column or tires, etc.

Which is entirely true. So those games that do less - and now AMS2 with the version 50 custom with the help of reiza - are fine examples. Maybe not exact but mostly there.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 963434

The less FFB the better. Its got to be there like a ghost almost ready to pounce but AMS2 and all the games its got to be ideal I have found.

But if you do 180 on the highway, ok, its not like FFB - its the same as driving 100 km/hour lol because thats how cars are made. In your road car you would not feel any ffb-turn force lol, you would simply slide off the road. Many games do pretty well in this regard.

AMS2 for a couple of months same thing and raceroom has been good - even AC can be good. I do not drive an audi r8 but I can envision it may be similar.

They are closer than you think - because what I am on about is 'the absence of ffb' during a movement...maybe it does not reach you through the column or tires, etc.

Which is entirely true. So those games that do less - and now AMS2 with the version 50 custom with the help of reiza - are fine examples. Maybe not exact but mostly there.
look i just want to feel center always and i think current sims ffb not allow me to feel it whole time. i mean today ffb looks more like horse riding, i mean yo have no center feel then turning and ffb gives you response, but once you turned when you want to center wheel it gives you no info, then you must look for center by shaking wheel (as Jimmy Broadbent do on his streams xD)
i mean you know in real car you always feel slight resistance to all turning wheel, no matter cars standing or goin 300 km/h you always feel slight resistance, but with current sims you feel only resistence when you turning yo wheel... but example at spa chicane after long straight after radillon yo turnin fast right then after that is fast left, well i managed to set my DD wheel to feel center by reducing wheel max speed setting to 120 rpm thats as i calculated 2 full rotation per second, but i know for sure if i set max wheel speed setting to max 200rpm thats 3,33 full rotation per second then i dont feel center and wheel start oscillating when in center.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back