Automobilista 2 | Early Access and Pricing Explained

Greetings all,

@Renato Simioni has made an informative post here in which he explains the various purchasing options available for AMS 2. I thought I would repost that information here, to help people find it after it inevitably get's buried in that thread. Here is the post, quoted directly:

Just further clarification as there is undertandably a bit of confusion as to what´s on offer and what will be on offer from next week onwards.

There are 3 types of Automobilista 2 purchases you can make:

1- Automobilista 2: this is what´s being released next week in Early Access, it´s the base game without DLCs. The full price from Steam is US$ 49.99 / €44.99, but if you buy it during Early Access you´ll get 40% off on that full price. Buying this grants you:

1) All the content listed here

2) All the content that will still be added for free to the base game - this includes so far the Historic GP Cars, two 90s DTM cars, the GT3/GT4 pack and Bathurst - keep in mind this is only part of what´s coming until July, plenty more not yet announced.​

2- Automobilista 2 Season Pass: this includes all DLCs we will release during 2020-2021 this will cost US$ 99.99 / €89.99 and it will include:

1) Hockenheim Pack featuring 1975, 1988, 2001, 2019 versions (individually this will sell for US$ 9.99 /€8.99)​

2) Silverstone Pack featuring 1975, 1991, 2001, 2019 versions (individually this will sell for US$ 9.99 / €8.99)​

3) At least three more Track DLCs in the same mould of the two above ( US$ 9.99 / €8.99 each)​

4) At least three Expansion Packs featuring both cars and tracks of a certain theme (prices ranging from US$19.99 to US$ 29.99)​

3- Automobilista 2 Pack from our Forum Store: This includes AMS2 + Season Pass as described above, plus access to AMS2 Beta as described in the opening post.

The value on the latter two packs are naturally a little more abstract as we haven´t disclosed details for all DLCs planned for 2020-2021. Some people have thus been understandably surprised by the price difference between the base game and the Season Pass - it will make more sense when you know them :) It´s a far bigger project than one can see at the moment.

But we certainy don´t expect options 2 and 3 to cater to most people with the info that´s currently available, and you should definitely not buy into it if you have limited disposable income or if you don´t feel comfortable buying packages before you know all that it includes.

The base game is a far more sensible purchase in that case: it packs plenty of content which will be constantly expanded, and with 40% off during Early Access should be perfectly affordable to any sim racer.

If you have any pricing questions, please post them here and hopefully Renato or another helpful Reiza dev can answer them for you. :)

Thanks Ross :)

To complement the above, the discounted Early Access price will not show as you usually see on sales with -40% off over the full price (US$49.99 / €44.99 / £41.99 / R$149,99) but instead just as the normal price with the discount applied - so US$29.99 / €26.99 / £24.99 / R$89,99 or whatever that converts to in your local currency for the beginning of Early Access.

Is the price of the Season Pass also going to be reduced 40% during the early access period? I thought I recalled seeing an answer to that mentioned elsewhere but it hasn’t been mentioned so far in this thread. It might be a good idea to include the information here for the sake of completeness.

In a recent Dan Suzuki video he said something about Early Access only being (active/available/something?) for 48 weeks after release - the implication was that EA users would then have to pay to "upgrade" to the full version. Is this the case or did I misinterpret something?

In a recent Dan Suzuki video he said something about Early Access only being (active/available/something?) for 48 weeks after release - the implication was that EA users would then have to pay to "upgrade" to the full version. Is this the case or did I misinterpret something?
Let me try and clarify.
On March 31st Automobilista 2 will be released on Steam. For the first 4 to 8 weeks they are calling it "early access" and providing a 40% discount off the base game during this time. Simply because they feel it is not up to the standards they wanted for version 1.0 release, due to the pandemic.
This early access release is the same game as the eventual version 1.0 release. There is no further payment required for the base game if you purchase the base game early access release.

I am from Australia. I have checked Steam. Game is not yet available. Could you please advise when it will be available. I appreciate it will be "Early Access" @ 40% discount. So does that mean that there is another way to to purchase?

Thanks.

Edit. Ignore this post. Downloading AMS2 as we speak. I'm getting excited. ;)

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 282 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing