AMS 2 | Beta Launches Feb 28th - What Are You Looking Forward To?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
For Reiza backers, the much anticipated AMS2 Beta will go live this February 28th - what are you most looking forward to with the new game?

Now remember folks, only those are are early backers have access to the full list of cars and tracks confirmed so far for release - so please don't go and flood the comments section with "I'm looking forward to driving the xxx around xxx" - that kinda spoils the surprise for everyone else (and we are supposed to keep these things secrete anyway!).

However without going into content specifics, I'm sure we can all think of plenty of things to talk about to keep ourselves excited between now and the 28th!

So, who's excited for a first look at AMS 2???

Automobilista 2 will release as early beta on February 28th, with a full release scheduled for March 2020.

Excited about the game? Spread that enthusiasm at the Automobilista 2 sub forum right here at RaceDepartment!

AMS 2 Beta.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not rushing to buy this & will wait for the reviews, I know AMS have been around but it's a new engine to them so plenty of things can go tits up.

I'll buy immediately - reason: I can afford it, and even if it's utter crap at the beginning I know I'll be providing a sim racing developer funds to carry on improving it.

Also I've been spending way too much time in ACC, so this will be a good distraction, especially if the VR is as good as PC2.

Modding is greatly overrated... and IRL licenses are meaningless if the cars sounds and drives great. IRL licenses costs a true fortune and only add limitations of what the devs can and can't do.
But then wasn't modding what made AMS1 a sucess, not it's content - look at ACC vs AC, ACC could never and still hasn't match up the sucess of the predecessor besides it offers nothing new

Really hoping this goes well. The FFB and sounds will be key as well as the content they have planned. I don't think the stock content is going to excite many people beyond the hard core enthusiast at this point, but hopefully future DLC's increase the player base.

I can't wait to drive the VW Micro Bus around the Euro Disney parking lot! Oh, whoops - disregard, I forgot we're not supposed to talk content! :p

Non-smartass answer, I am just very eager to try a variety of cars/tracks (to the extent possible) to see how it's coming together and confirm my suspicions that you can make a pretty damned good game on the Madness Engine.

I am far from an expert or insider or anything of the sort, just working off semi educated guesses and intuition: I think the underlying physics in the Madness Engine are probably pretty darn good. I think what holds back PC2 are very odd/inexplicable FFB design decisions. If I were a betting man, I would bet a pretty good sum Reiza will make a game that feels radically different from PC2 (despite most of the underlying physics being more or less identical).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back