AMS 2 | Beta 4 and 5 Now Available + Development Roadmap

TrumpetReich

250RPM
Premium
Oct 30, 2015
Fantastic! Thank you Reiza! I've loved them from day one and was truly shocked by the initial beta. The oversteer was awful and the ffb was pretty lame. But they've completely fixed those (still gets a tinge of oversteer, but that feels like a setup issue rather than physics). This feels wonderful. I'm glad I gave it a rest for a few weeks then returned.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Jan 6, 2010
Price is crazy. I know it will be great, but price is too much for me personally. Shame, I hope you guys enjoy it and will be watching all the YouTube videos.
Just further clarification as there is undertandably a bit of confusion as to what´s on offer and what will be on offer from next week onwards.

There are 3 types of Automobilista 2 purchases you can make:

1- Automobilista 2: this is what´s being released next week in Early Access, it´s the base game without DLCs. The full price from Steam is US$ 49.99 / €44.99, but if you buy it during Early Access you´ll get 40% off on that full price.

Buying this grants you:

1) All the content listed here
2) All the content that will still be added for free to the base game - this includes so far the Historic GP Cars, two 90s DTM cars, the GT3/GT4 pack and Bathurst - keep in mind this is only part of what´s coming until July, plenty more not yet announced.

2- Automobilista 2 Season Pass: this includes all DLCs we will release during 2020-2021 this will cost US$ 99.99 / €89.99 and it will include:

1) Hockenheim Pack featuring 1975, 1988, 2001, 2019 versions (individually this will sell for US$ 9.99 /€8.99)
2) Silverstone Pack featuring 1975, 1991, 2001, 2019 versions (individually this will sell for US$ 9.99 / €8.99)
3) At least three more Track DLCs in the same mould of the two above ( US$ 9.99 / €8.99 each)
4) At least three Expansion Packs featuring both cars and tracks of a certain theme (prices ranging from US$19.99 to US$ 29.99)

3- Automobilista 2 Pack from our Forum Store: This includes AMS2 + Season Pass as described above, plus access to AMS2 Beta as described in the opening post.

The value on the latter two packs are naturally a little more abstract as we haven´t disclosed details for all DLCs planned for 2020-2021. Some people have thus been understandably surprised by the price difference between the base game and the Season Pass - it will make more sense when you know them :) It´s a far bigger project than one can see at the moment.

But we certainy don´t expect options 2 and 3 to cater to most people with the info that´s currently available, and you should definitely not buy into it if you have limited disposable income or if you don´t feel comfortable buying packages before you know all that it includes.

The base game is a far more sensible purchase in that case: it packs plenty of content which will be constantly expanded, and with 40% off during Early Access should be perfectly affordable to any sim racer.

Last edited:

BrunoB

Too much Goebbels
Oct 10, 2011
Good god. :confused:
Was is good or bad news, c'mon man ?? :alien:
I think the word "was" was used wrongfully. A few times.
Can someone help to translate this, please. Author would be the best, yes. :)
Ah come on this is absolutely not cool.
Why do you use his spelling or syntax to try to patronize him.
Just like a lot of us english is probably not his first language - yes and so what?
What he means is pretty easy to understand - hehe eventhough Im struggling a bit with the meaning of the half of the last sentense.:thumbsup:

ByTheWay: Patronizing is bad - mkey? ;)

TrumpetReich

250RPM
Premium
Oct 30, 2015
Do the cars have weight? That is my biggest gripe.
Yes, they feel like they actually slide out to the edge of the turns now. Plus it's transferred much better through the ffb. It still has work to be done for sure, but I feel like I can actually drive the car now, unlike before.

Reactions: M D Gourley

dene11

75RPM
Dec 7, 2018
Ah come on this is absolutely not cool.
Why do you use his spelling or syntax to try to patronize him.
Just like a lot of us english is probably not his first language - yes and so what?
What he means is pretty easy to understand - hehe eventhough Im struggling a bit with the meaning of the half of the last sentense.:thumbsup:

ByTheWay: Patronizing is bad - mkey? ;)
Thank you, Bruno :) yes, I am not native english speaker :D so, yes its maybe little bit difficult to say everything pure clear. As you said, important is context.

Reactions: BrunoB

norbs

That cams guy.
Premium
Mar 22, 2014
+1

Watching replays in VR is thrilling but in pcars 2 they ruined it by putting us behind fences & miles away in the stands i hate how these devs nanny us in vr. Original Pcars, AC & original Dirt Rally are all much better.
What does "nanny us" mean?

Do you have an example of a track in AC that works well in VR so I can check that out?

Jun 21, 2016
The ffb is a mix bag for me, I'm not really feeling the added features like tire scrub my fx is set to 10 any higher & the engine & transmission is too much, i would prefer a separate slider for scrub. There is no lateral feel in some cars going into corners & some cars are clipping or feel very lumpy. It seems to do vertical ffb well but not so much lateral ffb when cornering. I really like the superv8, caterhams & open wheel cars they feel great to drive.
Some bugs in there of course but much more stable with every release. Can't seem to find a good AA setting in vr is supersampling broken?
I will wait a few more releases to try the ai as i think it will take some work to crack.

Spinelli

1000RPM
Jan 22, 2014
Further tyre model revisions
So Reiza are making changes to SMS's core tyre model (I believe known as "SETA")? Or when they say "tyre model" do they just mean adjusted values of some of the cars' tyres like what happens when any vehicle is created or edited (be it from a developer, a modder, whoever)?

Some times developers decieve & mislead by claiming "tyre model" changes when in fact the game's tyre model was never even touched but instead just the tyre values were changed on some cars. It would be like adding more downforce to a car or more hp or a different suspension design and then claiming "physics engine/model" revisions.

I'm not saying Reiza is neccessarily doing this, I'm just simply asking because, from what I'm aware of AMS1 (build notes), Reiza never touched the original RF1/ISI tyre model therefore I'm just a little suprised that they'd all of a sudden start delving into core programming of tyre modelling...but I'd definitely welcome it if true.

...resulting in higher overall rack force and self aligning torque)
This may be good for non-dd wheel users but bad for dd wheel users. DD wheels, regardless of game, already tend to have way overly unproportionally powerful & forcefull SAT. If anything, this should be reduced relative to steering input forces (and some other forces).

Hopefully, with Project Cars' massive amount of FFB customization ability (like RFactor 1), we can at-least try and adjust this for our own equipment and taste.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ote and Andrew_WOT

Case_

6000RPM
Premium
Jun 30, 2011
I have to say that I was...let's say less than impressed by Reiza paywalling the beta access to basically only allow wealthier simracers to participate, but this is a great offer and approach. Probably back to day one for me if I can manage.

Dethrone1427

500RPM
Sep 29, 2015
The ffb is a mix bag for me, I'm not really feeling the added features like tire scrub my fx is set to 10 any higher & the engine & transmission is too much, i would prefer a separate slider for scrub. There is no lateral feel in some cars going into corners & some cars are clipping or feel very lumpy. It seems to do vertical ffb well but not so much lateral ffb when cornering. I really like the superv8, caterhams & open wheel cars they feel great to drive.
Some bugs in there of course but much more stable with every release. Can't seem to find a good AA setting in vr is supersampling broken?
I will wait a few more releases to try the ai as i think it will take some work to crack.
Have you not played around with the super sampling in the VR menu?

Goffik

RMG Motorsports
Staff
Premium
Sep 28, 2009
What does "nanny us" mean?
Possibly that some developers "protect" us from things like VR motion sickness by adding non-optional features to prevent it. Distant camera views would be an example, because it reduces view panning which can be a big cause of sickness for those susceptible to it.

Reactions: Szymon Olizarowicz
Aug 5, 2011
I actually have a question about VR. Does the game forcefully mirror the be display on monitor (like pcars 2 did) or can we switch to hmd-only display to save on performance? I’m asking because on my GTX 1060 performance was acceptable in pcars 2, but it started to cook my gpu/cpu rather quickly (no such problems with other versions titles, including sims). I prefer to race without computer fans sounding as if my computer was attempting a take off.

Dethrone1427

500RPM
Sep 29, 2015
I actually have a question about VR. Does the game forcefully mirror the be display on monitor (like pcars 2 did) or can we switch to hmd-only display to save on performance? I’m asking because on my GTX 1060 performance was acceptable in pcars 2, but it started to cook my gpu/cpu rather quickly (no such problems with other versions titles, including sims). I prefer to race without computer fans sounding as if my computer was attempting a take off.
I googled this as I had concerned about it eating up performance, once an image has been rendered the cost to mirror it is apparently very, very minor. Hence why I did not look any further after I read that, so don't worry too much about it mirroring.