AMS 2 Announced - MADNESS Engine Confirmed!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The announcement is here! Read on for some very big news regarding the next racing game project from Reiza Studios.

Having earned considerable good will from the sim racing community thanks to their outstanding work on GSCE and Automobilista, Reiza Studios confirmed they planned on developing and releasing a new racing title in the very near future. For various reasons that "very near future" turned into a couple of years or so, and the original working title of 'Reiza '17' quickly became obsolete.

Well folks, wait no more - the announcement is here!

Let’s be honest, we expected this to be good... and good it is. Firstly, let’s talk about the surprise aspect of the announcement today – the game engine.

Most folks would be willing to throw down money on Reiza taking hold of the rFactor 2 ISI gMotor2 and bolting on an external graphics engine… but Reiza have surprised us all with an announcement we didn’t expect – AMS 2 will be using the Slightly Mad Studios developed Madness engine!

So what does that mean? Well it means day-to-night transitions. It means dynamic weather and it means VR! Yes, all those things that sim racers ask for, wrapped up in an impressive graphics engine that gives good framerates. Oh, and with the Reiza magic touch regarding physics and force feedback thrown into the mix. Awesome.

So, what else do we know? Well looking at the new trailer, we see the now legendary StockCar Series and Interlargos circuit, giving us a couple of exceptional pieces of content, and leading me to believe that AMS 2 will once again have a focus on the Brazilian racing scene at its core – which is excellent news in my opinion.

Other highlights from trailer has to be the incredible 1991 Ayrton Senna McLaren Honda! The Brazilian legend, a legendary Brazilian development studio - how awesome is that!

All in, this announcement sounds like fantastic news from Reiza, and well, well worth the wait!

AMS 2 Announcement McLaren Honda.jpg

The Reiza announcement in full:

Automobilista 2 is the culmination of a project developed over the course of nearly a decade. At its core, it is a comprehensive simulation of the Brazilian motorsports scene, featuring all major Brazilian racing series, race tracks and manufacturers.

Automobilista 2 will also celebrate Brazilian motorsports heritage by featuring some of the country´s most iconic heroes and achievements through its rich history in the sport.

Packing an even larger roster of diverse cars and tracks than its predecessor, Automobilista 2 will venture further into the best of international motorsports, including prestigious brands such as McLaren and BMW along with iconic venues such as Brands Hatch and Imola, at the same time continuing to explore the more exotic and exciting forms of motorsports from around the world.

Boosted by a new technical partnership with the developers of the award-winning Project CARS series, Automobilista 2 is built on the MADNESS engine, providing incredible graphical quality, the most advanced dynamic weather and track condition systems in a racing simulator and superior VR support, to deliver a substantial realism upgrade and a fully immersive visual experience.

With Automobilista 2 we aim to combine the strengths that made its predecessor unique with major evolutions in all areas. The sim will offer some exclusive features for both single player and multiplayer, which we look forward to sharing over the remaining months of development!

AMS 2 is set to release December 2019.

For the latest news and discussion items in relation to the newly announced new racing simulation from Reiza Studios, head over to our brand new AMS 2 sub forum, and never miss a thing again!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
@Navigator

You are entitled to your opinion, which is fine and you've stated it here now. Others may disagree, some may agree.. also fine. However let us please halt this back and forth discussion on the matter before it gets out of hand and leads to arguments.

Same goes for anyone who weighs in on responding to the initial post please, cheers.

Let's get back on to the original topic, the AMS 2 announcement.

Cheers folks

I'm sorry but if you're not happy with the car lineup in AMS then there's always Forza and GT with 500000 different cars for you.

What you say is B.S. There are 2 very different Formula 3 cars, 60s F1, 70s, 80s, early 90s, mid 90s, early 2000s, early 2010s, mid 2010s, late 2010s, 2 prototype style cars, Aussie V8s, Stadium Trucks, the entire lineup of Formula Trucks, multiple different Mitsubishi Evos, an F1600 or F2000 (can't remember) and much more.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Who cares if a Metalmoro Prototype racecar is from X country or Y country, it's a prototype racecar no matter what country labelling you may put on it.

You can name it whatever you want, but there is way to much content no one cares about outside of Brazil and you know it. Look at the tracks.......(but thats why you decided to speak of the cars, I get it).

And why Forza? I dont see it; there's lots of other sims arounds, right?

Technically speaking AMS uses a patched rF1/ISIMotor physics engine built 12-15 years ago, it is not a Reiza or AMS physics engine. I could be wrong, but I see little point in using such an old engine even for physics unless they put significant resources on upgrading it and Reiza was always more into polishing/modding than building engines. The main problem with rF1 engine is the tire model, which is and was quite behind what other sims are doing even five years ago. Considering how much Reiza got out of this rF1 physics engine, I see little reason they can't do the same with Madness.

Personally can't wait.
I'm glad they didn't use gmotor2, we'd have another RF2 game kinda
Now we are gonna have PC2 style visuals with AMS physics/FFB, this is going to be awesome, hopefully they implement some kind of career/progression system :)

Been crossing my fingers all day hoping they picked the MADNESS Engine...this is the best sim-racing news I've heard all year by far! The only thing that could come 2nd now is if ACC delivers proper triple screen support before Christmas :sneaky:. People are already putting up their skeptical flags...but seriously, is that really deserved?

Every time the AMS fans ask the community "well, where's the love for AMS?" (for example, not enough RD races in AMS compared to AC, RF2 and R3E), everybody cites one of 4 things that keeps it from the big show: No VR, Lack of modern graphics, no weather and very few officially licensed cars.

• They just checked off all 4 boxes quite beautifully in one trailer.
  • They have a proven track record of delivering amazing FFB, Physics and AI.
  • The Madness engine has Triple Support built in already.
  • Anybody who has followed AMS knows that Reiza is a very dedicated bunch of guys that listen to the community
  • I'm glad for more obscure tracks...seriously, how many Spa's, Nurburgring's and Laguna Seca's do you need in your life?
AC gets Sol and the Shaders Patch: "OMG it's AC 2.0!!" (I'd say AC 1.9 but it is deserved praise)
AMS gets everything we asked for: "Hmmm...I don't know man...." (what?!)

This community always cracks me up :roflmao:

Can we give them a chance? Even though I don't have one, i'll say it: YES VR, YES BUY! :D

Folks, unless I've missed it somewhere in the excitement of the comments - why is no one talking about / excited about the '91 Senna McLaren F1 car!?!?!? :)

How cool is that? An official historic F1 car... with Reiza physics!

Two reasons why:

1. I didn't realise it's the MP4/6...I thought it was the MP4/8 which RF2 has already. More excited now for sure, although I'm still waiting for the day we get a McLaren endorsed MP4/4...it's almost criminal that the F1 car with the highest win ratio in history hasn't been modeled with the McLaren seal of approval.
  2. Regardless of which model it is, it's an F1 car (and Senna's no less), made by REIZA...it will be awesome by default, no hype required ;)

Glad so many disagree with the fact that I feel underwhelmed. Was hoping for a newer version of ISI's physics, not another roll out of the old wrapped in pretty graphics. Looking forward to the console announcement though!

• Deleted member 503495

Did I spot the Formula Reiza driving through the Swimming Pool section at Monaco?!

Holy balls this is going to be amazing!

Yup, Monaco. Betting this comes from crossover artist work between Reiza and ISI/Studio 397 and the e-prix.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 143 13.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 97 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 75 7.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 145 13.8%