Sounds Amplified - Sound Mod Thread

It kind of works :) It actualy sounds much better on my TV speakers than it did through the Rift headphones where it sounded kind of distant or washed out. I changed the wind to external so I might try again without that and see if it makes a difference.

It kind of works :) It actualy sounds much better on my TV speakers than it did through the Rift headphones where it sounded kind of distant or washed out. I changed the wind to external so I might try again without that and see if it makes a difference.

It may sound more muffled because the engine is in the back and you are driving up front.Fmod muffles the front.it's angle dependent.

It may sound more muffled because the engine is in the back and you are driving up front.Fmod muffles the front.it's angle dependent.
Edit:
I guess you mean the external sound is angle dependent? If so then yes you are absolutely right I imagine and ignore everything below :D

It is more distant than that, I've never noticed a difference in the mid or rear engine Kunos cars vs fwd. I will have a play and see if I can get better results. I had a kind of similar sensation with the stock mod, cabin echo type sound and like it is too muffled. I'm still getting the muffled thing. Maybe someone else with a Rift can confirm or disagree. I like the mod for the GT40 anyway I just want to make it work better with the T70.

Edit:
I guess you mean the external sound is angle dependent? If so then yes you are absolutely right I imagine and ignore everything below :D

It is more distant than that, I've never noticed a difference in the mid or rear engine Kunos cars vs fwd. I will have a play and see if I can get better results. I had a kind of similar sensation with the stock mod, cabin echo type sound and like it is too muffled. I'm still getting the muffled thing. Maybe someone else with a Rift can confirm or disagree. I like the mod for the GT40 anyway I just want to make it work better with the T70.
Yes I ment the angle is dependent on the external camera angle as opposed to the engine location

That explains very well what I was experiencing then :) It seemed to come from different directions almost which is probably caused by head movement in VR.

What sort of microphone is needed for getting recordings from actual cars?

I saw in another thread you said a 3rd gear pull from 1k to redline, 4 mics, intake, engine, interior and exhaust right?

Could this be done 4 times with 1 mic I assume?

I only ask as I have an LS2 with stock cam albeit a loud exhaust, but we're distinctly lacking good LS sounds...

I do have a switchable backbox so could produce a quieter tone, but the valves have stuck in the 'loud' position through lack of use :roflmao:

You could of course still have 4 separate recordings and record the same session..should not be a problem.

But an ls sound should be easy there is so much material to go by, whereas the m119 is a unicorn to find usable footage.

That Merc sound could be a good standin for an endurance prototype V8 too... what upper rpm limit have you used on it?

-----

I think one sound you would make a lot of people happy with would be a really well done "generic" high boost 4-cylinder as one would find in a time attack, rally or drift car, based on something like a Honda K24, Mitsu 4G63 or Nissan SR20, with not much of an exhaust and open to atmosphere wastegate, and usability up to 10k rpm

I mean I have heard many try doing a sound like that, but they were all not working well, too simple, too artificial, too loud and so on. I've tried doing one myself but the results were not that great either.

That Merc sound could be a good standin for an endurance prototype V8 too... what upper rpm limit have you used on it?

-----

I think one sound you would make a lot of people happy with would be a really well done "generic" high boost 4-cylinder as one would find in a time attack, rally or drift car, based on something like a Honda K24, Mitsu 4G63 or Nissan SR20, with not much of an exhaust and open to atmosphere wastegate, and usability up to 10k rpm

I mean I have heard many try doing a sound like that, but they were all not working well, too simple, too artificial, too loud and so on. I've tried doing one myself but the results were not that great either.
Throw me some quality examples and I could make a generic hybrid sound

Mercedes uses limit to 10k all though I'm not sure how 'stretched' it will sound

I'll try to remember to have a listen later, a friend has one, although we've done the slight 'mod' to the back box whereby you replace the perforated pipe with solid pipe so it's a little bit louder / harsher.

Inside the car it's all induction noise :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back