American Truck Simulator Released

Chris

Premium
American-Truck-Simulator-at-PC-Gaming-Show.jpg
SCS Software, the team behind the wildly successful Euro Truck Simulator series, have released their next game in the 'Freight-hauling' genre with American Truck Simulator.

You can now share and discuss all things 'American Truck Simulator' here at RaceDepartment with our new dedicated sub-forum and modding section!

The game currently features two types of truck, the Peterbilt 579 and the Kenworth T680, however whilst this may seem underwhelming for a released game, the developers have confirmed that they are in the process of acquiring the licenses for PACCAR and Volvo trucks, the latter of which will be the VNL 780 to be released in future updates. In terms of the States available for your deliveries, the game comes with the two states of California and Nevada, with Arizona coming to the game as a free update with a time period of "Soon™".

The game is currently available for download over at Steam for $19.99 USD / 18.05€ / $27.90 AUD.

Over to you!
Will you be getting American Truck Simulator? If you already own it, share your experiences of it here!

Last edited:
@D_Moriarty @Andrew @AnyoneElse

Here's the Country playlist. Hadn't bothered to check it for quite some time, removed the Norwegian music there, and added a ton more that I had lying around in various playlists. There is some 50's style music there as well, but 98% country :) Shouldn't be any duplicates - and the list will be updated every time I find a fitting song. I advise to use the "shuffle" (random) mode in spotify, as the songs are added as I find them, and that causes quite similar songs to be added at the same time :) Feel free to share.

https://open.spotify.com/user/zolaci/playlist/7MERvFDmGSL1mIOIUhmABX

I bought it as soon as it got released, LOL. Funny thing was I was gonna re-download ETS2 just because I was bored and then I boot up steam only to see that ATS was released. And it was pretty cheap anyway, and the download size is tiny... only 1 gig, so it was totally the better deal than downloading ETS2 again given my crappy internet speeds and the ever looming threat of upsetting my bandwidth cap.

Compared to ETS2 the map just has so much more detail in it, it just feels more alive. And the whole atmosphere looks just great, yet to drive on the coast because I only keep getting jobs that take me deeper into nevada and none towards the coast. I was almost about to worry about driving with a wonky fov on triples but mods were out there to fix that already even before I finished the game download so huzzah for that. Put in 4 hours so far and it is just as addictive as ETS2. Also, am I the only one that prefers podcasts over music when truckin'? :p

You can turn right on a red light in the US in almost all the states, unless stated otherwise. It's actually a lot smoother than we are used to in the EUSSR.

Same for the placements of the traffic lights after a junction instead of before a junction like here in Europe. I often twist my long giraffe neck when waiting for a red sign. No probs in Murica though :)
Whoa whoa whoa...wait a second! You mean to tell me, you can't just turn right (or left for the UK) at a red light despite there being nothing coming the other way? What sort of draconian bull@#$% is that?!
Second point: please explain @Bram . How the hell are you supposed to see what the other direction has so you know when to be ready to set off and not be that idiot sitting at a green light that I scream obscenities at because the light has been green for 7 seconds?

All we need in America now is for our traffic signals to go red + yellow to let the aforementioned absented headed moron in front of me know that we're about to go green and it's time to put down the phone/makeup/ McDonalds and be ready to drive. It would solve a solid 75% of my road rage.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back