American Truck Simulator Released

Chris

Premium
American-Truck-Simulator-at-PC-Gaming-Show.jpg
SCS Software, the team behind the wildly successful Euro Truck Simulator series, have released their next game in the 'Freight-hauling' genre with American Truck Simulator.

You can now share and discuss all things 'American Truck Simulator' here at RaceDepartment with our new dedicated sub-forum and modding section!

The game currently features two types of truck, the Peterbilt 579 and the Kenworth T680, however whilst this may seem underwhelming for a released game, the developers have confirmed that they are in the process of acquiring the licenses for PACCAR and Volvo trucks, the latter of which will be the VNL 780 to be released in future updates. In terms of the States available for your deliveries, the game comes with the two states of California and Nevada, with Arizona coming to the game as a free update with a time period of "Soon™".

The game is currently available for download over at Steam for $19.99 USD / 18.05€ / $27.90 AUD.

Over to you!
Will you be getting American Truck Simulator? If you already own it, share your experiences of it here!

Last edited:
Whoa whoa whoa...wait a second! You mean to tell me, you can't just turn right (or left for the UK) at a red light despite there being nothing coming the other way?
Indeed ;) Red is holy here. Just like you yanks respect a stop sign as a holy signal :)

Indeed ;) Red is holy here. Just like you yanks respect a stop sign as a holy signal :)

ROFL, here in India we can turn left on red and we guys adopted your system. Either that or I have been turning left on red all my life without knowing I'm not supposed to do that. It's only logical though. And people don't really give a toss about traffic laws here so not like it matters anyway. :p

Second point: please explain @Bram . How the hell are you supposed to see what the other direction has so you know when to be ready to set off and not be that idiot sitting at a green light that I scream obscenities at because the light has been green for 7 seconds?
Not, you just pay attention to the light :p
And when you watch a light from the side, you may see the color in the black cap around a traffic light

Where is the go to for mods for ATS? Anyone know?

My go to mods website is atsmods.lt.

Unless you mean which are the go to mods, to that I can't give a specific answer because I got a billion mods running right now. All the mods that improve the environment are the ones that I plopped in first, to me increasing the liveliness of the map comes before trucks, that said I also do have a ton of trucks added in from the two truck-pack mods and various one off trucks. :p

My go to mods website is atsmods.lt.

Unless you mean which are the go to mods, to that I can't give a specific answer because I got a billion mods running right now. All the mods that improve the environment are the ones that I plopped in first, to me increasing the liveliness of the map comes before trucks, that said I also do have a ton of trucks added in from the two truck-pack mods and various one off trucks. :p
Thank you very much. Just what I was looking for.

It's still beyond me that this game and Euro Truck Simulator 2 don't give you the ability to just drive a CAR in freeroam mode...
That would be SO much better than driving trucks...
I enjoyed playing ETS2 especially on French roads and all, and I liked how the highways were realistic and all... But WHY NO CARS??? lol:confused:
I've read yesterday that apparently they intend to add drivable cars in the future...
I really hope it's true... It would make the game 2000x better in my book...

Right now, the only "realistic" game is City Car Driving, for those that want working traffic lights and all... but this game is kinda ugly...
ETS2 and ATS would bury City Car Driving for good if only they had freeroam with cars...:cry:

I'm still totally buying it though. lol

Still waiting for the Coach/Bus to be added..that would be fun. I know their are Coach mods and an old SCS bus sim, but their were rumours that a Coach DLC might be happening......maybe now that ATS is out?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%