American Truck Simulator New Arizona Images

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ATS Arizona 2.jpg

SCS Software have been busy of late polishing up developments for both American Truck Simulator and European Truck Simulator 2, the most recent of which can be seen in the new images for the upcoming ATS Arizona map in this article.

The team behind the development of ATS have revealed some interesting insights into the technological advancements utilised for this new DLC.

SCS have revealed that the Arizona map should benefit from high resolution textures, greater variety of shoulders and side-walks (that's paths for you English readers...) as well as a greater emphasis on providing a more fluent driving experience for users to enjoy.... including "harmonized and more logical" speed limits (whatever that means).

With ETS, ETS2 and the launch version of American Truck Simulator designed and developed using technology and tools of an older generation the more recent developments for both games now use a new modular system that allows greater flexibility for the developers to flex their creative muscles.

With Arizona on the way for ATS and a new French location coming to ETS 2 the future for fans of the trucking scene looks bright indeed...

American Truck Simulator and European Truck Simulator 2 both feature in our RaceDepartment Sim Racing Games sub forums with a wealth of discussion topics, news items and of course a large selection of the many awesome community created mod content for these 2 epic games. Head on over to the American Truck Sim and European Truck Sim 2 sub forums to find out more...

ATS Arizona 3.jpg ATS Arizona 4.jpg ATS Arizona 5.jpg ATS Arizona 6.jpg ATS Arizona 7.jpg ATS Arizona.jpg

Ok its not a racing game, but it is awesome... Do you enjoy ATS/ETS2? Looking forward to the Arizona release? Let us know in the comments section below!

ATS is a good step-up environment wise from ETS2 but I do miss the long runs you can do in Europe, so the more states the better. I expect we'll have to rely on modders though to do the obvious thing and bring us the Ice Road Truckers sim the world needs. :)

I am now without wheel. Oh no! :cry:
Have you given release date?

-A little offtopic.
I have the mod Promods. When I go by cities mod, I really lower the frames. Going to 60fps to 25-30fps. Is my pc or mod?
Pc: i7-4790k-gtx970-12gb ddr3

Is there any FFB to speak of in ETS/ATS? I have ETS2 with some DLC, but i remember my Wheel just rattled and felt weird (typical vibration, canned stuff, dampening etc) so i played for a year or so with mouse/keyb (which was awesome btw lol).

Any change now or is there some tweaks/mods to get good/decent FFB? Cheers.

I am now without wheel. Oh no! :cry:
Have you given release date?

-A little offtopic.
I have the mod Promods. When I go by cities mod, I really lower the frames. Going to 60fps to 25-30fps. Is my pc or mod?
Pc: i7-4790k-gtx970-12gb ddr3

Don't think it's the mod or computer... I'm running an i5 4690K (4.6GHz), OC GTX980Ti, 16GB DDR3 and ATS tanks to ~30fps in built up areas, ETS runs fine at 60fps ... max graphics options at 3440x1440... SCS Software really need to update there game engine, only running on 2 cores is really hurting performance, imho.

Can't wait for the Arizona and France updates.

Is there any FFB to speak of in ETS/ATS? I have ETS2 with some DLC, but i remember my Wheel just rattled and felt weird (typical vibration, canned stuff, dampening etc) so i played for a year or so with mouse/keyb (which was awesome btw lol).

Any change now or is there some tweaks/mods to get good/decent FFB? Cheers.

No changes to FFB in the year I've played ETS2, ATS is the same ... saying that, personally drive a Volvo FM 410 at work and the FFB feels very similar to reality, i.e. pretty dead ... Only thing really missing is Wheel Centring, the FFB doesn't drag the wheel back to centre, but that can be dialled-in via your wheel's setup outside of ATS/ETS2.

Don't think it's the mod or computer... I'm running an i5 4690K (4.6GHz), OC GTX980Ti, 16GB DDR3 and ATS tanks to ~30fps in built up areas, ETS runs fine at 60fps ... max graphics options at 3440x1440... SCS Software really need to update there game engine, only running on 2 cores is really hurting performance, imho.

Can't wait for the Arizona and France updates.

For me it's even more ridiculous, because in both games I've got no more than 30fps even on low details and 1280x1024 resolution. I dont have such high-end PC like you, because I've got i5-4460 3.2Ghz, 8GB RAM and Gigabyte HD 7970 3GB which i've bought few days ago, because my old 1GB GPU died, but I can run games like GTA V or Dirt Rally on high settings smoothly on 60fps. SCS should really improve their game engine, instead of releasing some pointless DLCs like last one, wheel customization pack. It's nonsense that game from 2012 which doesnt even have DX10 support works worse than game from 2015...

No changes to FFB in the year I've played ETS2, ATS is the same ... saying that, personally drive a Volvo FM 410 at work and the FFB feels very similar to reality, i.e. pretty dead ... Only thing really missing is Wheel Centring, the FFB doesn't drag the wheel back to centre, but that can be dialled-in via your wheel's setup outside of ATS/ETS2.
Cheers mate. Nice to know it feels similar to the real deal. And yeah, the centering forces is the one thing that is missing in a bunch of titles. Even Dirt Rally have had that missing (maybe not anymore), but its a common thing and its annoying. Anyway i might pick up ATS cause it looks fantastic. :)

I can't decide between the Euro and American versions. I really like the scenery in ATS, but ETS 2 has more places visit and even extends that by including a Scandinavian expansion and of course the upcoming French expansion as mentioned here.

My head's gonna spin thinking about this :confused:

Last edited:
Everytime I play ETS2, I have SO much fun.
I REALLY love how you can listen to your local radios.
I always choose the 80s ones. lol

Still think these games are the biggest waste in the history of games though...
Cos...
They should have done this with cars.
There's NO realistic car driving game.
GTA games feel way too simple... City Car Driving feels terrible to me...
We need a game like ETS/ATS with cars.
Or, the developers should give us the possibility to drive cars in a freeroam mode.
They actually SAID they would do it eventually, I swear.:confused:
Has this idea been abandoned?:cry:

On a side note, agreeing with one of the comments above though.
America will never be as fascinating as Europe, when it comes to driving.
Straight road during 100 miles? Ugh, give me tight European corners, please.:thumbsup:

I'm sorry, but what is the appeal of driving a truck across country delivering goods and not getting paid real money for it? It's like playing a supermarket sim where you stack shelves. :whistling:

I'm sorry, but what is the appeal of driving a truck across country delivering goods and not getting paid real money for it? It's like playing a supermarket sim where you stack shelves. :whistling:
Which is why I don't understand why they don't do this with cars...
I think it would be SO more "fun" as a freeroam driving simulator!
It seems people all have very different opinions though.
Some people told me it was stupid to want cars and the point was to deliver goods...
I don't understand this opinion...
Personally, I couldn't care less about the delivery itself and I like the fact that it might be the most realistic driving experience ever. (I'm talking about the way the traffic behaves, the gas stations, etc.)
I see it as a relaxing realistic driving experience, that's all.
Sometimes I even "relax" driving hillclimbs in Assetto Corsa.:)
Sometimes I don't race and just drive at normal speed with a "street car".
I used to do it in some GTA games but after playing some simulations, I can't go back to action games. lol:laugh:
What about you? Would you enjoy it more if it was like a "simple" driving simulator?

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back