American Truck Simulator | First Idaho Gameplay Reveal

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
SCS Software - the developers of both American Truck Simulator and European Truck Sim 2 - have released a short and sweet new gameplay preview for the upcoming Idaho map expansion coming soon to American Truck Simulator.

The video has been deliberately created to not reveal too much information and imagery from the new map expansion, so not to spoil the experience of discovering the region for yourself, but as SCS take control of one of the big rigs within the sim, we get a nice opportunity to travel between the harvest site near Sandpoint, to a paper-mill factory in Lewiston within Idaho, USA.

At present, the DLC is scheduled to land 'Summer 2020', with no exact release date or costings known at this point. SCS themselves have confirmed development for this piece of content is beginning to slow down, so maybe we aren't that far away from a release... watch this space!

Original Source: SCS Software

American Truck Simulator is available from Steam exclusively for PC.

Having issues with the simulation? Post a thread in the American Truck Sim sub forum here at RaceDepartment and let our awesome community help you out!

ATS Idaho 6.jpg
ATS Idaho 4.jpg

Attachments

• ATS header.jpg
    ATS header.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
Thanks for posting this! I'm looking forward to driving in Idaho. We will then have three states in close proximity where the graphics are very good. I get spoiled driving in Oregon, Washington, New Mexico, and Utah, and I usually try to limit my trips to those states.

This Sim is pure relaxation.
The video is nice, but it could have adjusted its graphics better. I don't like textures popping up.
And in the AMS there are really too many Range Rovers standing around :confused:

I really enjoy both ETS2 and ATS, with a favourite playlist or podcast running in the background they are both a relaxing change of pace. I particularly enjoy ATS, the different scenery in each of the states makes exploring fun. Looking forward to the upcoming DLC releases.

Yeeehaa!

Looks good. One of these days I'll finally try one of these truck simulators!

Can I transport cows?

Livestock trailers are defo in ETS2...but for the life of me I have no idea if ATS has them, I'll say it probably has from the "farm" depots just like in ETS2. I'll have a check later on unless someone beats me to it!

edit...hmmmm looks like you can't!!! I have not found any mention of livestock trailers in ATS and can't find them in game....

Last edited:
I guess 'ETS' is the other best truck simulator, the European one. Yeah, I thought the american version which crosses
these states would carry cattle among other goods. Hmm, I find it odd they haven't thought about how cool - adding
more immersion - cows mooing from the trailer would fit here while you drive these huge trucks.

I'm gonna check out some ETS videos on the Tube... They are relaxing. With luck I'll here some moooos!

I guess 'ETS' is the other best truck simulator, the European one. Yeah, I thought the american version which crosses
these states would carry cattle among other goods. Hmm, I find it odd they haven't thought about how cool - adding
more immersion - cows mooing from the trailer would fit here while you drive these huge trucks.

I'm gonna check out some ETS videos on the Tube... They are relaxing. With luck I'll here some moooos!

Found a payware mod for a livestock trailer:

Found a vid with plenty of "moos" at the start :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 89 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 335 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 464 39.1%