American Truck Simulator and ETS2 Updated

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ATS ETS Update.jpg

SCS Software have released double the fun for fans of big-rig style trucking enjoyment, with simultaneous updates for both American Truck Simulator and the studio's older title, European Truck Simulator.

After a reasonably large break between updates, the team over at SCS have been hard at work preparing version 1.2 for popular the new release, American Truck Simulator.

Currently retailing at £15.99 on the Steam platform, ATS is a career focused truck driving game that places a premium on players safely delivering a variety of cargo across some of America's most iconic landscapes and detailed road networks while earning money and building up your own virtual trucking network.

Both ATS and ETS2 will benefit from the following feature additions:

Steam Workshop - an external hub which allows simple distribution of game modifications created by community. Thanks to Steam Workshop, you can download and install mods effortlessly from a safe and trusted place.

Ultimate Wheel Customization - SCS have split truck wheels models into multiple components: Tire and Disk separation was introduced recently, in addition to it they have added customization of sub-components of the disk: Hubs, Hub Covers and Nuts.

SCS Workshop Uploader app - Modding ATS & ETS through Steam Workshop will require use of a dedicated tool for mod makers; a new dedicated Steam application - SCS Workshop Uploader. You can grab it from your Steam library under Tools category.

The new update to ATS brings a number of technical improvements to the many elements involved in successful big riggin' in the U.S. of A., as well as improvements to traffic, AI, and enhancements in visibility of various road signs.

ATS Update.jpg

American Truck Simulator v1.2 changelog

UI
  • Navigation path (red line) can be disabled (option)
  • Disable of hidden Route Advisor popups (option)
  • Autopark feature can be disabled (option)
  • Speeding highlight on Route Advisor
VEHICLES
  • Improved truck stability during retarder usage
  • Smart cruise control can use activated engine brake when no retarder is present
  • Fixed cruise control locked on by retarder
  • Multiple position of engine brake
  • Keyboard steering improved
MAP
  • Speed limits polished
  • Speed limits signs enlarged
  • Stop signs removed from traffic light controlled crossroads
  • Turn left traffic light added to some crossroads
  • Certified scales are now working
  • Traffic light on interstates removed (where possible)
OTHER
  • AI improvements
  • Steam achievements for Nevada

Alongside the new ATS update, love has also been lavished on the slightly older European version of the title with version 1.23 going live for European Truck Simulator. Special attention has been focused around similar areas (physics and AI based features) as in the American Truck Simulator release, alongside other tweaks and enhancements.

Both ATS and ETS are due to receive a map extension with new territories available to play in the coming weeks, and I for one can't wait to give it a go!

ETS 2 Update.jpg

Euro Truck Simulator 2 v1.23 changelog

UI
  • Traffic offense can be disabled (option)
  • Navigation path (red line) can be disabled (option)
  • Disable of hidden Route Advisor popups (option)
  • Autopark feature can be disabled (option)
  • Speeding highlight on Route Advisor
VEHICLES
  • Improved truck stability during retarder usage
  • Smart cruise control can use activated engine brake when no retarder is present
  • Advanced shifting simulation
  • Real shifter layouts (Scania, Volvo, ZF). To activate them you need to use new profile or remove your custom H-Shifter layouts
OTHER
  • AI improvements

SCS have also developed a substantial Modding Wiki for both games with advice and guidance on how to get the best from the mods available in ATS and ETS2.

Truck on over to our RaceDepartment American Truck Simulator and European Truck Simulator forums for awesome mods and all the latest news and discussion around SCS Software's two big riggin' titles.

Have you tried the new update(s) yet? What are your impressions of the new changes? Is ATS living up to your expectations so far? Discuss in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
In other ATS / ETS news it looks like we can now expect some wheel related DLC coming to both titles.

Interesting (and awesome) bit about this is if you buy it for ATS you also get it for ETS free, despite differences between the different DLC's.

From the SCS blog:

"We are introducing a pair of "aftermarket" Wheel Tuning Packs in the form of DLC, with new unique parts tailored for the Euro style and American style wheels respectively. The recent changes in the base games - splitting the monolithic wheel models into multiple parts - have already brought you a lot of freedom in making hundreds possible combinations of wheels. With the new DLC stuff, the number of potential combinations grows by another magnitude or two, especially if you consider that some of the parts can now have any color you wish applied to them."

Video's too:

#sweeeeeeeeeeet

I don't know about you guys, but I got creeped. Slightly.

I just installed ETS2 two days ago casually since I figured I haven't played it apart from testing it an eternity ago. Then I find out on RD they released an update o-o

What are the odds of me getting back to a game that gets an update shortly after.

I don't know about you guys, but I got creeped. Slightly.

I just installed ETS2 two days ago casually since I figured I haven't played it apart from testing it an eternity ago. Then I find out on RD they released an update o-o

What are the odds of me getting back to a game that gets an update shortly after.
You are born to play ETS2...it has been calling you:
"Must....deliver...potatoes........"

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back